The online racing simulator
a good *FREE* version
(83 posts, closed, started )
It's a demo because it's free and a taster. Giving away S1 would then make that the demo wouldn't it? Allow the dev's to make money on all of their work.
Okay... this is just (O.o) pathetic... I just can't believe some people are complaining like that to get something free. Man... get a job, sell something or just make yourself a whore to make some money. You could also hack some US bank or the FBI to steel a 20bucks, but I wouln't recommend it.

Oh, btw wouln't it be nice if all would be free? No more money problems! We could take everything that we want from everybody...

Oh, I almost forgot: I'm sure this guy goes every saturday to a supermarket (for instance, clubprice), to eat the free demos, you know... as Homer Simpson does. I don'T think eating lfs demo will help, tho...
A demo is a taster so you've had this taster and must like it then you buy the game. You don't go into the bakers when they have tasters out and ask for a whole one for free do you :s This is the Devs need to make money and at £12 a copy of LFS it's not a lot for the amount of time they have put in and probaly will continue to put into LFS. Keiran
I think everyone has pretty much repeated the same things over and over again.... what's the point of this thread other than --- it deserves to be put out of its misery?
Quote from Tweaker :I think everyone has pretty much repeated the same things over and over again.... what's the point of this thread other than --- it deserves to be put out of its misery?

i know that, but i think its because and his attitude that every1 gets pissed and write a anwser telling him how wrong he is, and how childish he is...
Quote from _rod_ :i know that, but i think its because and his attitude that every1 gets pissed and write a anwser telling him how wrong he is, and how childish he is...

I'd simply say that this thread is a great occasion to post something useless in a useless thread... it's fun, isn't it?
I may say what everyone else in this thread just said, but:

JUST BUY THE DAMN THING! It's way better than all other sims out there and it's also way less expensive! You can a) pay half a fortune for the next annual installement of exactly the same EA-crap or the next shooter trying to be the next Counter-Strike or you can buy the most enjoyable racing-simulation out there for about 35 bucks... It's your choice...

But DEMANDING the work of a couple of years for free will get you nothing but sarcasm...
Well... actually, LFS isn't cheaper than other games. Other games that are coming out are generally full versions. Theses days, a game costs about 50$ USD when it comes out. Considering that S3 will be the full version of LFS and that each part is 12£, it equals 36£. 36£ is more than 50$ USD... so lfs is more expensive.

It's understandable considering that the devs are living on that game and that they don't have as much customers than another game such as GT4 because it targets a smaller market.
Your working is wrong there. We are basically buying 3 games. Take for example The Sims you buy the basic game with the knowledge that they are going to add far more content at £20 a shout. This game is far cheaper

Keiran
Quote from boosterfire :Well... actually, LFS isn't cheaper than other games. Other games that are coming out are generally full versions. Theses days, a game costs about 50$ USD when it comes out. Considering that S3 will be the full version of LFS and that each part is 12£, it equals 36£. 36£ is more than 50$ USD... so lfs is more expensive.

It's understandable considering that the devs are living on that game and that they don't have as much customers than another game such as GT4 because it targets a smaller market.

Let me tell you that: GTL costs 55 € now, even when I would have bought S3 right away, it would have been 5 € cheaper AND I have the knowlegde, that I'll get steady, actually improving patches or updates with new content... Who says, that this would also be the case with GTL?
Quote from boosterfire : it's fun, isn't it?

guess that works too
Quote from Janezki :Darn, that's a pretty silly idea from GTR Racer - but let's still not go into personal insults, please.

I'm not normally one to disagree with moderators, but I don't understand why we can't get a bit personal. He said those things in a manner that implies ignorance and stupidity. Therefore he is bascially kicking the box saying "Please hate me, I'm an uneducated cheating fool". If he researched his statements, wrote them in a well worded argument, and posed it to us in an interesting form of discussion I wouldn't DREAM of getting personal. But he didn't, so we are.
#63 - th84
"britianese man? Coming from the country that has people like you in it? LOL!

I know some very cool Americans, but you are not one of them. I bet your whole family going back to the dawn of US history (about 20 years then ) has never had a worthwhile job, and you probably scrape maggots of your food before you eat them."

and comments such as these are quite stupid and ignorant as well!!!@
Quote from bbman :Let me tell you that: GTL costs 55 € now, even when I would have bought S3 right away, it would have been 5 € cheaper AND I have the knowlegde, that I'll get steady, actually improving patches or updates with new content... Who says, that this would also be the case with GTL?

Okay, then I ask this: is it really a good deal to save 5€ on LFS if it takes something like 8 years to be completed? I mean... it's a better deal to pay 5€ more and to have a game in about 1 year than to save 5€ on a game that you just can't know when it will go out.

I bought S2 and I will probably buy S3, but the developpement of that game is pathetic.

EDIT: btw guys, I don't think a country war is a good idea :P
He started it
And you missed off the in the history bit too, implying that I have absolutely nothing against Americans whatsoever. Just people like him. Besides, he called me britanese, which isn't even a word!
#66 - th84
wow, u really do think we are idiots huh? lol
Its a shame people take every oppurtunity they can to flame America!

but considering the source, its no suprise!! :P

pretty handy how u can edit these quick reply without the "edited" on the bottom!

well it worked the first time anyway!:P
Quote from tristancliffe :Besides, he called me britanese, which isn't even a word!

I wonder if he got his education for *FREE* too?
Quote from boosterfire :Okay, then I ask this: is it really a good deal to save 5€ on LFS if it takes something like 8 years to be completed? I mean... it's a better deal to pay 5€ more and to have a game in about 1 year than to save 5€ on a game that you just can't know when it will go out.

I bought S2 and I will probably buy S3, but the developpement of that game is pathetic.

EDIT: btw guys, I don't think a country war is a good idea :P

Eight years constant improvement (from a level, that is even to GTL, GTR whatsoever) against maybe two years till a new version comes out and you have to pay another 50 bucks... Well, yeah, I consider this better...
Please don't buy S2, I don't want to race against dickheads like you.
Quote from Tweaker :I wonder if he got his education for *FREE* too?

I believe you can get free educations in cereal boxes. So the real question is: did he pay the cereal box?
i think S1 should be made free and i expect lots of fools to start saying blah blah blah because they dont see the big picture. i wonder how many people NOWDAYS buy S1 on its own instead of buying both at once not many i bet. (maybe a few because they dont want to commit to paying £24 and when they get S1 would be dissapointed at the lack of online action)

if non licenced users had the chance to sample more cars and more tracks they would see what LFS can offer them, and think more about the improvemnts of S2. i know when i first started i didnt have any idea about what was in S1 had in it until i was told by Aussie, i was happy being a demo player because i didnt realise how good S1 was.

disclaimer () -
btw i havnt said "give it free or die", i have put my opinion forward so pls dont make some stupid posts about how crazy i am without giving a reason WHY, and saying that the devs need to make money isnt really a good reason, because they would more likely get MORE people buying S2 at 24 quid than the very few who buy S1 at 12, and find theres no servers on in S1 EVER so think **** that, and dont bother to spend the extra 12 to get S2.

if u look at the big picture i think it would make more, and i was a god at business at A level so im not making silly suggestions

and im not defending the guy who started this thread because hes obviously a tosser
haha wow. Some people really make me laugh.

Or ya know...you can go up to mommy and daddy (I'm sure that's what you call them at your age) And ask/beg them for money. GOD FORBID you actually get off your worthless ass and do something to earn it too.
Quote from ajp71 :Please don't buy S2, I don't want to race against dickheads like you.

hehe, i wish you'd said that much more earlier on when... a few troublemakers have already gotten in:hide:

i think 3 cars, 1 track and online support is enough for a demo. many other games offer much less. look how satisfied they are staying demo racers for so long...
Must've gotten grounded if his parents saw the flames he caused in his thread
This thread is closed

a good *FREE* version
(83 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG