The online racing simulator
TEST Patch V5 (compatible with V)
(204 posts, closed, started )
yea, i can relate to felplacerad, get the throttle stuck if i brake and change down at the same time too. i dont use a G25 i use a DFP with a cheap TM FGT throttle pedal as a clutch.
Quote from felplacerad :I have also been experiencing the "stuck pedal" lately. In my case the throttle gets stuck. At first I thought my G25 was starting to fail, but I am >>sometimes<< able to reproduce it by downshifting, braking and blipping the throttle.

Im using manual clutch.

Experienced that too. I always thought my G25 has somekind of problem.
I had this before V4.
Edit: I have this since i got my G25, even with Patch V.
Quote from Highsider9 :I had this before V4.

I am not sure but I do believe the problems started to occour in V2. Sorry for not reporting this earlier but I guess the uncertainty about whether it's an LFS or hardware issue has kept us all off.
**Patch V5 coming is suppose **
Well I think it would be nice to flag Test-Patches for the auto-update so when installed X1 all following Xy are done by auto-update or implement an auto-Update test-patches checkbox ingame
#31 - robt
Bug stil there, change the race length to say 2 laps when your on lap 3 u can never finish, needs to be a check on race length, is this do-able?
Quote from robt :Bug stil there, change the race length to say 2 laps when your on lap 3 u can never finish, needs to be a check on race length, is this do-able?

I don't really want to do that, because it would mean the command /laps=X will fail sometimes, and that can be inconvenient for a race management system. It might want to set the laps and restart immediately, not caring who is on their final lap.

It's only admins that could ruin someone's race by doing that, because /laps is not available to the public when they are in game. If it crashed LFS or something like that then of course I would need to fix it.

The solution : make sure your admins don't use the powerful /laps command at the wrong time.
i have a problem with the pedals to in lfs and i'm useing v2. didnt post this earlyer because i was uncertain if the pedals wore malfunctioning or its because lfs but now i'm sure. if i hold the gas pedal at half size for example or the break when i'm moveing the indicator just jumps up and down if like my pot is going crazy but the speed is steady and in windows logitech driver when i do the same thing it doesent jump at all. when i am stoped on the other hand this doesent happen anymore. momo wheel, custom build pedals.
V5 update
A few more fixes and improvements :

User LOD defaults to 0.6 (still higher than old versions)
Some improvements to the ? info system in List of Games
Unlocks now increased every Friday instead of monthly
Wind and skid volumes are 33% louder for all settings
InSim FIX : IS_PSF packet is now sent correctly

Download link in first post.
Quote from Scawen :Unlocks now increased every Friday instead of monthly

I guess the "Help I'm stupid and locked myself out of LFS :( I need some more unlocks please!" requests were getting out of hand, weren't they?
Scawen, I love the improved sounds, but the sound that you hear when starting the engine is now barely audible, at least for me.
I also like that the split times have been moved up in chase view, thanks for that.
Quote from Scawen :A few more fixes and improvements :

Wind and skid volumes are 33% louder for all settings
Download link in first post.

Thank you very much for setting the skid sound higher because with the new default sound (which is alot more louder then the original default sound) because i could not hear the skid sound at all in chase/behind view.

It made catching slide alot more easy now with this new feature and just relieing on my sense of motion to catching slides was not that easy at all.
hahahaha the best part of this is the number of unlocks increasing... otherwise we'd never get to test your patches until the next month.

i just updated from V to V4, i must say, i'm very impressed. thanks devs!
Quote from Scawen :Wind and skid volumes are 33% louder for all settings

I think the wind volume shouldn't be increased in the external (TV) view. It sounds a bit odd, that you hear more wind than road/engine noise from outside. Same goes for the skid volume in the internal (cockpit) view, imo it's too loud now.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i like everything except

cuz ive set all my sounds, i dont wanna search every sound again
so ill stick with V3 for now.
but nice work, like the admin slots option (which i have suggested ages ago )

You could save your sounds in your personal soundpack b4 upgrading
please add another mirror. The devs may have changed this one again but it still fails to unpack itself. And i REALLy want v5...sounds like a huge improment to V2!

If not....zip or. rar will do me fine =]

cheers in advance
Just found a strange name bug which I haven't seen mentioned before. The screenshot should tell the story... FiredUp and 15 - R.Blauwhoff are the same person yet he's mentioned with those two different names. (FiredUp in chat and connection list, 15 - R.Blauwhoff over the car and in the standings list)

Replay attached too.

(using v5)
Attached images
namebug.jpg
Attached files
namebug.mpr - 629.8 KB - 210 views
thanks!!! Very speedy reply, thanks for yoru time! =]
Quote from GP4Flo :I think the wind volume shouldn't be increased in the external (TV) view. It sounds a bit odd, that you hear more wind than road/engine noise from outside. Same goes for the skid volume in the internal (cockpit) view, imo it's too loud now.

I'll take a look at the external view wind and skid volumes. Maybe they should not be affected by the volume boost sliders.

But when you say in the internal view, the skids are too loud, have you turned down the "Skid volume boost" to zero so they are not boosted? Because by default the boost level is 0.5, and that means they are supposed to be 50% too loud by default - this is what most people want because real life level skid sounds are just too quiet for a racing sim.
Sound editor+shifter bug?
When in shift+A mode and a shifter in use every click on the buttons puts the gear on 1st long as the button is pressed. I don't know if this is new issue, but can't see it mentioned anywhere.
No, I've used the default boost values for testing. Didn't know that they are supposed to be too loud by default.
Quote from GAS-Hugo :
I´ve got just a tiny problem with textur-flickering (only in vr-mode) on some buildings - i don´t know on which version the flickering started, but i´m sure, some releases before.

i have this texture flickering problem either, but for me its not a minor problem, more a very big one.

the track textures are flickering like a hell, when i stop the car, the flickering stops within 5sec

i had v2 patch installed before and not these problems !

and what is vr-mode?

and what is dither? better enable, or disable?
Quote from Scawen :Thanks. The explanation is the animation of the female driver model used by soundforce sits back in her seat with her head quite far back.

The FOV is the same, it's just a difference in the head position due to the animation.

Ah ok, thanks for the explanation, so its not a bug at all. I never used that model so i didn't know that

Edit: As for the newest patch V5, i dont see any reason to for this: "Wind and skid volumes are 33% louder for all settings", because people have got a slider to adjust that. Since i basicly run the oval this sound is really far to loud for me, even if all my sliders except for the "car sound volume" are set to zero So i wish you could find a different way for this and for the rest of the patch, i do like the other improvements as usual

Cheers
Quote from traxxion :Just found a strange name bug which I haven't seen mentioned before. The screenshot should tell the story... FiredUp and 15 - R.Blauwhoff are the same person yet he's mentioned with those two different names. (FiredUp in chat and connection list, 15 - R.Blauwhoff over the car and in the standings list)

Replay attached too.

(using v5)

Yes, i was there also
This thread is closed

TEST Patch V5 (compatible with V)
(204 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG