The online racing simulator
How to kick/ban guys who contain a space in his name
Hi,first,pls forgive my pool english. I hope u guys can understand what I said..if not,pls feel free to let me know...

I am the administrator of a S2 demo server.Sometimes,I got to kick some bad guys from my server.

But one day I found I can't kick someone who put some spaces behind his/her names.Fox exsample,the name "AAA BB ".When I type the command "/kick AAA BB ",the LFS respose nothing to me,and the bad guy was still there.

So my question is:how to kick those bad guys??

Thanks!
i think you can click on their names in the connection list.
Quote from sil3ntwar :i think you can click on their names in the connection list.

Click their name only triggle a kick/ban vote...and what I want is kick/ban them immediately ...
#4 - tinyk
press shift control so you see their real nick.... then right click on it so it comes up in the text box... use arrow keys to backspace to the front of their nick... type /kick then a space... hit enter and say bye. For bans you do the same but you also need to add a space and number after their nick for how many days the ban is for. 1 is normally good for a temporary timeout. Doing it this way also saves having to try to figure out the funny characters some nicks have.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

edit: okay the above works for S2. I missed the demo server part sorry. In demo it works sort of the same. Right click on their nick... it'll come up in a text box... again use arrow keys to backspace to the front of it type /kick or /ban then a space. Hit enter and they should vanish quick. You have to use the arrow keys to space back before the nick. Using backspace only will erase text. lol Blonde moment. Ty Moonclaw for pointing out my mistake.
Thank a lot!!!! I will try it later!!!
Quote from tinyk :okay the above works for S2. I missed the demo server part sorry. In demo it works sort of the same. Right click on their nick... it'll come up in a text box... again use arrow keys to backspace to the front of it (or just press the "Home" key) type /kick or /ban then a space. Hit enter and they should vanish quick. You have to use the arrow keys to space back before the nick. Using backspace only will erase text. lol Blonde moment. Ty Moonclaw for pointing out my mistake.

lol...it is really worked!! I am so happy!! ..
#8 - Lible
Erm, actually if you click at the kick button, they wil be kicked immeadilitly. And tinyk - DEMO racers don`t have licensed names
Tiny has a record of pro LFS admining, she knows her shit!

(btw, fork it up tiny!)
hey sheepy
Quote from Lible :Erm, actually if you click at the kick button, they wil be kicked immeadilitly. And tinyk - DEMO racers don`t have licensed names

um yes I know but forget not everyone else does. It's habit for me and I forget to add the little stuff others need to know and kick button only works if the majority click it. If you get a problem child and his friends on there, they can hold up the vote so it won't work.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from B2B@300 :

Not everyone knows what home key is. I tried to keep it so it could be understood and no language barrier issues.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Anyone here know what the 'spaces' represents ? Are they 'special'
caracters that don't show on all PCs (codepage thing i guess)
or are they really spaces, because i'd think that writing the spaces
should do, but as noted above, it doesn't. Unless it's LFS
that can't read a username with spaces ?! It sure can display them though.
they coud be using alt+255 which does a space but is not the same as pressing space bar
Quote from sil3ntwar :they coud be using alt+255 which does a space but is not the same as pressing space bar

Exactly, that's what i mean. There are quite a few ASCII caracters that can
give a 'space'. I'm not too familiar with the newer standards/protocols but can
Unicode caracters also do this ? I'm not even sure that's the one i mean...is it
the one that can include up to 65535 caracters and includes things like
chinese symbols and russian letters, etc...?

Sometimes, often, this is used by people who purposely want to prevent their
name from being used in a kick/ban vote. As long as you can't reproduce their
name you can't kick/ban them. Is this the problem ?

Or is it more because LFS might not recognize the caracter so it writes a 'space'
which isn't the actual space caracter we ALL have ?
The magic words "Admin", "Banning" and "help" are sure to get Tiny's tiny feet pattering in your direction!
Quote from tinyk :Not everyone knows what home key is. I tried to keep it so it could be understood and no language barrier issues.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Sorry Tiny I thought you were just another dumb blonde but you proved me wrong
She's really a guy you know... unless she can prove it

Quote from Tweaker :She's really a guy you know... unless she can prove it

Dumb blonde can also apply to males

Your right you know all the females use male names to stop from getting harassed on the internet and alot of guys like to masquerade as females for.. well stuffed if I know why guys wanna be females, but you get my point

/Puts on flame suite

lol nice try again but even if you get them asking it still won't work.

~*~*~*~tinyk~~*~*~*~
We're not all going to fall for Tweaks attempt to get you to post pictures. Well, I'm not. If people are going to ask, it's other people.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG