The online racing simulator
Solved - Creating own skin
(14 posts, closed, started )
Hi

I read the tutorial, where creating my own skin seems to be very easy. Well, I tried to prepare it step by step, but no new skin appeared in the game menu. What did I wrong? Just had painted over a XXX_default.jpg, renamed it and saved into /skins folder... It doens't work
what did you rename it to?
Quote from al heeley :Have you followed all these steps:> ?
http://www.lfs-gear.com/TUTORIALS/TuT_UseSkin.html

Yeah, step by step. I have no idea whet went wrong. In the skins folder i Have a for example UF1_DEFAULT.jpg skin, and UF1_GDYNIA.jpg skin, but in the game menu I can see only skins provided with game. Are the capitlics important in files naming?
#6 - Joris
Are you sure you've put it in the right "skins" folder? The LFS viewer has its own "skins" folder.
Quote from Joris :Are you sure you've put it in the right "skins" folder? The LFS viewer has its own "skins" folder.

C:/LFS/Data/Skins

This is the path to all other skins, so I think it is correct folder?
Could the application to paint be a problem? I use Paint.Net
#8 - Joris
That should do it
#9 - Joris
Where do you try to choose the skin? At the bottom of the "colours" section of the garage screen? Or the left side?
Quote from Joris :Where do you try to choose the skin? At the bottom of the "colours" section of the garage screen? Or the left side?

Top left menu to create a new profile, then colors button and ten texture name. Here I see names of various skins, but not a skin created by myself.
May sound like a dumb question, but what car do you use when trying to change to your skin?

Don't mix up UFR and UF1 for example.
good point, and no, capitals are not important, it won't stop you seeing the skin textures (as long as you have the uf1 car selected and are looking for uf1 skins)
Quote from al heeley :good point, and no, capitals are not important, it won't stop you seeing the skin textures (as long as you have the uf1 car selected and are looking for uf1 skins)

I've solved my problem. The reason was i have two separate folders with LFS: LFS and LFS.zip, don't ask me why. When I put in the second one my skin, it finally works. Sorry for my stupidity, thank for trying to help.
This thread is closed

(14 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG