The online racing simulator
#Dolphin Massacre In Japan
(24 posts, started )
I got sick half-way thru, so I've got to ask: What's the ****ing point of all this? Just food?
#3 - Bean0
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :I got sick half-way thru, so I've got to ask: What's the ****ing point of all this? Just food?

Yep, killed for food...Not as if it's just for fun, I can't think of any easier way to catch/kill dolphins.

There was an interesting program on in the UK recently called 'Kill it, Cook it, Eat it'. It showed the full process from living Cow/Lamb/Pig to the plate. Not for the squeamish, but it's good to know where your food comes from
How come the do-gooder bunny shaggers don't jump up and down about the consumption of other animal based food products then. Oh wait ... they don't seem as cute and cuddly, do they ...

Or do they want us to consume dangerous vegan diets and bloody tofu
Holy crap I'd like to see a one of those Japanesse fisherman shaking like that
The "do-gooder bunny shaggers don't jump up and down" because in most industrialized countries, people try to kill animals as humane as possible. So, the problem is not so much that those dolphins are killed, but how they're killed (or not killed, for that matter, but just hauled off on the back of a truck with large wounds which will eventually kill them) -- which is in fact very barbaric.
Quote from LFSn00b :This video may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community.
Sorry, you must be 18 or over to view this video.

You're a sick man.

Ye right..... you seem to be very young acording to your avatar (sarcasm) also seem to be very...ye im not saying it, nuff bans this week,that cuz the picture is self explainable haaaah
That was pretty sick, especially seeing the dolphins squirm around in pain. They can't find a more humane process for this?
Man, everytime i see a video like this i just get so pissed of with humanity!

It hurts me too much watching this!!!!!!

Humans are the poison, cancer, of this planet!

Same thing happens with whales and sharks too

How can someone be so heartless I just dont understand!
this should be illigal!
and the water, its just horrible!
Reminds me of the "Earthlings" video. I cant believe how people can be so cruel. They should do the same to the people that torture those poor animals.
God that's sickening. I'm no idealistic bunny-shagger, and of course I know nearly all cultures on this planet eat animals (hell, some are bloody delicious) but, generally, modern industrialised countries try to kill food animals as quickly and painlessly as possible. Why? Because people know that animals feel pain just like we do and most people (most sane people, anyway) don't want other creatures to suffer, even if we are just going to eat them anyway.

That's not simply a video of people harvesting animals, it's a clumsy, ham-fisted massacre. It's hard to have any respect for anyone from a leading first-world nation who permits it or participates in it. I can't even imagine why you'd need to eat dolphins anyway. Did they run out of frickin' whales? Not enough fish in the sea? Enviro-warriors can pull some dodgy shit sometimes, but this kind of thing makes me go "yeah! take that!" when I see them ramming whale "research" boats...

Imagine the outcry in Oz if we rounded up sheep or cows like that and just massacred them and carted them off bleeding to death and in agony. The farmers would get packed off to Cuba!
#13 - CSU1
Ok some get more squeemish than others when it comes to the sight of blood/ which I am far from being brought up working with my father in a cattle slaughter house bu,t the sickning part of Japan's whole ignorance twords these mammals we percieve dolphins as beautiful sea creature's that are capable of concious thought,

jesus christ, what must they have been thinking looking at those men standing over them.

Damn Japan, and its fishing treaties and if there is one person who can give them a right ol' kick in the arse it's Bush.
These Japanese naabs should be cut like that ffs.

How can they kill them like this and look at how they suffer, I remember seeing some similar video about how women get their coats , that was even a sicker video, they were torturing those little animals. People are sick.
#15 - JTbo
People don't like to see food alive, well I wouldn't eat dolphins anyway, dolphins are bit different than most of animals and I think there are not many of them.

I have been in one job where my task was to collect animals from farms and deliver them to slaughter house, hmm I guess that is what place is called. It is not nicest thing to see alive animal being killed like nothing, then butcher cuts it (often it is dead indeed at this stage) and prepares for next stage, takes different parts separate and those are processed, then at shop you see meat, steaks and so on, when you have seen whole chain and specially when you first have seen farmer kids play with some animal then you get it to your plate, it is quite sick feeling.
I understand vegetarians very well.

However, even I do feel like murderer it won't change anything, I will eat meat and I will eat fish.

Thank god I'm not doing that job anymore, it was not for me.

However I do believe that everyone should see how whole process goes, so they would know what they really eat and I mean really see it in 1st person, not from some crappy video, sense fear of poor creature and see terror from their eyes, you still feel like eating it? I'm sure pretty many would stop eating meat after that, but at least then they would know what it is that they eat.

Some say that animals don't have feelings, but I can tell you that they have good days and bad days too, don't know if they have feelings, but at least there is fear and joy that they clearly seem to show...

Anyway it is just food for some Japanese I guess. Somewhere they eat monkey brains, you have seen monkeys in tv, quite human like creatures, aren't they? How can you be sure it is not human brain they bring you to eat? Well, I guess it was served from opened monkey head, so should clear that doubt.

Get over it, world is not nice place at all and that was nothing exceptional, sure they could use electricity or something to make it more 'clean' way, but that would not change end result anyway.
I never really thought of dolphins as being food.... and now that I see Japan do this annually and in large quantities, it makes me feel really sad for those great animals The cutting of the throat... that really got me miffed there

Can't say much else, but my god, eat something else please.
Oh my god that video was wrong. Makes me sick looking at it. I'm Asian, but at least I don't eat dolphins.
Quote from Btoryo :Oh my god that video was wrong. Makes me sick looking at it. I'm Asian, but at least I don't eat dolphins.

In time, I hope you realize that's a stupid comment.

Back on topic- TBH, I think the movie was unsettling. It's sad and I don't like the idea of it.

That said, this is one of those videos that highlights the worst elements of an industry- every industry has them. Besides, compare the number of dolphins killed to cattle, fish, etc. killed for food- newsflash: not a whole lot of people eat dolphins , I wonder why

It's not pretty but that's life.

I'd like to see the average reaction to this video compared to the average reaction to a PETA video about cows or a less "cute" animal or one that is more widely accepted as edible. I'm positive that the difference would reveal quite a bias towards "cute" animals.
For all the ones bitching about how 'inhumane' this is - they lead their natural life and then die a fairly natural death. Rigorously controlling the entire lives of billions of animals, and putting them all to death as painlessly as possible in some lame attempt to assuage our concocted guilt over the issue - seems altogether less natural and 'humane', to me. There is more to a life than merely avoiding pain.

http://www.yousendit.com/trans ... amp;ufid=703E94AE5BC39625
This video makes me laugh, first because everyone calls it barbaric, but a barbarian is someone who cannot speak Greek.

Secondly, where are all the hippies about tuna?
"ZOMG, how can j00 kill teh dolphins!!11oneone."
"What about the tuna?"
"Tuna? **** tuna"

Thirdly, all animals for food are killed like that. Slit their throat open and let them bleed to death, prevents the meat getting damaged, some places might stun the animal with a bolt gun first, but it is extra work so most don't bother.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :This video makes me laugh, first because everyone calls it barbaric, but a barbarian is someone who cannot speak Greek.

This word is originated from the ancient greece almost 3000-4000 years ago and yes at the begining it was used to refer to people who didn't speak greek, (which was an international language at these times, like english is today) but over the years it's use involved, to characterize someone who is uncivilized and cruel, with no feelings and almost un-human.

So the use of this word in this clip isn't inrelevant with the content of the clip.

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Secondly, where are all the hippies about tuna?
"ZOMG, how can j00 kill teh dolphins!!11oneone."
"What about the tuna?"
"Tuna? **** tuna"

Thirdly, all animals for food are killed like that. Slit their throat open and let them bleed to death, prevents the meat getting damaged, some places might stun the animal with a bolt gun first, but it is extra work so most don't bother..

We know that we kill other animals to feed ourselves .
But videos like these have the purpose to wake up common people to force companies and goverments to use less cruel methods to achieve the same results.

That's the whole point.
What less cruel techniques are there? In Europe cattle are killed with a bolt through the brain ... quick and painless. Apart from the fact that quite often the animal doesn't die from the bolt and is still conscious when its put up and disembowled.

I used to work as a butcher and was involved in most stages of meat preparation - the most humane method is Halal, where the animal bleeds to death, basically it feels the cut but then falls asleep. I don't think you can easily do that with a Dolphin though ...

The video shows unacceptable treatment of animals, but there's no perfect way to kill. Where's the videos of hunters winging animals and condemning them to a slow death? That happens in almost all countries.

As for saying 'Dolphins are different', why? If its ok to eat cats, dogs, horses etc, why not Dolphins?
Quote from JamesK :
As for saying 'Dolphins are different', why? If its ok to eat cats, dogs, horses etc, why not Dolphins?

Cute factor.
Quote from luftrofl :Cute factor.

Whats not cute about cats, dogs and horses? Lambs and piglets are pretty cute, and ickle baby calves

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG