The online racing simulator
How Long [can I ban someone for]?
(12 posts, started )
Ok I run a demo server and theres constantly wreckers.....whats the longest i can ban someone? Is there a list of banning times?
Read the help files in the documents folder (\docs)

/ban USERNAMEHERE 0 (0 = 12 hours)
/ban USERNAMEHERE # (1 = 1 day (9999 = forever))

Unbanning:
/unban USERNAMEHERE

/spectate X :make user X join the spectators
/kick X :disconnect user X
/ban X Y :ban user X for Y days (0 = 12 hours)
/unban X :remove ban on user X
/pitlane X :send user X to the pit lane

mods - (this thread needs a better title)
Umm but I think on demo you can only ban someone for only 24 hours.
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :Umm but I think on demo you can only ban someone for only 24 hours.

No, its the same as in S2. The only (and big) difference is that only the IP is banned in the demo so the banned driver can just change it and join the server again.
Thanks
Quote from zeugnimod :No, its the same as in S2. The only (and big) difference is that only the IP is banned in the demo so the banned driver can just change it and join the server again.

Ohh, didnt know that. You know I'm a noob! :P
Quote from zeugnimod :No, its the same as in S2. The only (and big) difference is that only the IP is banned in the demo so the banned driver can just change it and join the server again.

i like doing that on demo servers!
#8 - SamH
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :i like doing that on demo servers!

I hope you don't mean you go wrecking on demo. People who do that and get recognised often find themselves banned on S2 too. Wrecking BECAUSE you CAN is no excuse at all. It's anti-LFS, IMO. It puts DECENT people off the sim, and there are no prizes for someone who does that.
something like a ID system (like 3457DFGF34534 lol) for every copy connected over the master server would be handy. If im not wrong, the demo users also have to get the list from the master server, in that case a ID could be created and saved inside the lfs.exe or any other file (not readable) so everybody is at least forced to do alot more in order to "play" again on a particular server.

Just an Idea :hidesbehi
#10 - SamH
Quote from 510N3D :something like a ID system (like 3457DFGF34534 lol) for every copy connected over the master server would be handy. If im not wrong, the demo users also have to get the list from the master server, in that case a ID could be created and saved inside the lfs.exe or any other file (not readable) so everybody is at least forced to do alot more in order to "play" again on a particular server.

Just an Idea :hidesbehi

I like this idea too. I presume there's a mechanical reason why Scawen hasn't implemented this, though, possibly spawned from being committed to not burdening the master server with having to process a great deal of interactions with demo users.

I haven't played Demo for a long time, but I presume it's no more filled with wreckers than it ever was before. It's been almost effortless to eliminate wrecking on S2, certainly compared with the experience that rFactor is having. IMO the wreckers in Demo will never upgrade to S2, because there's no place for them here and it'd be a waste of £24. The real question is: how many people upgrade to S2 to escape the wreckers, and; how many people never upgrade because, to them, LFS is synonymous with wrecking. That's a question we'll probably never know, unless we go do our own survey. Hmm.
Personally, what I'd like to see, and an auto race steward. Something that has certain rules built in that it uses to make decisions. ie in passing, if you are not up to the rear of the front door of the car your passing, and you tap them, then its a penalty. Same for joining without looking.. all the usual stuff. I'm sure something could be written for it. It wouldn't be easy, for sure. But it would solve the whole problem. Auto kick the aliens, and let the rest of us who adhere to those basic niceties, have some fun.

V
Quote from Venus :Personally, what I'd like to see, and an auto race steward...

Sorry, but something like this not done by a human will never work. It could be exploited easily and clean drivers get harmed.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG