The online racing simulator
CMX Plugin
(16 posts, started )
CMX Plugin
I am so effing pissed off right now. I spent an hour and a half downloading 3ds max 9, and now i cant do anything with it! Whoever made the other cmx converters needs to make another one! Someone please help me! The "english" tutorial is in some language I dont understand! The stupid 3ds files i got from the website somebody posted is just a car.... WOW!!! A lot of good taht does me! Im begging you! Help ME!!!!
omg i'm so sick of hearing this request so i'm just going to do this.. and i better not see another one of these threads ever again

need materials? to bad, learn the program.. you payed for it anyways

need tutorials? theres a great thing called google, it has all your answers
Attached files
cars.rar - 1.8 MB - 1282 views
Quote from XCNuse :you payed for it anyways

the hell i did

i got it off torrent like my photoshop

people that pay for an 600 dollar thing like photoshop are just stupid.

EDIT: and those files dont work...
..yes they do.. use the importer to import them
they're .3ds files..
#5 - SamH
I'd rather not see support given to people who steal software. Of all the forums, this is the last place it should happen.

What you do in other aspects of your internet use is nothing to do with any of us, but openly discussing it here is simply not acceptable.

If you use software, buy it. If you don't buy it, don't tell us about it.
I'm getting sick of people who are proud to download warez instead of buy it, and request help for stupid questions.. Free and legal alternatives exist, so why always steal 3dsmax? to look cool in front of friends? "yay I have just got 3dsmax, I'm now able to create killer 3d scenes", no no..

If you're not courageous enough to spend 600$ for a software you seem to appreciate, and not motivated to find answers and learn by yourself, you're a coward, a passive and useless consumer, an animal which is unable to feed itself. Stop trying to do things you can't achieve.

But you can change, be a nice person
#7 - joen
Quote from Falcon140 :I am so effing pissed off right now. I spent an our and a half downloading 3ds max 9, and now i cant do anything with it! Whoever made the other cmx converters needs to make another one! Someone please help me! The "english" tutorial is in some language I dont understand!

Who are you pissed at, you act like someone is to blame for your own incompetence. The tutorial is in English, but you don't seem to understand any tutorial, because all I see you do is complain about how you're so good with computers and the tutorials suck. It's getting annoying.

Quote :
The stupid 3ds files i got from the website somebody posted is just a car.... WOW!!! A lot of good taht does me! Im begging you! Help ME!!!!

Well, what did you expect to find in there besides a car! A plane, a boat, what!

Seems to me you want to do something that takes zero input from yourself. You want a program that makes a killer render just by pressing a "make me an awesome render" button.
#8 - Jakg
from the looks of things you don't have the knowledge of using a PC required to do a render, i am rubbish at rendering at skinning and i found the tutorial VERY helpful

People spend $600 on software because its WORTH it and a SHED LOAD of work goes into making it
I found Davo's tut helpful..

There is no beginners anything, so at least davos tut lets you see whats happening.
#10 - Jakg
to do rendering you need a little PC skill, and even with my lack of skills with photo-editing etc, i found the tut on LFS Manual quite helpful
Quote from Falcon140 :the hell i did

i got it off torrent like my photoshop

people that pay for an 600 dollar thing like photoshop are just stupid.

EDIT: and those files dont work...

That mad my day.......
i found this thread, and its old.

but i felt like saying 3ds max isnt a '600$ like photoshop', its more like
3500$ (but the first time you buy it its almost 5000 for the yearly
subsciption etc).

-BB-
Quote from Falcon140 :I am so effing pissed off right now. I spent an hour and a half downloading 3ds max 9, and now i cant do anything with it! Whoever made the other cmx converters needs to make another one! Someone please help me! The "english" tutorial is in some language I dont understand! The stupid 3ds files i got from the website somebody posted is just a car.... WOW!!! A lot of good taht does me! Im begging you! Help ME!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that anyone who can't understand the LFS CMX Tutorial is a moron. This thread proves my theory correct
The programs ARE worth it. And you're pissed off because you downloaded something for an hour and a half and nothing good happened? That talking pissed me off.. hell, my maximum download speed is 48 KB/s, which I get very rarely, usually aroud 20-40.

I think a 3D program is not for you, because you'll be pissed off, when you find out the manual is several hundreds of pages long.
:feedtroll
anyways,i downloaded the 3dsmax 9 30 day trial and i didnt know what to do with too,so i deleted it
He is right, CMX importer doesn't work with max 9 so you're stuck at the very beggining.

You can either download the premade scenes posted above, or follow the blender tutorial found on this forum and create an .obj file which you can import into max 9. But then you need to figure out the textures on your own.

Would be nice if someone with an older version of max would do the first couple of steps of the tutorial and post the .max file.

CMX Plugin
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG