The online racing simulator
What's up with the pitting?
(10 posts, started )
I noticed that whenever you pit, you start all over agian from lap 1. Just wondering why, if say you're on lap 9 and you pit, you don't start from the beginning of lap 9 instead of all the way back in lap 1?

Is there any way around this or is that the way the game is. I just don't understand the reasoning behind it.
Quote from Goldfingiz :I noticed that whenever you pit, you start all over agian from lap 1. Just wondering why, if say you're on lap 9 and you pit, you don't start from the beginning of lap 9 instead of all the way back in lap 1?

Is there any way around this or is that the way the game is. I just don't understand the reasoning behind it.

The way around this is to manually drive into the pits.
If you had to pit with shift+s the race would be over for you anyway, so be glad you can rejoin it at lap 1
Quote from ColeusRattus :The way around this is to manually drive into the pits.
If you had to pit with shift+s the race would be over for you anyway, so be glad you can rejoin it at lap 1

So there is a way to start from the beginning of the current lap? You're right, the race would be over in real life, but when you pit normally in real life you don't start from lap 1 :P

I've entered the pits manually but nothing happens. What exactly should I do? :o
#5 - Krane
Quote from Goldfingiz :I've entered the pits manually but nothing happens. What exactly should I do? :o

Guess you had enough fuel, not much tire wear and no damage. Then it doesn't do anything nor does it in single player at all no matter your settings. You can change the settings in race pressing F12 and in pits from the Info tab.
Dont drive into the garage. Just park the car on the yellow square in front of the pits.
Quote from Goldfingiz :
I've entered the pits manually but nothing happens. What exactly should I do? :o

you have to come to a stop in one of the painted out pit stalls. depending on your pitstop settings you will get fuel, repairs, and new tires.

speedfreak227
If you've had to 'jump' to the pits, you have retired. When you leave the pits it's assumed you have started another race.
...and another one in the pile

1-This is a question most beginners ask themselves at one point.
2-The majority of people here know this already. Well, they SHOULD.

For those 2 reasons, i'm moving this thread to the Beginner's forum
Thanks guys. Now the game makes a lot more sense!

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG