The online racing simulator
This may be something completely different, but who knows: I recently got invited to the "BMW innovation day" (just some promo event where the new BMW's are introduced) by my local BMW dealer. And in the invitation it says that one can test his racing skills in a "Formula 1 driving simulator". I don't know what kind of simulator it is, but as this is a BMW event, it is possible that it will be either LFS or rFactor, I reckon. Anybody know more about this? I didn't bother to do any research as I won't be going anyway, but I thoght it might be interesting for other Germans.

P.S.: I think there is no prize to be won when you do any good in the simulator, but they are doing some sort of tombola where they're giving away a new 1-series.
Speaking of which, whatever happened with the Intel Racing Tour being held by Intel and BMW in Germany where there were a series of racing events using LFS and the grand prize winner took home a new BMW M6?
#29 - J.B.
Quote from BuddhaBing :Speaking of which, whatever happened with the Intel Racing Tour being held by Intel and BMW in Germany where there were a series of racing events using LFS and the grand prize winner took home a new BMW M6?

They've been touring through Germany and have attracted some very fast racers. Going by their website I think the final where they race for the M6 is on 19th April.

I wonder if there will be any live (or not live) coverage of the event? Perhaps on Giga?
Don't we all look a bit stupid trying to get a PR article changed? Who cares if they called it "Intel's game"... for crying out loud, at least they said "Live for Speed"

Normally past articles about Intel's use of LFS has gone unnoticed... and LFS is never made note of or has had any reference for the most part. They've quoted the game's title, and although a link to lfs.net would be even better, I think people will be interested in this press release enough as it is, and be curious about the name "Live for Speed" if they don't already know what it is.
#31 - JTbo
Quote from 96 GTS :This guy I guess, never heard of him either.

I'm faster than him in BLGP with XRG like quite many others

I believe it is up to devs to ask corrections, we can only inform devs from such and it is up to them to take actions if they see them appropriate. I would be very cautious towards contacting any of Intel/BMW or other parties involved as it is not our business at all, we just enjoy product devs have made and we don't have any idea what has been deal with Intel, maybe Intel have bought special version that they can call their game, like Microsoft has done, well MS has bought whole companies just for one game, but that is another story
Quote from JTbo :I'm faster than him in BLGP with XRG like quite many others

I wouldn't take too much notice of those stats I don't think BL1, XFG and XRG are high on his priority list
No matter what the combo, give him a few laps and he'd be up to speed with a fast time
#34 - JTbo
Quote from Glenn67 :I wouldn't take too much notice of those stats I don't think BL1, XFG and XRG are high on his priority list

I know, all fast people use boring 'cars' that has wings, caroplanes those are, it can't be a car if it has big wings
Nice stats atleast.

Races won:2406Second:680Third:294Finished:3795

Impressive
Quote from MyBoss :Nice stats atleast.

Races won:2406Second:680Third:294Finished:3795

Impressive

They don't mean a whole lot you could rack up thousands of wins if you ran solo on a private 1 lap server with a couple buddies being filler. Not saying they don't mean anything but there are many ways to mess with the data by running races like I just said.
Ok.
Since almost no one knows this guy, i'll say just this:

You can put him on the same level as MacEST, Norbi, Lefty ....
Quote from fujiwara :Ok.
Since almost no one knows this guy, i'll say just this:

You can put him on the same level as MacEST, Norbi, Lefty ....

Hotlap wise maybe, but there's a big difference in racing these guys and keeping up with them =)

Not saying that he's not fast, just never heard of him, not saying he's not a good racer either. Just don't see him in anything so can't really compair =)
He's not an hotlapper, i guess he only does hotlaps as a way to qualification, don't know much about the rulez in Oz.
What i can tell you is: he's fast, very fast, consistent and doesn't lose often.
Charles Wakefield is a very talented racer, bad thing about him is that he doesn't connect to euro or american servers.
Duck, Davo, Glenn plz help here
#40 - JTbo
Quote from Viper93 :Hotlap wise maybe, but there's a big difference in racing these guys and keeping up with them =)

Not saying that he's not fast, just never heard of him, not saying he's not a good racer either. Just don't see him in anything so can't really compair =)

All his times are from online stats, he has not uploaded any hotlaps, perhaps you should take another look
Guys, some of Chaz' stats are still from S1, where the wr was only a few hundreds faster than his pb
He isnt slow at all, trust me. In fact he is one of the fastest guys you can find in Australia, if not the fastest.
-
(Viper93) DELETED by Viper93
if you've never heard of Chaz, shame on you. it just shows you either haven't been around long enough, or you don't pay enough attention.

I think I only raced him once or twice back in S1, was funny when I overtook him in the fxo-s on so long and his teammates were like: wtf Chaz? he has an almost "god-like" status amongst aussies there, like he cannot lose, ever. it was a good race, but lag put an end to it unfortunately
I have sended Chaz a PM threw LFS World, I hope he sees it and joins this Thread, maybe he can tell how he got that opportunity and tells us some more things about it. But AFAIK there is no automatic message appearing in LFS World when a new PN was received, so maybe he misses it.
Quote from George Kuyumji :I have sended Chaz a PM threw LFS World, I hope he sees it and joins this Thread, maybe he can tell how he got that opportunity and tells us some more things about it. But AFAIK there is no automatic message appearing in LFS World when a new PN was received, so maybe he misses it.

there is, if you check the live alerts it warns you about a new message.
#45 - axus
I've been around for a while but I live in an uncivilized part of the world where internet is utter rubbish so I'm pretty much stuck with the local server.
Quote from George Kuyumji :I have sended Chaz a PM threw LFS World, I hope he sees it and joins this Thread, maybe he can tell how he got that opportunity and tells us some more things about it...

uhm, does it say anywhere that he'll race vs. that bmw dude?
Actually this isn't really a correct way of saying it:
"Less than two hours later, at 16.00 hrs, the young German tester will then be battling for supremacy in the Intel game “Live for Speed” against Australia’s computer game world champion on the simulator in Luna Park."

Australia's computer game world champion...

Maybe it is some rugby playa or some nutcake CS nub

EDIT: maybe he is some virtual chess mastah :hippo_smiley:
EDIT: maybe (s)he is one of these guys: http://www.worldcybergames.com ... atno=2&wis_code=N5C01
Quote from axus :I've been around for a while but I live in an uncivilized part of the world where internet is utter rubbish so I'm pretty much stuck with the local server.

checking out lfs-news helps to keep track how LFS does in other areas of the world. The AAL was one of the few leagues that kept producing news from time to time even when LFS-news was sort of "dead".

so anyone who hasn't heard/read about Chaz yet, didn't read LFS-news that much, but you can always check out the league archives to catch up.
Quote from Viper93 :They don't mean a whole lot you could rack up thousands of wins if you ran solo on a private 1 lap server with a couple buddies being filler. Not saying they don't mean anything but there are many ways to mess with the data by running races like I just said.

True, but the thing is that only a few people in LFS does that, and Chaz is definately not one of them. That statistic is nothing but impressive.
Though it could be that the competition i Australia isn't as good as in Europe
Quote from MyBoss :True, but the thing is that only a few people in LFS does that, and Chaz is definately not one of them. That statistic is nothing but impressive.
Though it could be that the competition i Australia isn't as good as in Europe

Possibly, but not by much I bet, alot of fast drivers everywhere =)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG