I am not a thief
(20 posts, started )
I am not a thief
Sometimes when I connect to a server and chosse a car and the I try to leave garage, the message is displayed in left upper corner: "agentmarek tried to steal LX6"?

What does it mean?
LOL. Were you, by any chance, joining a Cops & Robbers server (or CityDriving or however they're called now)?
It's a server plugin, no idea what purpose it has. Guess it's explained somewhere in the server rules.
or carribean cruise
hehehe, yea carribean cruise that is.
join a "normal" server and u wont get that
lol! laughed hard when i read that
#6 - wark
:rolleyes: Read the sticky thread "I stole a car. What do I do now?"

Classic.
Quote from wark ::rolleyes: Read the sticky thread "I stole a car. What do I do now?"

Classic.

I can't find it... Could You write a link for me please?
dont worry about it, if you are asking about the CLC servers, those are very confusing for new peoples, and at first it makes no sense

if you can afford it, you have to type in "!buy LX6"

but.. over time the CLC servers have died off due to no one paying attention and few/no [positive] updates to the system

therefore my suggestion is just dont join that server anymore, they've gone downhill
#9 - wark
Quote from XCNuse :dont worry about it, if you are asking about the CLC servers, those are very confusing for new peoples, and at first it makes no sense

if you can afford it, you have to type in "!buy LX6"

but.. over time the CLC servers have died off due to no one paying attention and few/no [positive] updates to the system

therefore my suggestion is just dont join that server anymore, they've gone downhill

It is being worked on.. reason for no updates is because to release one that was still very buggy would do no good at all

I must agree though its very confusing for new players. It will be back up there as a better system again soon.

@Thread starter. if you do go back on the server just ask if anybody can help. hopefully somebody will be nice enough to help you out. but if it seems too confusing simply go and race on another server. as the Carribean Cruise servers are not for racing.
Quote :Carribean Cruise servers are not for racing.

So what are they for ? It is frustrating to join such server, simply waste of my time . How to recognize in list of servers wchich of them are not dedicated for racing?
#12 - joen
Quote from agentmarek :So what are they for ? It is frustrating to join such server, simply waste of my time . How to recognize in list of servers wchich of them are not dedicated for racing?

They're meant for...just cruising around... or something. If you want to race just avoid servers which have things like "cruise", "Cops and Robbers", "CnR", "CityLife", "City Driving" and stuff like that in the server name. I know, it's completely logical to expect racing in a racing sim, but some people feel the need to play silly, RPG like games instead.

(all imo ofcourse)
From server name, carribean cruise servers are a split from a concept called 'city driving', where people drive around for the sake of driving around. I cant defend the concept or explain it well i'm sorry ot say. There's also servers marked drift where racing doesnt happen, the idea there is to spin the car and, well, spin. There's the odd other server that's not for racing, but basically if it says cruise, city driving, or drift in the name, then your amazing throttle balancing skills wont be appreciated...
I see no problem if someone wants to use a racing sim in a way it wasn't originally meant for. They have a right to do it, and for me the discussion stops here. There's no need to defend a concept as long as drifters and cruisers don't go drifting or cruising on racing servers disrupting races. The same could of course be said of racers. If you dislike something, just steer clear of it.
#15 - joen
Quote from Albieg :I see no problem if someone wants to use a racing sim in a way it wasn't originally meant for. They have a right to do it, and for me the discussion stops here. There's no need to defend a concept as long as drifters and cruisers don't go drifting or cruising on racing servers disrupting races. The same could of course be said of racers. If you dislike something, just steer clear of it.

Noone said it shouldn't be allowed, but I can understand newcomers or people who don't frequent the forum not being familiar with the terms or concepts of CnR, City Driving or Cruise servers, and thus not knowing racing isn't allowed on there.
A warning message before entering the server would be appropriate (don't know if these servers have those as I never go there).
Quote from joen :I know, it's completely logical to expect racing in a racing sim, but some people feel the need to play silly, RPG like games instead.

(all imo ofcourse)

I was referring to this less than flattering sentence.
#17 - joen
Quote from Albieg :I was referring to this less than flattering sentence.

Well, where am I saying it shouldn't be allowed/accepted?
I was merely expressing my opinion about the concepts, and indicating that it's understandable for people to expect racing in a racing sim (especially newcomers like I stated later on).
But I know some people here have problems with opinions, only when they're not identical to their own.
Wrong. I'm sorry you don't understand my point of view, but I'm not here to quarrel, or to define as silly something I don't like (and that doesn't harm me), including opinions I don't agree with.
Quote from joen :A warning message before entering the server would be appropriate (don't know if these servers have those as I never go there).

A warning message is usually always on these servers. For instance, on the Caribbean Cruise server which I frequented for a bit taking a break from racing, it states cruise around just like in real life following the road rules or something. People just seem to be very illiterate nowadays. Same with the STCC servers that I now frequent. The S1 server is always full at some time (14 out of 15 connections). If you try to connect to it when there are 14 connections it says "server is full, last slot is saved for admin". Yet, you see someone try to connect 15 times when it is full because the will connect, then disconnect as the server software seems to only know after the connection is made that there is no admin password provided.
I went chugging round some of the alternative servers last night - there's some fun to be had if you're feeling too frazzled for racing or whatever Sometimes I like to just go burn some rubber; the same goes with sim driving too ...

Sometimes if joining a full STCC server I miss the message and can't remember if the session was closed or if I just hadn't clicked the button ... thats a case of not paying attention, rather than illiteracy

I am not a thief
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG