The online racing simulator
Tension Between Demo and S2
(196 posts, closed, started )
WHATJAMEAN!, I always have demo friends over here playing my LFS...
T_T its seems alot like people are using a license to get a status.

And Im staying on demo for the sake of the reputation getting tarnished, however my budget permits an s2 license. If I get my father to agree to it *rubs chin*

All my demo friends are gone, plenty of people left are just people like me, demo veterans without a license. A new era will come along, but i'll probably have s2 by then. Is there an s2 coming out though...? im kinda lost @_@

AtomAnt- If you don't like the topic, dont post in it.

Conclusion: From what I have seen, s2 racers hold alot of discrimination and impatience, when stated otherwise *rubs chin and looks at s14racer- (Drifter?) 's signature*
First time I heard ofa veteran Demo Racer, what I heard was more of ********* ******** *********** ***********
I don't know of anyone who has an S2 licence for the "status" of being S2. There are two reasons that I know of, for getting S2 licenced. Firstly, a love of the game. Secondly, to support the developers who author it.

Both of these reasons are excellent reasons to buy S2. To buy S2 to gain status? Huh?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, here. The ONLY way to support the game and its developers is to buy a licence. This is the only way to become a "pillar" of the community. A pillar is something that supports a structure.

If you consider that an arrogant stance, I couldn't care much less. It's not about who's superior or who's inferior. It's about who supports the community and who doesn't. Beginning and end.
Give it a couple of years. Once you've got your license and have been around for a while, you'll start to get old and grumpy and doing the equivalent of yelling "get off my lawn you damn kids!" at some demo users too.
"Status"? Cobblers. It was greed! I wanted more cars, more tracks and a forum avatar Status my butt.
Rofl!!!
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :From what I have seen, s2 racers hold alot of discrimination and impatience...

Obviously you haven't seen much.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :T_T its seems alot like people are using a license to get a status.

And Im staying on demo for the sake of the reputation getting tarnished, however my budget permits an s2 license. If I get my father to agree to it *rubs chin*

All my demo friends are gone, plenty of people left are just people like me, demo veterans without a license. A new era will come along, but i'll probably have s2 by then. Is there an s2 coming out though...? im kinda lost @_@

AtomAnt- If you don't like the topic, dont post in it.

Conclusion: From what I have seen, s2 racers hold alot of discrimination and impatience, when stated otherwise *rubs chin and looks at s14racer- (Drifter?) 's signature*

Another thing is exactly how many people slag demo users? 10? 30? 50? There is over 15k users registered on LFS forums giving you : pulls out calculator: If 50 people slagged demo users that’s 1/3 of 1% of just the forum users or .33333% This isn't including the 30k plus LFS S2 registered people. Bringing that number in 1/2 again. I think there are even more S2 users than 30k come to think of it.

Saying that many people slag Demo users on this forum just isn't correct. Yes there are some bad apples but as a whole we welcome with open arms =)

There is a relatively small group of people that hit Demo users hard that actively using the forum, please don't mind them, they don't know what they are on =)
Gunn, from what I have seen, you are a bit biased towards s2 users.

Veteran demo user? Riders Motion? You posted on my site, team 360, you know me. You pulled out of community, posted that nismo left and felt all big, and then nismo left you.

Anyways, if you believe so badly about demo users, why are you not hitting me then?

-. - demo has become a bit tiring since I made my team, all the other teams disappeared..

good news, i have now been a demo user for a year! That may sound greedy, but I made alot of friends =)
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :You pulled out of community, posted that nismo left and felt all big, and then nismo left you.

Man that's a premier, I didn't knew he left 3rd Division
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Gunn, from what I have seen, you are a bit biased towards s2 users.

What on earth does that even mean?? I don't think you can make a prejudice out of nothing, just by claiming it's there. I think that's just plain ol' crap. You're not a victim just because you've chosen not to buy a racing sim. I don't feel any pity for you, since you've said the decision is yours and not forced on you. I don't feel ANYthing, and certainly no prejudice. Get a grip.
Funny how when someone is shown hard facts they plainly ignore it. Sounds like someone is having a complex of poor me syndrom.

Look at me look at me I am a demo user and I get picked on and discriminated against!

I will repost what I said a few posts ago incase your missed it the first time...

Quote from Viper93 :Another thing is exactly how many people slag demo users? 10? 30? 50? There is over 15k users registered on LFS forums giving you : pulls out calculator: If 50 people slagged demo users that’s 1/3 of 1% of just the forum users or .33333% This isn't including the 30k plus LFS S2 registered people. Bringing that number in 1/2 again. I think there are even more S2 users than 30k come to think of it.

Saying that many people slag Demo users on this forum just isn't correct. Yes there are some bad apples but as a whole we welcome with open arms =)

There is a relatively small group of people that hit Demo users hard that actively using the forum, please don't mind them, they don't know what they are on =)

@ Cr!t!calDrift

Just keep on rubbing your chin mate

Edit: Sorry about that , no offence meant. Actually just humour ( had a bad start of day )
heheh =_0
Status... Yeah, chicks dig a guy with an S-2 License.....
I also heard that Eric Clapton plans to do a special free concert for us too....

Anyways, this sorta downward spiraling post has given me an idea......
For the longest time I thought the S2 license was something you've gotten after you have passed some sort of grueling driving test in the game.

Then I realized that those testers could be bought.

My fantasy has been shattered.
I guess I'll contribute my second post ever to this matter since witnessing the servers down for the first time in the 3+ years of having and enjoying this game...

First things first... I hate cheapskates... If you can have a computer to run this game on, you or someone you know can afford to purchase this game and support the few people that worked harder than you could probably comprehend to bring it to you.

Second thing... I played the demo for only a few hours... I enjoyed it so much that I immediately purchased the game.

Third thing... Assuming that everyone is like a few bad apples is ignorant.

Fourth. If you have played the demo for over a year without buying the game, It's pretty obvious that you enjoy it. ***See "First things first" ***.

I'm not an arrogant person, but I've dropped in on the forums because I've witnessed the servers being down for the first time ever, and reading through this ridiculous post... is just mind boggling.

A demos soul purpose is to let you try out a game FOR FREE so you can decide whether or not you would like to invest in it.

P.S. I've never seen anyone being arrogant to demo users, or users who have upgraded from the demo...

On that note...

Yay! 2 posts in 2 years! Both in one day. Come back servers... COME BACK!

- RX007
Quote from RX007 :If you can have a computer to run this game on, you or someone you know can afford to purchase this game

hehe, that's a very valid point indeed!
I just bought the S2 license. And I can say the UF1 ALONE is worth the money. Took it for a spin on BL (only track I know) and could NOT stop laughing. It was so much fun to drive!

Just buy the license it cannot be such a hard thing for you. I mean £24. You can't even get a decent meal in a fansy restaurant for that.
Welcome to S2!
Good choice, March Hare. If you like the UF1, be sure to check out the STCC 1b server. Lots of good, clean racing in the UF1 at a variety of the shorter club tracks.
Quote from BuddhaBing :Good choice, March Hare. If you like the UF1, be sure to check out the STCC 1b server. Lots of good, clean racing in the UF1 at a variety of the shorter club tracks.

Clean !?

I didn`t see that in there, the last two times i joined that server.

Sadly but true.
Hmm, well it's been clean every time I've been on. There's the occasional disaster at turn 1 which you expect with inexperienced racers and some bumping and swapping of paint which is to be expected when the racing is close but I have yet to see any overt wrecking, every once in a while there will be someone who doesn't appear to know what they're doing (probably first-timers) but everyone seems to be doing the best that they can and people have generally been good about giving those around them space, not charging madly into corners and barging through with their tyres smoking, not darting blindly back onto the racing line after an off and getting out of the way when they are being lapped by faster racers. To me, that's clean racing even if there are racing incidents.
Quote from BuddhaBing : To me, that's clean racing even if there are racing incidents.

No !

Clean racing have no incidents, in my book
This thread is closed

Tension Between Demo and S2
(196 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG