The online racing simulator
Wikipedia
(22 posts, started )
Wikipedia
Hehehe
Quote from Wikipedia, in Trivia :It's customary for new racers or 'Nooobs!' to introduce themselves by taking out the whole field in turn 1.

ROFL!
"Correct"
It (first post) has been edited...disegard previous mssg.
Hmmm.............wonder who put that there..........

(more trivia)
booo someone deleted it
At the moment, at the end of the trivia section, I can read this sentence:

It's customary for new racers or 'Nooobs!' to introduce themselves by taking out the whole field in turn 1.

It's just my opinion, but a sentence like this cannot be consider encyclopedic. It can be considered humorous and may have some truths in it, but it shouldn't be there.

But there's a hint for an interesting poll: how many forumers have taken out a grid at least once?
#10 - S0ul
Quote from Albieg :At the moment, at the end of the trivia section, I can read this sentence:

It's customary for new racers or 'Nooobs!' to introduce themselves by taking out the whole field in turn 1.

It's just my opinion, but a sentence like this cannot be consider encyclopedic. It can be considered humorous and may have some truths in it, but it shouldn't be there.

But there's a hint for an interesting poll: how many forumers have taken out a grid at least once?

I guess we should rather ask who did NOT take out the field at least once
Quote from Albieg :It's just my opinion, but a sentence like this cannot be consider encyclopedic.

IMO Wikipedia cannot be considered encyclopaedic either.
With editings like that, it will never be.
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : mmm hmm
I see most people don't care, but this isn't funny for me. Re-editing anonymously a Wikipedia page after someone reverted the page to the original state for a tone deemed inappropriate is an act of vandalism and nothing more. It could be considered fun once, but starting an edit war on Wikipedia just for a cheap laugh is silly, not funny.
To be quite honest I didn't mind the reference to noobs, as it was clearly a bit light hearted - perhaps [humour] tags were needed.

But the obvious editting war is just sad - why to people have to say I like pies, and immature stuff like that - all it could possibly do is make our 'community' look even more immature, and look LFS look unprofessional.

To those trying, desperately, to add their 'fun', kindly stop and think about what you're doing. Then go outside and climb a tree or something...
FFS, WIKIpedia is not for jokes. If you want crap about noobs, that's for UNCYCLOpedia.
#17 - Jakg
as funy as it is to us LFS'ers, whats the point? Post crap, and degrade the proffesional image of LFS AND make your self a fool, post crap on the Uncyclopedia where at least its wanted
Aren't you all just taking the wikipedia thing a little too seriously?

Does ANYONE actually take what's written on wikipedia as gospel anyway?.

I also find it ironic, considering the amount of crap that it written on the official LFS forums, that anything on wikipedia would make LFS look any less professional.
Danowat, it's not about taking seriously Wikipedia. It's just that I respect their rules. After all, those are their rules. I try not to wreck in S2 because of rules, you know. Unless wrecking is permitted. So, on Wikipedia, vandalism is vandalism, and nothing more. And it generally backfires.
Quote :One of the fictional sponsors, Scavier Solutions, is actually a pun on the developers' names, Scawen, Victor, Eric. Scavier is also a name used collectively for all three members of the development team.

Interesting. Didnt noticed that until now
Quote :The Kitchen

One of the most exciting aspects of Live for Speed is the ongoing development of a Kitchen, the community thirsts for updates on this matter.
Its wooden doors under a worktop surface that is a bit blue. But it's a bit hard to get started on the job seeing as I've managed to break the mains tap handle off its stem. It was seized and I had to use a mole wrench to try to gradually move it a bit this way and that but in the end, it just broke off instead of turning. Lesson to learn - DO turn the mains tap off an on at least twice a year or it will eventually seize.
While many are truly interested in this kitchen business, some believe it's mostly about increasing forum usage.

I want a kitchen progress report!!!

Wikipedia
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG