The online racing simulator
LFS UK Gathering Thread 11 - Commitment and Payment
Afternoon everyone

It's time to commit now, please post in this thread to confirm you can make this event. If you won't know until the last minute, but the chances are good, you can confirm and drop out, though obviously I want to keep that to a minimum.

Also, we need to round up £150 for the deposit to confirm the booking, I want to discuss how best to do this.

Here is my initial idea:
Nine attendees post me a cheque for £15 (not made out to me, I must add), I add my own to this and post them all down to Adrian for the deposit. I keep track of who has paid the £15, so they pay £15 less on the day.

Since the actual figure we will pay depends on how many people go (I'm still hoping we can get the full 20 people, which works out as £30 each), and we haven't quite got 20 people yet, I'd rather not split it out any further as it makes the number awkward.

Cheers

Edit:
For anyone missing any details, all the important details are kept here.
#2 - t1ger
Hi Ben,

You can confirm me, please.

I think the way we paid last time worked quite well, so we should do the same again just as you have suggested.

Just tell me the exact name the cheque needs to be payable to and PM me your address to send it to.

I am now going to book my hotel!

Tim
I am in =)

I will have my car by then too so if anyone needs a lift Oxford and south near the A34 let me know I could pick you up.
I'm certain enough to put down my deposit, I'm happy with the cheque thing also, so if I receive someone to name it in, and somewhere to send it, I'll do just that.

I intend to be driving from BoxHill to SH, I will happily do pick ups and drop off, even quite a bit off route if it means more people to race with, but I will warn you I have a car with alloy wheels that did not come from the people who made the car... I understand that may cause some people to throw up on sight and such makes transportation difficult....
#5 - nihil
I'm certain enough too... PM me the details and I'll send a cheque.
Yeah Bob I am 99% in. Plus you otherwise wouldn't leave me alone if I didn't come. Not looking forward to getting up early and cycling to your house though!!!!! there is a chance that I may be in Germany on the 14th of April but I cant say for sure hence 99% certainty. At the mo I am in...

whoohoo Soton here we come!
I'll add it here rather than in the original thread in case someone misses it, but Adrian has said it will be no problem allowing both the XF GTi and XR GT to race together in the first race, so hopefully that will keep the RWD lovers (like me) happy. Also the WRs at SO Town are very close, 0.4 seconds apart, and actually in the GTi's favour, so I can't see any FWD lovers complaining at the addition.
#8 - need
I'll confirm attendance, don't have a cheque book, but I'm sure we could come to some other arrangement for a payment, PayPal, etc... maybe.
sorry

funds for car needed.......so im going to have to drop out.
thanks for taking the time to organise it, i hope you guys have a great time.
need (& others) - I'm happy to take your money via PayPal, if you're happy to give it to me. I will then of course write out a suitably larger cheque.

Remember I only need 9 people to give me money, not everyone. The rest will pay it all on the day. That's assuming you're all happy with my idea, I don't see any complaints yet. So I must be doing something right.
I'm afraid my situation has radically changed in the last few weeks and I can't commit to a confirmation at the moment I'm afraid

I'll let you know as soon as I can; I'm sorry I'm cocking things up a tad guys
Quote from LFSn00b :Did i read wrong? You need just to send the 15£?

For now, we just need 9 people to send Bob £15. If Bob gets 9 people to send him a cheque, the rest of you can wait and just pay on the day.

Hope this helps.

Tim
In your case Niko, I'd pay on the day. No point trying to get money to me when you have to worry about transfer between countries and exchange rates. It'll be much simpler to sort that out at the race centre.

I take it by posting you're confirming your attendance?
#14 - bozo
You can count me in, and I can send a cheque too.

I'm travelling down from Stanstead if anybody needs a lift, heading round the northern half of the M25.
Only half of you can commit? Don't even have enough to people pay the deposit yet..
I'm in,

PM me with the address for paypal?

Quote from Viper93 :I am in =)

I will have my car by then too so if anyone needs a lift Oxford and south near the A34 let me know I could pick you up.

I'm in Oxford too....might take you up on that - if you're still offering?
OK that's great, enough people for a deposit, I'll send an email around shortly.

Fingers crossed there'll be another 8 people confirming to fill the booths.

goode400 - please pm me your email address so you can be included in the announcement, thanks.
Quote from LFSn00b :I think i can come.

That doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Quote from LFSn00b :But bleh, i might need a ride :P

Say where from and how many of you are coming and somebody might be able to help out.

Also make it clear if you are intending to spend the night in the area or not, as I think there is a mix of people in that situation.
Quote from goode400 :I'm in,

PM me with the address for paypal?

I'm in Oxford too....might take you up on that - if you're still offering?

Sure, still room for 3 more =) well 2 if you don't like riding in the middle.
Quote from LFSn00b :Just to say, i have school when this LFS meet is, so i think i won't be coming.

On a saturday?
I thought you were coming over to England for something else anyway? Please let me know what the deal is.
o_o;; Looool TAXI / TRAIN / BUS / Hitchhike
Where in the UK will you be staying?
#24 - dabe
I would like to come to this event! I'm forum newbie but i've been playing LFS sinces way back when... I know its late notice however i live in southampton. Don't mind paying the full amount on the day (or i can paypal a deposit...)

I have just found out about drivers challenge. I will be going along sometime this week for some practice sessions in GPL (does that put me an unfair advantage!? ).

I don't mind getting some pics of the event next saturday (14th) if its not too late to sign up that is!.

> Dave
Excellent news, I've added you to the confirmed racers list. See you there.

LFS UK Gathering Thread 11 - Commitment and Payment
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG