The online racing simulator
Kyoto GP Long, Review Pool 3
So this was the race from my cockpit view: The first turn I was happy to survive at my start position, which was 3rd, before I could even take over leadership the next turn when FienDi ran into some trouble there. Actually I couldn't tell what really happened (wasn't too curious about it at that time anyway ) and could manage to build up a somewhat comfortable gap of several seconds to the chasing crowd in the following laps. After some time, however, FienDi obviously recovered perfectly from his initial lapse, which resulted in a pretty thrilling distance fight, when I counted each 10th of a second plus or minus at split and lap times. FienDi came closer and closer, very slow but consistently, anyhow I could keep the distance at minimum 5 secs. At the second pit stop I lost this almost completely (will have a serious talk with my boxing crew about that! :arge: ), and shortly after he could finally pass me. However, maybe somewhat psyched by that terrific catch up, he managed to spin at a very very tricky point of the track... in the oval . So I could pass again. As far as for the successful part. One lap further I crashed heavily in consequence of full breaking when struggling to lap someone. Car got damaged, I decided to pass the pits anyway (was on a two stop strategy), which turned out a major mistake, as I found myself almost completely stuck in the gravel some curves later. Cost me about one minute to get back on track, made up for the badly needed pit stop, and finally went back into race with some frustration (lost 5 positions in the meantime) and pushed at full risk for the rest of the event... which resulted at least in a marvelous personal all-time-ever best time of 1:18.xx and a forgiving 4th final placing. Great race, looking forward to SO town...
#2 - nilo
Pool3 review!
You should know, that your 4th place was only possible because I had a miscalculation in my pit-strategy and had to pit again on last lap, falling from 4th to 6th position. I am highly pleased with my 75 points, though.

Did you notice that we had the most finishers in pool3?

Anyway, it was a really great race! Can't wait for November, 13th... :boing:
Quote from nilo :You should know, that your 4th place was only possible because I had a miscalculation in my pit-strategy ...

I'm totally aware of that... well, shit happens . By the way, not only that pool 3 had the most finishers, my impression when reading the stats was also, that it has been almost as strong as pool 2... :eye-poppi
Take a look at lap time stability in pools 1 and 2 versus 3, 4, and 5. Quite a shocker.
lol

Lap times stability - n1 Pabs(Sco) (Pabs(Sco)) 22.48 +18.33

Average lap - n1 Pabs(Sco) (Pabs(Sco)) 2:41.41 +13.41

Best lap - n1 Pabs(Sco) (Pabs(Sco)) 2:23.85 +1.95

What a shocker :P

Kyoto GP Long, Review Pool 3
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG