The online racing simulator
Dutch : Translating track names
(49 posts, started )
Quote from traxxion :Voor de duidelijkheid: ik heb die in-game vertalingen niet gedaan, anders had het ook geen Aston Noord geweest hè

The original Dutch translation is done by a Belgian, maybe thats the way it's kinda weird sometimes. No offence to the original translater, cos he's a very nice dude.

/me says hi to Niels
Quote from R1K89 :Okay thats good
Maybe you should download my dutch language above ^ (i know spam srry)
It will help you to learn dutch faster

HAHA, maybe i should Well im away all weekend with my DUTCH gf, then next week from thursday to monday i am again W00T!!!!!
Quote from jamesrowe :HAHA, maybe i should Well im away all weekend with my DUTCH gf, then next week from thursday to monday i am again W00T!!!!!

good job
For the sake of on-topicness, I can inform you guys that in the next patch, Dutch LFS will have Aston North again.
Quote from traxxion :For the sake of on-topicness, I can inform you guys that in the next patch, Dutch LFS will have Aston North again.

Why just not add my translation , wich is MUCH better then the other one
Pleas credit me if you do; Rik L.

*starts to making the translation even better* ( I'll post when finnished )
Quote from traxxion :Aston Noord... that's like translating Beethoven into Biteheaven illepall

LOL That's true, and I think it depends on the country. In spanish the track sound a bit strange. "Ciudad del sur", "Colina del este", "Bahía Fern", "Bosque Negro"... nah, it's better to keep the original names
Pfff... this is going to take some time to translate. Verry many files and words i have to translate !
I have finnished the normal menu / game translation , i'm working now on the help translation, after that i need to translate those many lesson files, do i get payed for this? this is going to take hours!
Quote from R1K89 :Pfff... this is going to take some time to translate. Verry many files and words i have to translate !
I have finnished the normal menu / game translation , i'm working now on the help translation, after that i need to translate those many lesson files, do i get payed for this? this is going to take hours!

What do u mean exactly? Everything is already translated...
Quote from traxxion :What do u mean exactly? Everything is already translated...

I am making a decent translation , the original one is verry bad
Quote from R1K89 :I am making a decent translation , the original one is verry bad

Could you please give an example of what is bad? It can't be all that much really...
-
(R1K89) DELETED by R1K89
Quote from traxxion :Could you please give an example of what is bad? It can't be all that much really...

Quote from traxxion :Could you please give an example of what is bad? It can't be all that much really...

Quote from R1K89 : Yeah and THAT is just one of the reasons i mostly prefer english in games, it's just because that the dutch translators TRANSLATE too much , if you know what i mean. *starts lfs and changes to dutch language* Well in options are also some mistakes @ Controls(Toetsen): Toetsen supose to be Besturing. Centrale redutie gaspendaal / rem; that supose to be: Centrale reductie gaspendaal / rem. @Player(Speler) : Nummerplaat; Supose to be Nummerbord. Positie rijder supose to be Bestuurders Positie. (lol i think rijder isn't even a dutch word but it doesn't matter :tilt Remhulp supose to be Remassistentie @Snelheidaanduiding @Mph (Miles Per Hour); it supose to be MP/U(Mijlen per uur) But you can leave it to at MPH and KMH if you want. @Misc(Overige): Teken wagen in multiplayer; supose to be: Auto weergave afstand in Multiplayer. @Scherm; it supose to be Beeld.
@Spel: AI Rijder ; it supose to be AI Bestuurder.

Some things are just like they are translated with a translation machine or something and the original translation doesn't even have translated lesson files! Anyway here are some that i translated ; Put Rik-L_Nederlands.txt & help_Rik-L_Nederlands.txt in LFS\data\language\ ; Put Acceleration - GTI_Rik-L_Nederlands.txt & Acceleration - MRT_Rik-L_Nederlands.txt in LFS\data\lesson.
Well that's it for 2day , i stop with translating for this day. Have done enough 2day
Attached files
Rik-L_Nederlands.txt - 47.3 KB - 182 views
help_Rik-L_Nederlands.txt - 11.7 KB - 179 views
Acceleration - GTI_Rik-L_Nederlands.txt - 628 B - 176 views
Acceleration - MRT_Rik-L_Nederlands.txt - 296 B - 184 views
Quote :@ Controls(Toetsen): Toetsen supose to be Besturing.

Erm not sure about this one, will have to check when I get home.

Quote :Centrale redutie gaspendaal / rem; that supose to be: Centrale reductie gaspendaal / rem.

Valid, although you forgot that it's not pendaal but pedaal

Quote :@Player(Speler) : Nummerplaat; Supose to be Nummerbord.

Why?

Quote :Positie rijder supose to be Bestuurders Positie. (lol i think rijder isn't even a dutch word but it doesn't matter )

Why? Rijder is a valid Dutch word.

Quote :Remhulp supose to be Remassistentie

Why?

Quote :@Mph (Miles Per Hour); it supose to be MP/U(Mijlen per uur) But you can leave it to at MPH and KMH if you want.

mph is an official unit indication.

Quote :@Misc(Overige): Teken wagen in multiplayer; supose to be: Auto weergave afstand in Multiplayer.

Valid.

Quote :@Scherm; it supose to be Beeld.

Why?

Quote :@Spel: AI Rijder ; it supose to be AI Bestuurder.

Again, rijder is Dutch.
Quote from traxxion :Erm not sure about this one, will have to check when I get home.

Valid, although you forgot that it's not pendaal but pedaal

Why?

Why? Rijder is a valid Dutch word.

Why?

mph is an official unit indication.

Valid.

Why?

Again, rijder is Dutch.

Srry people this had to be in dutch
De woorden passen beter.

@Besturing: toetsen is verkeerd vertaald want je hebt nog meer dan een toetsenbord wat je kan gebruiken (stuurwielletje, gamepad, joystick ect ect..)

@Nummerbord: Nummerplaat klinkt zo boer achtig , nummerbord klinkt beter, en nummerplaat is gewoon een synoniem van nummerbord, dus maakt niet zoveel uit maar ik vind het better passen.

@Remassistentie: Remassistentie klinkt beter dan Remhulp, en Remassistentie is ook de officele benaming ervoor, ik kan het gewoon ook als Rembekrachtiging vertalen maar Remassistentie klinkt beter

Rijder vertaalt naar engels; skater , rider....... (hier vertaling en synoniemen http://www.vertaalwoord.nl/tra ... r&vertaal=vertalingen ) Rider is een beetje "Slang English" (engelse straat taal), en dat is met rijder ook het geval volgens mij. Het moet natuurlijk wel A.B.N. (Algemeen Beschaafd Nederlands) zijn he.

vandale woordeboek website:
rij·der (de ~ (m.), ~s)
1 iem. die op een rijdier, op schaatsen of met een voertuig rijdt
2 oude munt met de afbeelding van een ruiter erop

be·stuur·der (de ~ (m.), ~s)
1 iem. die een vervoermiddel bestuurt
2 iem. die deel uitmaakt van een bestuur => moderateur, regent

Een auto is een vervoermiddel

@MPH; Heb ik niet vertaald, het is mph ingame. zelfde geld voor kmh

lol srry @ pendaal, ill fix that
Je moet gewoon me vertaling downloaden en dan kijken, niet op mijn post gaan oordelen maar op me vertaling ingame!

Hier een update
Attached files
Rik-L_Nederlands-v2.txt - 47.3 KB - 176 views
Quote from R1K89 :Those words "fit" better.

I think it's more personal preference.
And you have to take into account that the translation is also used for Belgian people (and partly maintained by a Belgian).

Edit: maybe coureur is better for driver, bestuurder is just as weird as rijder imo.
Edit2: it would be useful if you just posted the changes u made rather then the complete files. That way we can have a look at the suggestions and, if necessary, modify the original files so they can be added to the next patch
Quote from traxxion :I think it's more personal preference.
And you have to take into account that the translation is also used for Belgian people (and partly maintained by a Belgian).

Edit: maybe coureur is better for driver, bestuurder is just as weird as rijder imo.
Edit2: it would be useful if you just posted the changes u made rather then the complete files. That way we can have a look at the suggestions and, if necessary, modify the original files so they can be added to the next patch

De post die je geplaatst hebt kwam wel een beetje laat aan, ik was me post aan het vertalen van engels naar nederlands , en jou quote is nederlands lol . Maar goed, dat is opzich wel een goed idee, want ik heb ook me twijvels over "bestuurder". Ik zou het natuurlijk zeer op prijs stellen en geweldig vinden als mijn vertaling in de volgende patch zat maar dit is allemaal alleen nog maar in "test fase" dus , k'weet niet of alles wel goed vertaald is en alle lesson bestanden zijn ook nog niet vertaald. En met al die sugesties hier word het straks wel een grote thread hoor, maar dat moet dan maar.
P.s. Trouwens grappig ik zie net in je profiel dat je 1 dag later dan mij jarig bent
Nogmaals, ik denk dat het het makkelijkste is om gewoon op een rijtje te zetten (in een tekstbestandje oid) wat jij denkt dat beter/anders moet. Dan kunnen wij het bekijken en als we het er mee eens zijn de aanpassingen maken.
Quote from traxxion :Nogmaals, ik denk dat het het makkelijkste is om gewoon op een rijtje te zetten (in een tekstbestandje oid) wat jij denkt dat beter/anders moet. Dan kunnen wij het bekijken en als we het er mee eens zijn de aanpassingen maken.

Ja ok zal ik doen , kunnen we dit niet via msn ofzo doen ? pm me je msn als je het via msn wilt doen.
En trouwens , de mensen die vlaams spreken die verstaan normaal nederlands wel hoor, alleen van die boeren woorden niet.
/me stemt voor Traxxion.
Maar beter nog hebben jullie 2 eerst een efficiënte vergadering wat de uiteindelijke vertaling zal worden.
I'd like to add my vision on the question.

The track configurations' names aren't own names, these parts of the track are named for their location on the autodrome area, so "Aston North" means "Aston autodrome; northern part track". In general, we have a set of purely utilitarian names. That's why I've translated them in Russian version. Leaving them as they are would obscure their meaning.

I adhere that track names must be transliterated. At least, it is wrong to write a text in Russian with latin inserts that aren't really needed. (For example, everybody knows what is Toyota, so those who write it in latin [and consequently do not decline the word] are wrong, it even feels inconvenient not to decline words, not to say about reading a mixture of scripts. Only when you need to introduce a new title or an own name, latin is needed).

Those who know English or at least latin script, or kinda know it by means of computers, can dispense with English LFS and have an ide how the names are pronounced. But for those who really need the translation, it is quite inconvenient.

Language files are made to be in LFS in our language environment. No reason to put there any disturbing admixtures.
Quote from detail :I'd like to add my vision on the question.

The track configurations' names aren't own names, these parts of the track are named for their location on the autodrome area, so "Aston North" means "Aston autodrome; northern part track". In general, we have a set of purely utilitarian names. That's why I've translated them in Russian version. Leaving them as they are would obscure their meaning.

I adhere that track names must be transliterated. At least, it is wrong to write a text in Russian with latin inserts that aren't really needed. (For example, everybody knows what is Toyota, so those who write it in latin [and consequently do not decline the word] are wrong, it even feels inconvenient not to decline words, not to say about reading a mixture of scripts. Only when you need to introduce a new title or an own name, latin is needed).

Those who know English or at least latin script, or kinda know it by means of computers, can dispense with English LFS and have an ide how the names are pronounced. But for those who really need the translation, it is quite inconvenient.

Language files are made to be in LFS in our language environment. No reason to put there any disturbing admixtures.

I understand your point but we're specifically talking about the Dutch translation here. Dutch is very acquainted with English, it's basically a second language. We'd much rather call Aston Noord; Aston North.
We don't call Aston Grand Prix; Aston Grote Prijs either..

It's a Dutch thing.
Another small thing, in the server browser there is a button "privaat" for private servers.
"Privaat" generally refers to the bathroom, "privé" should be used instead.

Gives a new dimension to shitty server
Quote from kingfag :Another small thing, in the server browser there is a button "privaat" for private servers.
"Privaat" generally refers to the bathroom, "privé" should be used instead.

Gives a new dimension to shitty server

Agreed and changed accordingly Should be improved in next patch.
Someone mentioned about Flemish and Dutch differences ... maybe forking a separate Flemish/Dutch (whichever wasn't the primary idea) one off might be a idea? Armagetron has two language packs for English, an EN-GB and EN-US one. Or should I just STFU?
Quote from duke_toaster :Someone mentioned about Flemish and Dutch differences ... maybe forking a separate Flemish/Dutch (whichever wasn't the primary idea) one off might be a idea? Armagetron has two language packs for English, an EN-GB and EN-US one. Or should I just STFU?

You're right, the privé / privaat is kind of a Dutch / Flemish issue.

It's not a bad idea, but to me it just seems to be double work. Until now we have always been able to find a word that suits both languages. Of course, if someone does feel like creating a seperate Flemish translation file (I'm ok with this one for Dutch) and is able to persuade Scawen into adding that language:

Dutch : Translating track names
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG