The online racing simulator
German Autobahns, unrestricted sections
(36 posts, started )
Does anybody know, or know a link to, a list of unrestricted sections of German Autobahn's, or do they change the speed limits?, also what signs show you that the autobahn you are driving on are unrestricted?

Cheers

Dan,
aprilia + autobahn = no go

try to avoid autobahn and you'll have much more fun.

if it's unrestricted, there wont be any sign. and if you are in a limited section and see this: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Zeichen_282.svg it's unrestricted again.
Quote from Da Hoe :aprilia + autobahn = no go

try to avoid autobahn and you'll have much more fun.

furry muff then, I'll try and avoid em if possible, so far my route has me going on the A4, the A1 and the A61
well, autobahns just go straight and that's quite boring on a bike (at least it was for me. could be, because i only had a 600cc suzuki bandit and was missing some speed there :shy
of course going via autobahn is much faster than going abroad, but you are going for fun, right?
Yes, we are going to the Nurburgring for fun, we want to get there ASAP on the Saturday, but obviously riding at 155mph isn't too intelligent because my bike will do a tank of fuel in about 23 minutes.

I'll try and do a route that avoids them if possible.
Quote from Da Hoe :if it's unrestricted, there wont be any sign. and if you are in a limited section and see this: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Zeichen_282.svg it's unrestricted again.

or the same sign with the previous limit in grey underneath
youll find them pretty mich everywhere on the autobahn ... the limit changes all the time and i dont think there is a single autobahn that doesnt at least have a short bit of unrestriced driving to offer

and if youre going to the nuerburgring youll have enough corners on the way so the autobahn might be the most relaxing and most importantly the fastest (ie more nurb) way to go
saving much miles and probably time too (at least on a bike)
Attached images
oink.JPG
#8 - buedi
Going that fast could be deadly too. Don´t expect that others are thinking for you. YOU are thinking for all other ahead and behind of you. Expect EVERY second that some Moron pulls over to the left lane without using his Turn Indicators. This is very common and most people even don´t look into there Mirrors.
You must be cautious as hell when you are driving faster than 140 km/h on the German Autobahn because there are too much Idiots out there.
When I travel to the Nurburgring I use the Night hours between 02:00h and 07:00h. And even there I had 2 nearly Highspeed crashes because some Idiot decided to drive in the middle of 3 lanes and pull over to the left lane just a second before I passed him. This happened 2 times on the A8 within 10 Kilometers. And there where NO other Car / Truck anywhere on that piece of Autobahn. I had luck being so fast, so both could not hit me in time

So please! Be carefull even when there is only ONE car in front of you which you want to pass. And when you are involved in a crash (no matter if you caused it or another) and you are faster than 130 km/h (that´s the suggested Speed on the Autobahn) you get serious problems with the Law.

And remember: On the Nurburgring you have the same Rules as on Public Roards when you drive on the "Mad Sunday". There is one Speed Limit (50 km/h) in Breitscheid and you may only pass another car on the left side.
Quote from Da Hoe :saving much miles and probably time too (at least on a bike)

Ohhhh.........I like that through the eifel national park.

@buedi, yes mate, its much like here when you ride a bike, you need to think that everyone is out to get you , but many thanks for the tips, appreciate it
I was always told that drivers in Germany were better than those here in North America. I'm just glad our highways in Canada have 100km/h speedlimits :P
Quote from MAGGOT :I was always told that drivers in Germany were better than those here in North America.

dunno but our drivers ed sure is a hell of a lot better than in the us (hellishly expensive too)
I bet that hepls the problem a lot. It is WAY too easy to get your license here, and because its so cheap morons don't care if it gets taken away.

Sometimes, I really really hate society. lol
Quote from danowat :Yes, we are going to the Nurburgring

I hate you right now. ....So much.

Thats on my list of things to do before i die.
Quote from danowat :Yes, we are going to the Nurburgring for fun, we want to get there ASAP on the Saturday, but obviously riding at 155mph isn't too intelligent because my bike will do a tank of fuel in about 23 minutes.

I'll try and do a route that avoids them if possible.

Take tank cameras. Please, I implore you =[
I went to the Nurburgring a couple of years ago, and I have to say, the standard of driving in Germany was generally much better than here. Lane discipline is a lot better there for the most part, and we were generally impressed with the standard of driving.

And of course the 'Ring was fantastic But don't expect the driving standards to be as high on the 'Ring, there are some nutters who think that common sense need not apply...and people who think they are fantastic and can drive at 10/10 because they have driven GT4. We saw quite a few of these guys in the barriers.
When I was in Germany I noticed that their discipline on the autobahns was much better than people's over here on the motorways. We hadn't planned to go to the Nurburgring until we saw it on the map about 100 miles away (we were just doing a general road trip around Europe), but it wasn't too hard to get to, until just when you're nearly upon it and all the signs disappear (the cars screaming past on the other side of a hedge at 12839172987mph helps, though).

We arrived on the test day for an endurance race, so we couldn't drive. We managed to avoid buying a ticket by sheer luck. I think we parked in the wrong car park, and found a cafe which has a balcony against the start/finish straight.

Getting out was a nightmare, we had no idea where we could find a place to stay, and nobody spoke English well. After a half German, half English, half impromptu sign language conversation, we headed for a town, which we missed but ended up in Daun and stayed in a nice hostel where NOBODY spoke English at all.

P.S. You'll love it. Simply being there was amazing, I can only imagine what it would be like to ride it.
Camera's and tank camera's have all been sorted, a group of 8 of us are going for 3 days, weekend the 26th May, so it should be good.

Expect pics and video's shortly after we get back
Quote from danowat :Camera's and tank camera's have all been sorted, a group of 8 of us are going for 3 days, weekend the 26th May, so it should be good.

This a bike day only? =P I will have my car then and I want to hit the ring with it =)
Quote from Viper93 :This a bike day only? =P I will have my car then and I want to hit the ring with it =)

Nope, its just a general ring day
Quote from danowat :Nope, its just a general ring day

Woohoo =) Mind if I.. uhh wait my wife and I are getting back from the USA on the 25th, that won't work. Dang ahwell next time =)

Supposedly my car run mid 8 minute laps around the ring, but I wanted to see for myself =) Maybe in June or July I will go, depending on the the UK track-days.
Quote from danowat :Camera's and tank camera's have all been sorted, a group of 8 of us are going for 3 days, weekend the 26th May, so it should be good.

Watch out with those cameras, it's not allowed to film your owm driving e.g. mount a camara in car / on bike. If they catch you, it could result in a 1 day ban! Not funny...

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fil ... DF/WichtigeHinweiseNS.pdf
Yeah, I know that, but thanks for the heads up anyway
Quote :No admittance for vehicles with
noise emission exceeding 95 dB(A).

Hope you got non-noisy zausts

I _KNOW_ mine would fail as soon as it hit 4500 rpm
So you don't hit 4500rpm where the sound meters are

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG