The online racing simulator
So many drift teams....
(9 posts, started )
#1 - garph
So many drift teams....
.....why don't you all just get together and make a team?
Well then who could we drift against..
Drifting against the same team as what you are in is stupid.....
But that is a good idea.
#3 - garph
Look how many drift team join or start-up requests (some times both within the space of a few hours), none of them are well organised and they'll probably not last more than a few weeks, plus they are like 1 or 2 man teams!!

There are obviously people around, you all should at least get a forum going so you can meet up and arrange stuff. That way you could get a few bigger longer lasting teams going.
I can see some people like to drift for fun... but really compete in it, i don't see a real way to prove which one is better. It all depends on what other people think of it. If you race well the one who is faster is better.
#5 - garph
I don't care about drifting, I don't even do it. I'm just sick of seeing soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many teams starting up every day that will obviously be dead within a few weeks/days.............hours!
Quote from garph :There are obviously people around, you all should at least get a forum going so you can meet up and arrange stuff. That way you could get a few bigger longer lasting teams going.

AFAIK, exactly that is done at www.lfs-torque.net.

I always thought that everybody, who is really serious about drifting, posts there. The people posting here advertisements to join their "teams" probably have LFS only 2 or 3 days and get bored of it in the next 2 weeks, so the team dies.
The question isn't 'bout why there's so many teams, it's 'bout why there's so many noob teams
true

if u dont have a forum and a server

imo ur not a team....
*Rare Post*

Quote from Riders Motion :The question isn't 'bout why there's so many teams, it's 'bout why there's so many noob teams

I dont understand this, or where it comes from. The word noob is offensive to some, and care should be used when using it. Every team, when it starts out is new, equaling the meaning of noob. Just like you and I was, when we started with LFS or anything else. We have all been noobs.

Quote from Falcon140 :true

if u dont have a forum and a server

imo ur not a team....

Tend to agree, when setting up DBP, I thought that to make the best impression of a team with intentions to stick around, having a Forum/website and server would be the most appropriate way of doing things.

These team forums.. there are lots of new teams, sometimes three or four per day, and the recruitment makes me giggle. Its either...

Hey wanna join my team? Yeh, Ill join...

or

Must be experienced over 31 million miles and a 1:29.00 in the XFG at Blackwood...

Excuse me for being professional, with application forms and realistic requirements. Im very happy with my LFS Team, 10 strong, in just under two months. 9 of the friendliest, funnyest drivers in LFS at the moment, (and me). Its a great bunch, im sure they will agree. We dont ask for much, but we are serious about what we do ask.

In summary.. Agreed gag, there are two many flash in the pan teams, a bit of thought and organisation.. and things can be much better.

#goes back to my sad little world, living in the gutters and undergrowth of these forums#

So many drift teams....
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG