The online racing simulator
FOX Setups
(5 posts, started )
FOX Setups
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but here it goes anyway.

A couple of updates ago the handling characteristics of the FOX were changed. I'm only an occasional racer, so perhaps I don't adapt as quickly as others, but I'm finding it difficult to get as quick as I had been in the FOX before the update.

Take for example AS2 - I find it difficult now to get the power down out of both the hairpins.

Am I just not doing something right (which I'm perfectly happy to accept...) or does the fact that I'm using pre-update setups also have an impact? If so, where can I find more recent setups?

Many thanks.
I assume you mean the april 06 update, in which case the set up's you have are out of date. If you want more recent set ups, try inferno's set up field which has alot of world record set ups

Link - http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/
Quote from Greboth :I assume you mean the april 06 update, in which case the set up's you have are out of date. If you want more recent set ups, try inferno's set up field which has alot of world record set ups

Link - http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

Cool. I thought I was going a little mad otherwise...

I'll try out the setup they have there. The weird thing is that when the update first came out, there were a lot of people who said "Meh, it makes driving the FOX too easy lol!!11!" etc. Of course, it made it easier to drive generally, but harder to drive fast...
The key to driving FOX is to go flat out always. There are not many places you have to brake or even lift off. And many setups seem to be using less locking under power than on coast, so you should keep the throttle on in corners to turn better.

Try this one for AS2, a lot better than the one in inferno.
Attached files
FORMULA XR_AS2.set - 132 B - 522 views
Quote from geeman1 :The key to driving FOX is to go flat out always. There are not many places you have to brake or even lift off. And many setups seem to be using less locking under power than on coast, so you should keep the throttle on in corners to turn better.

Try this one for AS2, a lot better than the one in inferno.

Yeah, I notice the power oversteer (or more, the no-power understeer), especially in the first flat-out chicane on the back stretch of AS2. The problem is getting over the curbs without disturbing the balance of the car - just something I need to practice I suppose.

As for the setup - many thanks, I'll try that tonight.

FOX Setups
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG