The online racing simulator
Master Server Moved [in January]
(115 posts, closed, started )
Wait, since when does Hamachi allow regular LAN IP's? As far as I know LFS only allows LAN connections through the common 192.168.x IP range, or was that just for S2 unlocked versions?
Quote from AndroidXP :Wait, since when does Hamachi allow regular LAN IP's? As far as I know LFS only allows LAN connections through the common 192.168.x IP range, or was that just for S2 unlocked versions?

I don't know much about it tbh, Android, but I'm fairly sure I've heard of LFS races hosted over hamachi... or was that some other sim. Anyway, worth a try.
in S2 it shouldnt work to stop crackers
Yep, you can use Hamachi when in demo mode.
Quote from Scawen :It should be very clear what I am saying, but I'll say it again just in case :

Versions older than S2 0.5U30 will not work fully, very soon. It's as simple as that, and there are no exceptions.

No unlocking, no online racing. They will still work online in demo mode which does allow direct connection by host IP address.
This is because the old versions relied on a fixed IP master. The new versions use a DNS lookup so the master server can move.

HI THERE I'M GOPED I;V JUST BOUGHT MY S2 LISENCE....BUT WOULD LIKE TO NO IF S2 ALPHA-Q DEMO STILL WORKS ONLINE,PLZ PLZ.NEED TO NO
THANKS....
It won't because it won't have a master server to retrieve online games from.
Quote from GLANZA :HI THERE I'M GOPED I;V JUST BOUGHT MY S2 LISENCE....BUT WOULD LIKE TO NO IF S2 ALPHA-Q DEMO STILL WORKS ONLINE,PLZ PLZ.NEED TO NO
THANKS....

Q wont work

And Q uses different physics, so even if you could connect you wouldn't be able to join a server
A totally different question:

Is there any hint anywhere at the moment on the development progress?
Usually there has been an April update the last two yearsm right? Any chance to get one this year, too?

I just found nothing in this forum at first glance, and I'm quite inactive nowadays. A patch (or the hope for a new patch) could get me back maybe ...

I miss this test patch subforum ...
Quote from HorsePower :A totally different question:

Is there any hint anywhere at the moment on the development progress?
Usually there has been an April update the last two yearsm right? Any chance to get one this year, too?

I just found nothing in this forum at first glance, and I'm quite inactive nowadays. A patch (or the hope for a new patch) could get me back maybe ...

I miss this test patch subforum ...

Nope, but it hasn't been long since patch V.
The next patch will be an incompatible patch with bigger chages, so expect that to take a while. I certainly don't expect it to come in April.
How are we meant to watch old replays? I can't unlock version Q and when I try to load a replay it will either say "Could not open file : South City" or will load Blackwood but not load any of the non demo cars
Damn that, i spent hours to unlock 0.5P to use mecanik and now its not possible!
on mine its asking me to dowload a mirror but every time i click on 1 it says (could not open restarter program) what should i do???
Download the full version of patch X manually from the main page and use that to patch your version. You're missing the EXE LFS needs to restart itself after applying the patch.
way to bump batman
This thread is closed

Master Server Moved [in January]
(115 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG