The online racing simulator
off topic, but cars involved
(14 posts, started )
Yeah, I was going out to eat with my wife and one of my kids last night.
well, I was driving down this one street, a car approaches from the other direction. Even though it was dark, I could tell it was a 1970's caddilac lowrider. we travel past each other and I think they were like two car lengths back when they started shooting. I don't know where they were shooting.
I thought maybe one of the houses, but it could've been a storage lot. I don't know. There wasn't nobody on the street besides us in our cars. So i know they wasn't targeting any particular person.
I dunno I grew up with plenty of shootings and crap around, so I'm pretty desensitized to it. But when it's THAT close, it still makes you jump.
#2 - ajp71
Glad I don't live in the states (or London atm).
Nice story. :S

Although I have to say, when I first scan read that first sentence I got a few words out of order and got quite a different meaning.
Quote from Bob Smith : when I first scan read that first sentence I got a few words out of order and got quite a different meaning.

Ha! I just re-read the origional post, and got the joke. Good find!
#5 - (SaM)
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope the kids weren't too shocked from it?
Where do you live? In Fairfax, VA, the cops shoot people before people shoot other people.
#7 - JTbo
Country seem to be in really deep trouble
Uhh.. yeah Bob... I ate the other kid the day before. I guess it spared her of
being traumatized by the gangsters, and it saved me $$$ on groceries. so that's a GOOD thing - right?

lol
Anyways, the story gets weirder a little. WHen I was posting the thread originally, I was waiting for a friend to come by so we could go to the store.
Well, right before I hit the submit button, a bunch of gunshots rang out.
they sounded similar to the ones we heard (saw?) the day before.
I think it was the same people. as we were leaving to go to the store, we saw two cop cars speeding towards the direction of the gunfire. LOL like they were going to do something about it...... oh well at least they looked impressive.

I ain't too worried about these gangbangers as obviously they are bad shots. I just hope i ain't too far away from their target the next time either or else then I stand a chance of getting hit.

I'm not so worried about this shocking my kids, they're used to it too.
I'm just glad they don't join in.
A couple a years ago my son got in a fight with two bullies on the bus.
He beat one with a can of soda. The local set of SSP was impressed and said they were going to keep an eye on him and jump him in when he got older. well he's older and those idiots are dead or in prison, so thank God for that

also, with that kind of crap going around, it makes a pretty good incentive to stay in and work on my pb's
#9 - JTbo
Sounds like you would be better safe in Baghdad than at your own street, what an odd place you live indeed.

Single bullet from AK can kill from 1500 meters, if odds are badly against, bullet can come in from window and hit someone in there. Smaller handguns have of course shorter range, but they can be deadly from very long distance, enough bad luck and bullet can bounce from something near target and fly really long distance with deadly velocity.

If you can see people and guns firing them, you may get hit even they don't aim to you, random chance but it have to happen only once and it is game over.

I don't understand how worlds powerful country that can take over virtually any country any time it likes can't make own streets safe, bad priorities that is, nothing else. Makes me sad to hear from such world.
Quote from JTbo :I don't understand how worlds powerful country that can take over virtually any country any time it likes can't make own streets safe, bad priorities that is, nothing else. Makes me sad to hear from such world.

It's because when their constitution was drawn up they included a right to be a gun-toting maniac.
#11 - JTbo
Quote from JTbo :Sounds like you would be better safe in Baghdad than at your own street, what an odd place you live indeed.

game over.

I don't understand how worlds powerful country that can take over virtually any country any time it likes can't make own streets safe, bad priorities that is, nothing else. Makes me sad to hear from such world.

uh if you don't think the same thing will be happening to European cities in the next ten years or so, you are probably going to be sadly mistaken.

And what's sad about that. is I don't think y'all are even remotely prepared for it. But who is? How can you prepare for that? Education programs don't work on people with 2 digit IQs and rehabilitation is a waste of time for a sociopath.

And to be honest, I'd rather contend with gang bangers than bureucratic
government morons dictating what needs to be done making the "streets safe". the last time they tried that, they tried taking all my guns from me and leaving them theirs.

I wish the gangsters where I live were more like what ran the apartment complex where my friend used to live. If you wasn't a cop or a rival gang member, they treated you like you were at a 5 star hotel. They provided the best security, they helped house wives carry groceries in their apartments and they kept an eye out on the little kids playing in the courtyards...... Of couse they did douse a child molester in gasoline and set him on fire, but I'm willing to overlook that minor infraction seeing how the scum bag deserved it.

LOL i guess where I live does have some parallels with Bagdad.
I should be thankful of the local gangs (our version of Shia death squads)
because they keep out the dreaded Sunni insurgents (Mara 13 where I live).

And to be completely honest, it still isn't as bad as 10-20 years ago.
Not anywhere that bad, just that it's picking up again and it seems like it could get worse.

And I really do think it will be that way in Western European Cities soon too.

ok I've babbled too long on this post... going to go race some before a stray bullet takes out the monitor. LOL
The same things are happening in UK cities now sadly :/ and we have major gun control.
#14 - JTbo
Well, we don't even have single big city here (You have many cities having more people than our whole country), there practically are no gangs and even more rare are guns. From beginning of 2002 to end of 2003 there was less than 200 deaths, bit over 100 were something else than suicides and in less than 15% of all 200 cases had guns involved, in over 60% of cases where there was a gun it was illegal.
There was 1 death by criminal gang.
Oh yes, in 75% of cases people where drunk, in 3% there was drugs or something else.

So maybe we live in just a bit different world after all, even we do have almost most violent deaths/people ration in whole Europe, only some eastern Europe countries have worst stats

Largest problem will be this going by feeling, not using brains.
I don't think that there really is so much people with two digits IQ, but attitude and priorities in life are pretty much wrong, somehow using brains must be higher priority.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG