The online racing simulator
Kyoto GP Long
(39 posts, started )

Poll : What do you think of GP Long?

It's good, I enjoy racing there.
It's awesome! I could lap there until I die.
OK, just another track to me.
Not really fond of it. I'll race there if I have to.
Dammit I hate that track! *****
Quote from LawVS :It would be my favourite car...

So Kyoto GP Long is your favourite CAR?
I'm pretty sure I'll like it when I've learnt it. And the damn thing things eats my tires. But after 1000 laps I have...well 1000 laps...forget it
I never actually drove it until recently because KY short was such a let down IMO, but the long circuit is fantastic, wouldn't mind the oval part going, oval infield tracks never work, look at Indy and Rockingham(UK), Daytona is OK but it's more the race that makes it good.

Shame there aren't more servers for it, I haven't tried it in the GTRs but I think this track would be best in the FOX.
I like this track. I drive it in RB4 and FOX GTR alot. Many medium turns that will burn your tires fast when you not drive carefully
Quote from ajp71 :I never actually drove it until recently because KY short was such a let down IMO, but the long circuit is fantastic, wouldn't mind the oval part going, oval infield tracks never work, look at Indy and Rockingham(UK), Daytona is OK but it's more the race that makes it good.

Shame there aren't more servers for it, I haven't tried it in the GTRs but I think this track would be best in the FOX.

I think national is a pretty good track with some nice corners, unseen on other lfs tracks. For example the double apex hairpin (turn 3 and 4), the hairpin just after that and the corner after the fast chicane. That last one has a weird drop, I really like it. Looking forward racing on that track in the Masters of Endurance series.
I rather like it- this track has the GP feel of a real track, looks and all the off camber bits - the last chicane is bullocks though, you come screeching to a halt, which is okay but every car there seems to twitch to some side and it is just maddening- i can not see the line there at all, the other corners hint at where you should go- but the last turn there before pit in, is just bonkers poo.

oh on the "Roval" note- infield road course bits i always find enjoyable, They can be fun for whatever reason, they alway include a good flat fast oval section...
lets see KY infield (what is it Nat?) is quite fun and races there are always good, in real life (daytona being a real bad roval) there are good tracks which should be exploited, Rockingham looks a good one and long, Lausitz is certainly a fast and pass opportunity filled circuit, Phoenix isn't too bad, Homestead-Miami is actually nice and is FIA approved as well, and the Claifornia Speedway Roval is a biiiig good racer too. The tracks generally are flat, so many yawns aside, they are very textbook and hence good for so many levels of racers, and these are very busy tracks too, with heavy braking places, slipstream areas and highspeeds. they have so many good features, what is the down side? length or flatness?- a track is a track, eh?
In the formula cars the chicane can be hard to take fast without spinning if you don't go over the bumps right, and like someone said earlier its so easy to spin in that low speed final section, it seems pretty unrealistic. Other then that the track is fun, and I really hope that layout combining long and national will be made (soon hehe).
Quote from GT Touring :Rockingham looks a good one and long

No the Rockingham infield seems to have been rather an after thought, it is ridiculously tight and flat which just makes an unintresting track to drive, fast corners are definatley good, but they should be fast sweeping corners, they needn't be banked, if the oval section was replaced with a fast corner, like the old Woodcote or the 130R then KY GP would be perfect.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Maybe Eric 'Tilke' Bailey will remove the slow chicane switchback thingy for S2 Final. If we send him chocolates perhaps
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
i really like it except for the last corners at KY3. really ruins the track for me
Please ad an option "I love it - and hate it".

I just had the pleasure to participate in the 40 lap race of OLFSL. We raced the fox, and KY GP truly is a great track - At least I felt so until lap 18, when I spun the first time. I'll spare you the details, but I think I spun 3 1/2 times more until I finally ended up in the sandpit and had to retire - that was on lap 39, I might ad for your amusement.

But seriously, it's one of the best tracks in LFS, I think. And my OLFSL-catastrophe just shows, that you simply have to be concentrated 100 % of the time. So, I guess, I'll vote "it's awesome" nonetheless .
Maybe a different layout will be made for the last corners, KY GP Longer? I think the current layout should be left in as well, those random difficult to learn corners just add to the challenge, you wouldn't say get rid of the Klostertal at the 'ring just because it's so difficult to get right, or round at all
I liked it from the first time I drove it, lots of fast flowing corners where you gotta get on the power early, the reverse config is also quite good, had a really good 3hr race with driver changes on the reverse config.
Quote from ajp71 :Maybe a different layout will be made for the last corners, KY GP Longer? I think the current layout should be left in as well, those random difficult to learn corners just add to the challenge, you wouldn't say get rid of the Klostertal at the 'ring just because it's so difficult to get right, or round at all

We dont want to get rid of them because they are hard to master, but just because they are 'bonkers poo', if I may quote someone in this thread. The sudden oversteer somewhere before the last chicane just feels weird and not correct.

Kyoto GP Long
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG