The online racing simulator
Mouse ---- Wheel
(11 posts, started )
Mouse ---- Wheel
Hehe how many users have goed over mouse to wheel ? Well i drived with mouse already about 1 year (Demo )And its seems to imbossible to drive with wheel ?And whats better +´s and -`s for mouse and wheel?
I think driving with wheel is lil bit more chances in curves or wadeva
I went from a momo force wheel to the g25 and thought I was driving another sim for 2 weeks.

Give it time ,driving with a wheel is the way to go,try using your mouse again in a few weeks, bet you cant drive with it
#3 - DeKo
I do occasionally when i cant be arsed setting my wheel up. How i used to race with it is beyond me. when i used to drive with mouse, i thought FFB was a gimic and that i wouldnt use it, but now i can barely keep the car in check through a corner without any indication of what the car is doing.
I drove with keyboard, then "upgraded" to mouse driving, now I drive with a wheel but still use the mouse for quick blasts and (usually) testing. I'm not as fast with the mouse as I used to be but I can say hands down that a wheel offers more precision, realism, immersion, satisfaction, smoothness, plus will most likely increase your smoothness, consistency and laptimes.

You're simply not accustomed to wheel driving yet, it takes a couple of weeks if you've been driving with the mouse for that long.
#5 - ajp71
Quote from JohnPenn :I went from a momo force wheel to the g25 and thought I was driving another sim for 2 weeks.

lol yeah when I went from (broken held together with parcel tape) Logitech FF GP to DFP I spun off the line in the FOX
#6 - avih
Mouse isn't bad at all, and I used to drive with a mouse for a while. Then I got a wheel. It took some time to get used to it, but then I did, and the PBs started comming. Bottom line, mouse is good, but wheel is better. The only real issue IMHO with a mouse is the on/off of the gas/break, especially with the formula cars. I know some ppl use some mouse configuration to use the Y axis of the mouse to control the gas and/or breaks. Never tried it myself though.
Mouse is good if you're using a good mouse...lol. Anyway, to mantain a consistant and stable lapping time and driving apexi, I can definitely say a wheel will help much better than a mouse generally.

I recently switch from a mouse to DFP, and I'm very happy about it. My lap time at first is not as fast as the mouse's. However, my lap time is constantly improving, and finally faster than when I was using the mouse. In addition, it's much more stable.

If you really like this game, buy a wheel. You will never regret, and that will definitely be one of your best investment.
Quote from JohnPenn :I went from a momo force wheel to the g25 and thought I was driving another sim for 2 weeks.

Give it time ,driving with a wheel is the way to go,try using your mouse again in a few weeks, bet you cant drive with it

I went from a worn out M$ FF to a G25, and it was like....WOW!:eclipsee_

I had to (try to) drive with a mouse once when I was demonstrating LFS on a mates rig, trying to get him interested, and I had almost no control at all..maybe it was just a case of not being used to a mouse, but IMHO, if you are playing a flight sim, you need a joystick, if it's FPS you cant beat a mouse/keyboard setup, but for driving you NEED a wheel!
No option for something else then, lol ... at the mo I play on a laptop on my lap, with an XBox 1 controller. Works fine for the most part, except for being stuck with digital accellerator/brake due to driver issues; when I have space I'll be trying out my Saitec XBox wheel with it.
it's better to drive with a wheel as its more "real", The only good thing about the mouse driving is that you can get out of any problems on track as its possible to turn your wheels completely into different direction in one moment.
Quote from juurme :Hehe how many users have goed over mouse to wheel ? Well i drived with mouse already about 1 year (Demo )And its seems to imbossible to drive with wheel ?And whats better +´s and -`s for mouse and wheel?
I think driving with wheel is lil bit more chances in curves or wadeva

For FFB Wheels to feel right some tweakings should be made, it needs different settings for each Sims and sometimes even between cars. What wheel do you have and with what settings do you drive?

Using a Steering Wheel for the first time is hard the first weeks, but after some practise you most likely will start to enjoy it and be faster. Spend some time finding the FF Settings you like.

Mouse ---- Wheel
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG