The online racing simulator
Hmm S3? :) [add more to demo]
(88 posts, started )
If the S3 comes out maybe lets add 1 new track to demo from S2 or S1?
#2 - joen
Why? It's meant to be a demo and give people a little taste of what the game is about. I you want more tracks buy it, simple as that. Besides, S3 is still far away, so you'll have lots of time saving money for it.
Demo is almost at stone age...How many years past from that when they added new car/track to demo?
Quote from juurme :Demo is almost at stone age...How many years past from that when they added new car/track to demo?

lol..if u find this game interesting , y dun u pay to buy it then?
rofl
Well i see that u all S2 lincensed and u dont understand what i mean...Acually i dont see any activate demo player in this forum
Quote from juurme :Demo is almost at stone age...How many years past from that when they added new car/track to demo?

Quote from joen :Why? It's meant to be a demo and give people a little taste of what the game is about. I you want more tracks buy it, simple as that. Besides, S3 is still far away, so you'll have lots of time saving money for it.

Exactly the same reply. The demo is exactly that a preview of the game, to show people what the game is like. If LFS gave you all the car's and track's in demo no one would ever buy the game. So a small amount of the game is available to show off the game. There have been many discussion's on what should be included in the demo, if anything more should be included.

Quote from juurme :Well i see that u all S2 lincensed and u dont understand what i mean...Acually i dont see any activate demo player in this forum

There are a few but it does seem alot of the demo users who frequent this forum go on to buy S2.
#7 - joen

You seem to think LFS is meant as as a free game. It's not, you get the demo for free and it's unlimited in terms of how long you can play it. That's more than you'll ever get from most other games. Once again, if you want more, buy it. If you don't buy it, fine play the demo as long as you want, but don't expect more stuff handed out to you for free.
If more content would be given away piece by piece demo racers would still play the demo for years and years to come even longer than some do now.
Be grateful for what you received out of generosity by the devs and stop asking for more.

Quote from juurme :Well i see that u all S2 lincensed and u dont understand what i mean...Acually i dont see any activate demo player in this forum

What does that have to do with it?
I totally understand what you mean, you want more stuff.
I had the same feeling after the first couple of days I played the demo. Guess what I did? I bought it.
I just don't get that freeloading reasoning.

AAGAGGGGGHHHHGHGGHHGHGGGHHHHH

If you want new cars and tracks, then BUY AN S2 LICENSE!!!!

Jeeze, it's not at all expensive. A shoddy game for an XBox 360 is like 50 - 60 quid (80 - 90 euros), so the what the hell is wrong with paying 24 quid!!! (or 36 euros)!! Lets see what else 36 euros can buy someone.... erm..... a couple of haircuts.... OR a good meal out... OR a t-shirt..., all which don't exactly contribute much to the amount of fun you could have if you BOUGHT A FLAMING LICENSE!!
Quote from DaveWS :AAGAGGGGGHHHHGHGGHHGHGGGHHHHH

If you want new cars and tracks, then BUY AN S2 LICENSE!!!!

Jeeze, it's not at all expensive. A shody game for an XBox 360 is like 50 - 60 quid (80 - 90 euros), so the what the hell is wrong with paying 24 quid!!! (or 36 euros)!! Lets see what else 36 euros can buy someone.... erm..... a couple of haircuts.... OR a good meal out... OR a t-shirt..., all which don't exactly contribute much to the amount of fun you could have if you BOUGHT A FLAMING LICENSE!!

calm down nervous boy
#10 - joen
I vote for thread closure.
Quote from joen :I vote for thread closure.

Now that is a reasonable suggestion
#12 - wark
Lucky to have a demo at all. You must have no idea how long we played the demo (being much worse at the time) quite happily while we waited for S1.
buy s2 and you will get more of everything...

/me votes to close this thread
The demo needs a diet. LFS demo is just too good, many will never buy a licence.
I played the demo from S1 0.3H all the way up to S2T!
Quote from wheel4hummer :I played the demo from S1 0.3H all the way up to S2T!

Yup, me too. I started with S1 0.3H and promptly bought a license when S2 license was released. But I still dabble in the demo servers now and then .
Quote from juurme :If the S3 comes out maybe lets add 1 new track to demo from S2 or S1?

Please list for me other PC based racing simulator demo that gives you online racing for no charge, 4 track combinations, 2 track configurations, 1 car park for 10 year olds to smash into each other, 3 vehicle choices and a forum to vent your discontent.

Go on! Start listing all of them!

I am waiting!!

*EDIT* You know what? I think demo users should get a different car and track. How about the UF1000 and the Kyoto Ring oval.

<slams door on the way out>
#18 - joen
Quote from Foropsico :
But in this forum you would find many post telling you that if you want more cars buy the game, and this post are from S2 licensed.

And you somehow feel that is wrong and unreasonable? Do you get everything for free? Being S2 licensed has got NOTHING to do with it. How about supporting the game instead of crying you didn't get enough free content?

Quote :
avarice.

Oh, FFS, yes we are all a bunch of greedy bastards, and the devs are the worst of all. I mean, come on, asking money for something they have dedicated years of work into? How dare they?! They all drive around in Ferrari's laughing at all of us actually paying money for it.

How can S2 buyers be greedy, while we did pay for the game? Explain that to me genius.

I can't believe you lot can actually stand by your idiotic mindset.
Quote from Renku :The demo needs a diet. LFS demo is just too good, many will never buy a licence.

+1, almost half of all players online are demo racers
I had the demo version from back in S1 and I was grateful the devs gave us what they did. Ok there is much less cars than in the full version but you get pretty decent graphics, superb physics simulation, online play (which the devs have to fund btw), 3 different cars (front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, turbo rear wheel drive) and 2 different kinds of track (GP and rallyX). I can think of no other game which gives you all this for free, to use for as long as you like.

Actually I can. Valve released the game 'Race' with a few cars and a couple of tracks for free for 2 days...and i didnt like the game much so technically i could play it for as long as i liked...about 15 mins....then by sheer coincidence i closed and played LFS
When an FFord type car goes in LFS, the demo should be just that car and Blackwood.
Quote from Foropsico :I agree with you, i think they could add a formula and/or a high power car to give you an idea of the diferent behaviour of diferents cars.
But in this forum you would find many post telling you that if you want more cars buy the game, and this post are from S2 licensed. You know, avarice.

Avarice???!!!

Don't you find that a tad hypocritical, coming from someone who wants more content, but is not prepared to pay?

You should take a long, hard look at your pot/kettle interface.

Serp.
I played the S2 demo for about half a year, it was always fun. But buying the S2 License was the best computer-game related decision I have made.
The demo isn't about seeing and testing content, it is about testing the core of the sim, which is the physics and graphics as it is in all sims. Thus with the demo, you get everything available in that respect that you get in licensed S2. It matters not what content is available, the demo is for you to try the sim and see if it is something you would like to pay for.

Would you as a demo user rather have a limited time to try LFS? If they give all the content away for free in the demo, then what would be the purpose of anyone paying for S2? Pay strictly for LFS World access?

Try to think about the purpose of the demo for a change...
Well 1 of the reason why they should add 1 fast car to Demo because if i started playing S2 inline then i was very dissapointed about the fast cars like the formular,and what cars there was end of the list, because when you trying to accelrate then the back turns forward and very hard to accelrate...Even i had a good setup for these cars...
And IF they add an new car then yea why not to add an oval map...I cant even think driving these messy curves in blackwood tracks.

Sorry for my bad english

(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG