The online racing simulator
bosnian pryramids and atlantis
(65 posts, started )
Quote from Rooble : This synchronizing ray is nothing more then planet alignments and its just something the Mayans had worked out many years ago, the world wont end but something will happen.

London Olympics?

Quote from lerts :because i wont only play a non violent game whre you fry noone in his cockpit

When weather is implemented in S3, then people _WILL_ be able to fry in their cockpits...think 3 hr endu races in a BF1 in summer
It's good to keep an open mind about stuff, but you should be a little skeptical as well. Anyone can write a book about 'the way things really are' and publish it on the internet, but just because something's written doesn't necessarily make it true.

You have been warned!
My view on this is the forum exists to support the LFS community. It is not a general find-a-friend forum. While I like to see a flavour of more esoteric and philosophical discussions appearing in the O/T section, when there is a member who ONLY posts O/T stuff like this inviting debate then I'm not personally happy with it. When your only reason for being a part of the LFS community is to discuss O/T stuff rather than contribute positively to lfs-related issues then they are likely to end up getting flamed.
#29 - JTbo
Quote from al heeley :My view on this is the forum exists to support the LFS community. It is not a general find-a-friend forum. While I like to see a flavour of more esoteric and philosophical discussions appearing in the O/T section, when there is a member who ONLY posts O/T stuff like this inviting debate then I'm not personally happy with it. When your only reason for being a part of the LFS community is to discuss O/T stuff rather than contribute positively to lfs-related issues then they are likely to end up getting flamed.

I don't agree with you, but then again, I'm just user and you are moderator so does it really matter if I agree or not

How I see it is that members don't need to enter from LFS to OT, but perhaps from OT to LFS should also be considered possible route?
The 12.000 number makes me excited because i heard it before about the sphinx, the great pyramid, the stonehenge and japanese underwater pyramids.

i think the ancient history is not like what we think according to our pathetic knowledge so far.

http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/SODA_chapter7.html
check this out^^
Quote :London Olympics?

That won't happen either the way things are going *ahem* Wembley was late *ahem*
my point is i race people online and then i talk with them in this board

i think is nerd like to always talk at the same subject myself with friends i talk about what i think, changing subjects, why should i behave different here

i dont wnat to get an s2 and be banned afterwards for discussing great stuff like this changing size vortex(thanks a lot for the link)

if i can race make friends and talk freely though just a week this game is for me

otherwise if im subjected to ban for discussing matters like the link just sent id like to know in advance so i save money

if you want to know me better you can search for raaaid, once exposed who minds, youll see ive been appreciated by a lot of people for a long run
Something to ponder when it comes to supposed supernatural events, past or present, in relation to the concept of time: Humans are obsessed with numbers, and having something meaningful tied to them. In other words, I am debunking all the "the world will end or change significantly in the year XXXX" theories.
#34 - JJ72
Quote from lerts :back on topic i think that on 2012 magnetic field from earth will be 0 and radiation from sun and the blackhole at the center of the galaxy, hunab ku, will be received by human brains without interference

that may give us abilities like mind reading, precognition, telelkinesis, so flying, and so on

AFAIK without the protection of the magentic field, and with direct exposion to outerspace radiation we will be dead in no time.
The truth of the matter is the earth's magnetic field has gone through reversals of polarity at regular intervals through geological time, and is shown be examination of sea bed core samples from around the world. My memory fails me to remind me of the timescale involved but the reversal is quite sudden, and maybe once every 10,000 - 50,000 years. So this will be the first time it has happened when Man and society are witness to it. I don't think we'll all get fried but at least GPS is well enough advanced so we'll all be able to cope when our compasses go doolally for a month.
Quote :that may give us abilities like mind reading, precognition, telelkinesis, so flying, and so on

Do you really believe this stuff, or are you just inviting argument/debate?
Quote :The evidence I've seen suggests that all this global warming malarkey has almost nothing to do with humans, but rather is a cycle the sun goes through every few thousand years.

Agreed, but now the media and politicians have jumped on the "OMG GLOBAL WARMING!1!" bandwagon, the researchers who share our view are never going to be heard.
Quote from TiJay :Agreed, but now the media and politicians have jumped on the "OMG GLOBAL WARMING!1!" bandwagon, the researchers who share our view are never going to be heard.

Well it depends how you look at it. I see the Earth as a whole being an ecosystem that is very finely balanced. We humans are distrubting this fine balance by our activity especially when we still have no proper idea how the earth actually works as a whole. Now to me the Global Warming thing makes perfect sense, if you take a couple of billion cars, factories, (coal, gas, wood.. etc) which are burning oxygen and are producing CO2 the fine balance of gasses in our atmosphere is changing and this "may" or "is" having some effect on this planet as the level of CO2 has increased. Now, trees which our planet is covered with are key to our planets survival as they absorb the CO2 and convert this into energy and eventually grow as what we know as wood. But what human kind is doing is cutting down vast ammounts of trees all over the planet so there is probably and I say probably as I have no idea less trees then there ever been before due to us using it as building material etc....

Now you take a couple of billion cars, thousand of bussineses/factories who are producing vast amounts of CO2 and you take the destruction of forests.... one when actually thinks about it starts to maybe see that an increase in CO2 would be logical. More CO2 and less CO2 absorbtion due to deforestation....hmm not if CO2 traps heat in our planet, an increase in CO2 could be causing our planet to warm up!! hmmm

so I for one am not one of these people that would just disregard Global Warming as utter rubbish, I for one would not like to take the chance and just do nothing incase what the scientists predict is true. I would rather start acting now so that future generations could enjoy all of the things we enjoy today. We need to clean up the environemnt we live in anyway!

I am taking a cautious view... i can accept though that we humans are having an effect on our planet no matter how media/governments exagerate or overhype the issue...

mad
I think there's not much that is OT in an OffTopic board. At least this thread seems fine to me.

But what i am wondering is...

Does the thread starter actually like LFS?
I mean, he mentioned that he would buy an S2 licence maybe... if people will appreciate and not flame him for what he is posting in the OT board?!

I quite don't get it... wouldn't you buy an S2 licence because you'd want to play a racing sim?!

What i'm trying to say is:
If i just want to discuss my opinions about whatever not LFS related topic that i'm interested in, i would do it in the right place.

I like Porsches for example. But there is a great german Forum for that. So i wouldn't bother all people here on the LFS forum with it. Because there is a place where thousands of Porsche enthusiasts want to discuss their hobby. An that place is the german Porsche forum, and not the LFS forum.
Does that make sense?

If you want to play LFS, then this is the right place.
If you don't really like games, racing sims, whatever... and rather just are looking to discuss with people, you might find a better "home" on forums that are related to the topics you are talking about... maybe.
#39 - JTbo
Humans are perhaps not causing global warming, but we have done is make consequences of warming more violent and perhaps even accelerated change somewhat.

Magnetic field has been moving always, reason why nautical maps have corrections. Magnetic north sure is not nowhere near physical north pole anymore.

People have surely weird need to believe that during their lifetime there is going to be something significant events, but that is quite rare so many generations will pass without any events. Also effect of significant events is mostly almost next to nothing to our daily lives.
Better to believe that your boring life will continue as boring to certain death at some point, excitement and enjoyment of it can be found right around when just opening eyes.
in the morning i check the boards in the evening i play online

this is what i love of multiplayer simulations you can pilot but you can also discuss, so you make virtual friends

about becaming superhumans is osmanagich who says it, id just like it more than believe in it

anyway seems quite likely that by 2012 magnetic field of earth could be 0 gaus

thats why i say that maybe the predicted event by the maya was this pole reversal
#41 - JTbo
Quote from lerts :anyway seems quite likely that by 2012 magnetic field of earth could be 0 gaus

Even if magnetic field's polarity would change to opposite snap like that, it still would not lead to 0 gravity.

There are many things in history where something happened, for example earthquake and later some building collapsed when some stranger sit down to front of it, then we can read how mystical man did came by thunder without clouds etc. etc.
Lack of knowledge lead to misbeliefs and rather false conclusions, now many sites I see state similar to that as truth and there are people who try to find something meaning from things that really don't have meaning.
All it creates is confusion and few poor humans lifes being wasted when they found out after 2012 that nothing has been changed.

Remember how it was at year 2000, wold was going to end, all modern system to be collapse, but it had absolutely 0 effect to anything.
Quote from JTbo :Even if magnetic field's polarity would change to opposite snap like that, it still would not lead to 0 gravity.

I was watching a program last year which was based on our solar system but in this episode i saw it was concentrating on Mars. They said that it is strongly possible that Mar's atmosphere was destroyed during its magnetic polarity shift when it was exposed to radiation from the sun. Now it doesn't sound impossible as we still know bugger all. They also mentioned that they found some evidence that possibly our planets magnetic polarity swapped sometime in our million year history. They did also say that earth may possibly be due another swap cant exactly remember why and what causes it but they do say that it is a event that lasts thousands of years so i dont think by 2012 this will happen.. although i guess you can never say never but it looks highly unprobable.

Year 2000 on the other hand was more about the so called millenium bug that was to crash every computer and Christians awaiting the coming of Jesus Christ. Again highly unprobable event if such person as Jesus Christ existed and wasn't actualy just some dude who was different and maybe healled a few people here and there. Christians still do say that he is coming, and when asked why is he 7 years late they say the years arent 100% accurate or something like that.

It's all good people believeing in what ever they want, I have no problem with that. Some people need some sort of believe to find an explanation why we actually exist.
i discovered how to reverse a compass permanently, you just have to move a bigger magnet along the needle from north to south passing by the axle, is like reversing a pullover, you can see when the MF of the needle is 0

the consecuences of a magnetic field of 0 gauss is unknown in human mind cause the gelogical strata when it happened theres no recorded history

if someone wants to make money he can sell caps with a magnet incorporated for when theres no magnetic field on earth XD

but again nobody but the apolo reamined with no magnetic field around, and probably even them had an artificial one

osmanagich says about radiation from stars that will enlighten us, i suggest that this radiation is happening all time but we will only notice when the magnetic field is 0

of course you can say osmanagic is a loony but his discovery has shout the mouth of all experts why couldnt he be right in the rest of the story?
Quote from lerts :if someone wants to make money he can sell caps with a magnet incorporated for when theres no magnetic field on earth XD

Rather then selling caps with magnets, I'd rather if someone was selling anti radiation suits

I've just been reading this article some interesting stuff. But when i was reading about the earths core sudden images from the hollywood blockbuster The Core started to flash in my head.... which btw was a great film in so many ways lol....

About Semir Osmanagic, his discovery of the pyraminds is quite amazing but i dont know how much of the rest of his prediction is likely. He certainly isn't a looney but it just seems a bit extreme to suggest that all of this will happen within the next few years.

btw if there was no magnetic field protecting our planet and a dose of radioation emmited from a solar flare would happen to come our way it would no doubt destroy the planet.

mad
#45 - JTbo
We can nuke ourselfs quite few time even change would be going on right now, quick changes in geology(or what ever magnetic field fits in) means quite few generations indeed

Magnetic field is not very stable, you can see how much your compass is pointing 'wrong direction' by looking these two.

Magnetic north pole 2005 This location is from wiki

Magnetic north pole 1999

Sun is perhaps largest single thread, other radiation is rather small.

Solar winds

Magnetic field

I really don't get it why magnetic field would be 0 even polarity is reversed, surely it does not go north-off-south, but more like turning method, I would believe, but then again I don't know nothing about planet's magnetic fields or how they work, so you better not believe me

Wouldn't it be easier to reverse compass by replacing N with S and vice versa?

Yes, it is good that people study different and not common things, I just wish that sometimes people would be bit more critical/skeptical, some kids go without any doubts into some stuff and then we find 20 or more has done suicide based to some ancient prophecy or similar, that makes me sad, never one should believe so blindly to something.
Have I missed something here. An amateur explorer states some off-the-wall bunkum about cosmic radiation controlling human mind patterns and everyone has to rush round defending why it is not so?
Surely before this stuff is believed, there has to be some rational proof and discussion of the mechanisms involved? In my view it is not so, until evidence and investigation has shown it to be so.
#47 - JTbo
Also must remember that even blind chicken can find a seed, but surely there is few misses in process
There are soo many religions and cultures in the world, and at least half of them said the world to end sometime in the past 20 years. What happened? Nothing, world is still there.
so, :feedtroll
Where on earth do you get this stuff from?
Quote : At least half of the world's religoins have predicted the end of the world during the past 20 years

?
Quote from lerts :i think that on 2012 magnetic field from earth will be 0 and radiation from sun and the blackhole at the center of the galaxy, hunab ku, will be received by human brains without interference

that may give us abilities like mind reading, precognition, telelkinesis, so flying, and so on

bosnian pryramids and atlantis
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG