The online racing simulator
Importing Skins
(13 posts, started )
Importing Skins
I am a little bit of a newb and i cant figure out how to import skins. I already transfered them from my "skins x" folder to my "skins" folder and when i go to texture in the colour section and click on it none of the skins are there. Please Help!!
#2 - Ian.H
The skins are named on a per car basis.. are you using the right car for the right skins? ie: An XRT skin will be named 'XRT_foobar'. If you happen to have the XRG selected as your car for example, you won't see the XRT skin listed.

Might sound like a silly question, but got to be asked

Regards,

Ian
skins_x folder contains crappy 512s, I hate LFSW for that, you have to upload a 1024, but everyone sees a 512 instead, and noone can see what's written on my car's side
I have the right car and everyhting but the textures are still not showing up
#5 - joen
Have you made sure the colour sliders for the car body are set to white?

like this:
i tried that and it is still not working! I am losing my friken mind here!
#7 - Jakg
is the name [Car]_[SkinName]

ie "XRR_TehSkinnehOfTehDoom"
Quote from KSoukup :.....when i go to texture in the colour section and click on it none of the skins are there. Please Help!!

Have you still got the original default skins there to pick from??? If not you have a serious problem. You might want to re-install LFS.

If you can see the original skins in the list still, you might want to make sure you have the new skins in the ACTUAL skins folder, not inside a sub-directory, which LFS cannot see.

eg; this is bad :

Still stuck?
How to use a skin in LFS [and upload to LFSW] http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=11182

------edit-----------------------------------
Some further info about Copying the contents of Skins_x into Skins http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=16934

Make sure you are creating a NEW colour scheme first from the "modify setup"/pit screen. Then once you have done that you can pick a skin by clicking the texture name button.
Attached images
bad structure.JPG
I can still see the default skins. I have no idea what to do
#10 - Gunn
Take a deep breath and start again from the beginning.
Don't forget to first hit new, set all the color settings, then click on the little button at the bottom that says "Default" right next to XRT, then select your skin.

EDIT: It is in JPEG format, right?
yup there all jpegs
#13 - Gunn
Quote from KSoukup :I can still see the default skins. I have no idea what to do

If you can see the default skins and they are in the same folder as the other skins you are trying to access, and those skins are named correctly and are jpgs then you can see them too.
If you are sure you can not see the other skins then one of the above points is not true.

The default skins are jpg files. If you can't see other jpg files that reside in the same folder then you wouldn't be able to see the default ones either. Check the location and name of the skin files in question. Make sure they use the appropriate car prefix XRT_skin.jpg etc. Make sure they are in the same folder as the default skins (lfs/data/skins).

Do you have more than one LFS installation on your hard drive?

Importing Skins
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG