The online racing simulator
The Brits
(15 posts, started )

Poll : Did you watch The Brits?

No
Yes
The Brits
Did anyone watch The Brit Awards Ceremony last night?

If so, what did you think to the live acts and the awards?

Was it fair for Take That to not mention Robbie once during the entire evening and was it fair for Lily Allen to walk away empty handed after four nominations?

Did Russell Brand's risque humour set the mood for the night or did he take it a little too far?

The Winners:

British Male Solo Artist: James Morrison
British Female Solo Artist: Amy Winehouse
British Group: Arctic Monkeys
MasterCard British Album: Arctic Monkeys - "Whatever people say I am, that’s what I’m not"
British Single: Take That - "Patience"
British Breakthrough Act: The Fratellis
British Live Act: Muse
International Male Solo Artist: Justin Timberlake
International Female Solo Artist: Nelly Furtado
International Group: The Killers
International Album: The Killers - "Sam’s Town"
International Breakthrough Act: Orson
Outstanding Contribution to Music: Oasis

Have your say!
#2 - amp88
No, I'm not a fan of the majority of the music and I don't generally like award ceremonies.
I quite like the Killers, but I don't know if they're really the best group around. James Morrison however, doesn't deserve an award. He can't sing and his songs annoy me. :gnasher:
#4 - ajp71
Nice list of bands I either couldn't care about or have never heard of (with the exception of the Killers)
All soft popular guitar based watered down floweryness. Fine for background music but not for serious listening (although some Muse tracks are rocking).
You should rename this topic, I thought this was some Brit related joke thread...
Heard something about Justin Timberlake in context of underground or maybe semiamateur music.
Good to see Muse got best live act! I've seen them down here twice and they're the best live band I've ever seen (incl. Foo Fighters, Metallica, Ministry, Queens Of The Stone Age, Steve Vai, GnFnRs, Fear Factory and others) :up: Certainly wouldn't call them soft either (don't judge them by their singles - check out kick-arse songs like Assassin and Stockholm Syndrome).

Apart from The Killers, the others on that list really don't interest me. I mean, come on - Take That? Are those poodle-trimmers seriously still in business? :doh: Put 'em on a bus with Westlife, drive the bus into a river, hurl the river into outer space
Quote from Chris758 :was it fair for Lily Allen to walk away empty handed after four nominations?

TFFT. She's *awful*. The fact that tripe was nominated signals how worthless the awards are.

Not that I feel strongly about the matter.
So did y'alls award show have a contest to she who gets to sing with Justin during the show like what the Grammys did here?
talk about over hyped marginal talent.

They had a Police reunion performance on the Grammys....Yep, Rooooxxxxannne.... You know, maybe some groups really shouldn't reform.

LOL i can just see "Frankie says reunion tour" T-shirts now. Yuck.

Oasis... they may have been really popular in the UK, but when they toured here in the '90s, all they did was fight with each other

Wait a minute, Bionce didn't get any awards?
Quote from Christofire :TFFT. She's *awful*. The fact that tripe was nominated signals how worthless the awards are.

Not that I feel strongly about the matter.

my god, i thought i was the only person in the world who thought she is a talentless, crap singer

god bless you, lets get together over a pint!!!
mm, Muse.
And The Killers.
Quote from mr grady :my god, i thought i was the only person in the world who thought she is a talentless, crap singer

She is more annoying than Gillian McKeith. But even that scottish hag isn't as annoying as one of those Fratellis songs oh yes... that one.
Muse and The Killers were the only good ones there, and Lily Allen IS an overhyped attention-seeker.
It's all bollocks, if you ask me. I didn't watch it. Oasis for contribution to music? For what? A history of making one song? A career of someone else's?

My girlfriend is a huge Take That fan (and is featured in a few of their videos) and still didn't watch it.

And I do object to Russell Brand's comments, especially since Robbie going into rehab is so recent.

The Brits
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG