The online racing simulator
Fuel Usage Parameter
(9 posts, started )
Fuel Usage Parameter
Sorry if this has been mentioned before I did a search in this forum and couldn't find anything .

With the low fuel usage of cars lately in LFS one really have to do a long race to force a pit stop for fuel reasons . E.G in order to use all my fuel in a f08 on Westhill I would have to do to 60+ laps , that is more than 90min of racing . I would love to see a parameter server side like in rfactor that increases the fuel usage of the cars , that would make league races allot more interesting . Now I know one can enforce a pit stop but I would rather stop for for a real reason than to be forced to pit ( in most cases people just stop and go)
How about putting a cap on max fuel at start and at pit stop?
Changing fuel% used per lap might create issues with the settings of many people (In my case, I make settings for tracks and name them with the fuel % used per lap as it might change with different DF settings, tire pressures, etc.).
true , but if you prepare for a league race surely one would run a few laps to check out the usage , if the parameter is set server side it will be the same for all on that server e.g with your setup you usually used 2% per lap now its 4% . By parameter I meant multiply normal usage by X , be it 2 ,4 or 8 times
Oh, well that also sounds good.
Gonna have to disagree, I prefer to have realistic fuel consumption, weather LFS's current fuel consumption is realistic or not is a different story.

But I personally don't like "scaled" fuel consumption.

A fuel limit cap, like a smaller fuel tank would be a better soloution IMO.
Yeah either way would be fine , would just be nice to have some sort of option to somehow force a pit stop "realistically"
I wouldn't mind accelerated fuel use and tyres a la GTR2. However, I don't use them.

Smaller tanks would be a lot better though.
Quote from noemfie :Sorry if this has been mentioned before I did a search in this forum and couldn't find anything .

With the low fuel usage of cars lately in LFS one really have to do a long race to force a pit stop for fuel reasons . E.G in order to use all my fuel in a f08 on Westhill I would have to do to 60+ laps , that is more than 90min of racing . I would love to see a parameter server side like in rfactor that increases the fuel usage of the cars , that would make league races allot more interesting . Now I know one can enforce a pit stop but I would rather stop for for a real reason than to be forced to pit ( in most cases people just stop and go)

I don't like that. It's not realistic to make cars use more fuel. A fuelcap for the start would be ok though.

Not all cars are that economic. The BF1 on an oval (pedal to the metal for the complete lap) does use a lot of fuel.
#9 - Grunt
I too find that having to make a pitstop 'just because its forced by the server' seems a bit odd, although it does an interesting element to the racing. If im in a race where the server requires me to stop, I will often try and fuel the car so that i need to get a top up about 60% through, although this obviously slows me down on short 'pick-up' races.

I would definately like to see options for smaller fuel tanks, especially in the smaller cars. Its very rare im in an online race where a uf1 will need more than 5% (minimum you can set) to get you through the race! I accept this is probably not the best example, but you get the point.

My 2 cents....

Fuel Usage Parameter
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG