The online racing simulator
Let's discuss some ENDURANCE setup hints!
(10 posts, started )
Hello, folks.
Here comes the newb again

I'm racing on a 32 laps WE Int REV with the FO8 in less than 48 hours...
Here's the catch:
The problem is, my set really doesn't last that much.
And yeah yeah, i know i should take it easier (And i do, honest!) but this set which is pretty good for qualy isn't nearly as good for a "race".

So... i would like to know what settings could/should i change?
Can you guys tell me some "general" hints about that kind of setup too?
The kind which needs to last more than 10min.

As for the driving part:

* Really avoid locking up the wheels,
* Do not make any dorift0 manoeuvres to impress the ladies and all that jazz.
* Even make some agressive turns a little slower to avoid heating up so much the poor tyres.

All right. I hear you, i do.

But now, how about the setup?
What should a poor lad change in order to still be not so slow and have some rubber on the end of the race?

I know it's track dependent but can a FO8 with R2s last some 50min of "agressive" driving (say some second or so from any given WR)?
I know a FOX with R1s can last about that much on most tracks, on that pace.
But i don't know that about the FO8. Can it?

Apart from changing to a harder compound (R3s in this case) and tweaking the camber... what else could i do?

Let's get specific here please.
Even with the camber. I should get it negative (no, it isn't positive by now ) and try to let it as close to 0, or what?

If i do all that i can (which you guys will me instruct here about what that is) and still the car won't last and i change to harder compounds, then how should i set it up? Cause, it gets a lot different, right?

Tell me which values should i change and "how much" (say, cut/add that setting to half or 10 or 30% of your qualy set value and see what you can do with it, that kind of "how much"), i"ll fiddle with those, no problems. I just need to know where to start changing things.

And yeah i know you guys would want this specific set so you could give me some specific (since i got you guys the specific ammount of time i want it to last) suggestions but there's no need for that.

As i said, i would like this thread to be filled with "hints" about making a set LASTING LONGER and not necessarily just BE FASTER at any cost.

That's it.
I hope i made myself clear, i'm kind sleepy and my english sucks.

Here, a carebear to cheer you up, man.

I don't even know what the heck.

ps: psssst, i know a 32 lap race isn't an endurance race, by a long shot, i just chose that title cause it looked so... sexy
i may repeat some stuff what u already said, but anyway
1. use a harder tire.
2. decrease camber
3. use higher pressure for the tires
4. make the suspension a little softer.

these are the points what make the biggest difference without changing ur current setup a lot.
If you are mostly concerned about your tyres, set harder anti roll bars (keeping the front-rear ratio if you want to keep the handling) or reduce wing angles - tyres won't heat as much, you'll need to take turns slower but you might make up for that on the straights. I wouldn't recommend using a harder compound but I know Westhill boils tyres with pretty much any car. Increase camber just a little bit.
I have minimal understanding of setups but I hope I could help.
pump the tyres as high as they can go, run as much camber as you can without the insides getting over about 100-105 degrees after 10 laps. r2's setup like that, pushing very hard, last for approximately 50.1 laps around westhill in the forwards direction

k.david - how do rollbars help?
They alter the weight transferred to the outside wheels in a turn. If the load is more, the grip is more, thus the tyres will heat more.
This makes sence to me but I can't remember where I read it so if it's BS then sorry
Quote from Blowtus :pump the tyres as high as they can go, run as much camber as you can without the insides getting over about 100-105 degrees after 10 laps. r2's setup like that, pushing very hard, last for approximately 50.1 laps around westhill in the forwards direction

k.david - how do rollbars help?

Over inflated tyres can also heat up just as quick as those with less pressure!
Quote from Rooble :Over inflated tyres can also heat up just as quick as those with less pressure!

I've not noticed that in LFS, unless you're talking about only adjusting one end.
Quote from Rooble :Over inflated tyres can also heat up just as quick as those with less pressure!

Only if you start to spin them like mad because of poor throttle control... not going to happen on the combo in question
Always use R2's. Halfway through the race they will cool down and you will have SUPER grip and get REALLY fast times. (Use full pressure for this WE race too)

For wear purposes, use flatter camber (not so high), and higher tire pressures to help keep the tires cooler. At the same time, work with your downforce levels so they aren't too high.

That's all you really got to worry about for endurance. You need to have your tires last the longest, and be at their optimal for the remainder of the race.
This isn't the answer you are looking for, but I'm hoping it will help you during your next event:

No endu set will help you if you don't know how to drive it - unless you go with a more or less 100% secure set. But such a set have its price. It will most likely be very slow.

You need to prepare sooner so you can not only make sure that you have a set that will last, but also to be able to push it hard enough so you can do proper lap times.

Some might help you out with a lasting setup, but that doesn't mean it will last for you... it could though, but that requires to learn the setup.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG