The online racing simulator
OLFSL donation/sponsor
Hello there,

It's me again, Johnathan Russ.

Anyway as you know I'm the donation manager for the OLFSL, this means that I keep a track of all the funds, and use it to pay for all the services that we need, like the hardware and servers etc.

Anyway, one of the things we have discussed for OLFSL is sponsorship...although we are only thinking about it, I wanted to find out if any OLFSL members, or anyone viewing this thread in general, I just wanted to know if there is anyone who has a business or something, and is interested in sponosoring the OLFSL with either donation or prizes for the league? In return I guess, for logos, adverts and mentions on the OLFSL site and OLFSL tv with Fireball etc.
email johnathanruss@flyingfinnracingteam.com or private message me and we can have a little chat to see what could or could not happen.
NOTE At the moment this is just for my research, this does not constitue and official offer from OLFSL.
c'mon
I can't belive no one has contacted me regarding OLFSL sponsorship yet...!

Either none of you have your own business or you don't think that OLFSL is a viable advertising medium
Considering how much viewers the OLFSL-TV and OLFSL can have, Im not that surprised. We are talking about few hundreds of visitors and viewers and they are spread all over the world, so the company should be very international or do Interner business to have any advantage for sponsoring. In nationall race leagues sponsors would be much easier to get. And to be honest, there are much more cost effective ways of making your company known on the wide world of Internet.
you
True blackout, but there might be someone, somewhere that this fits their bill! You never know!
I'm just saying what they are thinking
judas
Judas!
That's guite harsh mate, Im just thinking like the money hungry evil capitalist are. Good luck with it, would be nice to see partners for OLFSL which could make possible to expand things bigger and greater
hahah
I was only joking Blackout! Hmm... yes sadly it all does revolve around money. But we better not get into politics here, orst we'll be in trouble as it is probably a little too off topic!
I would just like to point out its not "all" about money.. although it plays an aspect in things overal its generally down to who you know, What you ask, and HOW you ask. Anything can be done with a bit of co-operation.
oh yes
I do agree Franky500. But me thinks too much of the world (not LFS) revolves around money.

You know, the world grows more food (plant type food) than all the humans on the planet could eat, many times over, but the major proportion of it is fed to cows...(don't get me wrong, I like cows, I really do) To make meat food. So grow food to make food, it's bad maths, and it costs more money too.

It's like building a car that is designed to build other cars...crazy.

I would love a more cooperative world, and this week I joined the cooperative telephone service here in the UK!
the co-op have a phone service now!!!.. god help us all (coming from a co-op retail employee)
Having reciently secured a sponsor for the Clean Racers Club, and having the experience of dealing with donations for a long period of time, one has to ask, whats in it for the company or business to sponsor the OLFSL?

For you, its having the money to support your servers & whatever else to run the league and associated services, but whats in it for the company who are spending the money?
Quote from franky500 :the co-op have a phone service now!!!.. god help us all (coming from a co-op retail employee)

Well if you work for the coop you should know, don't they send newsletters out or something?

http://www.thephone.coop/
Quote from mkinnov8 :Having reciently secured a sponsor for the Clean Racers Club, and having the experience of dealing with donations for a long period of time, one has to ask, whats in it for the company or business to sponsor the OLFSL?

For you, its having the money to support your servers & whatever else to run the league and associated services, but whats in it for the company who are spending the money?

Good question!

Well without going into complicated specifics that would confuse Blackout, I would say, that your company logo and information would be splashed about a bit with anything OLFSL, even on OLFSLtv. You could have adverts on OLFSL tv, maybe even a video/audio interview or movies about your sevice or product etc.
seems to me a good candidate to "hit up" would be an internet sales company...alienware, dell, amd, wicked weasel or perhaps one of the 3d model companies...but I gotta think youd get better results if you actually approached them, they aint gonna come to you and say "hey man can I give you money"

what about striking up a deal with Scawen et al...after all the OLFSL is the LFS league right
oh yah
A decent response to my thread....I am shocked :-)

Well things are a bit chaotic at OLFSL regarding all the flashy non league stuff, like OLFSLtv etc, so this sort of thing will probably might not happen, but you never know.

I didn't expect any big companines to be looking here and give us money, although it could happen, it's not impossible, but I was more looking for OLFSL members who already ran companies, but as I say, the possibility is probably closed now anyway.

Thanks though!
Quote from russraine :I didn't expect any big companines to be looking here and give us money, although it could happen, it's not impossible, but I was more looking for OLFSL members who already ran companies, but as I say, the possibility is probably closed now anyway.

Weird I didn't notice this thread before...
Having hunted for sponsors (for a cycling team) in the past, I think that what they want is:
  • clear visual presentation of what they will get for their buck
  • stats of how many people does it reach out to and what groups of people
  • catchy business ideas - like "donations for our non-profit organization/sporting club are tax-deductable based on economic legislation for your area", etc - the former works wonders at the end of an "economic year" when accountants are looking at ways to show more expenses
What are the kind of costs for sponsors?

Dave
Well, anything is an appreciated donation to OLFSLtv. As far as sponsoring goes, again there isn't really a minimum limit, but if you're after some sort of advert/banner then please contact me by message or email to sort something out :-)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG