The online racing simulator
Kyoto GP Long
(39 posts, started )

Poll : What do you think of GP Long?

It's good, I enjoy racing there.
It's awesome! I could lap there until I die.
OK, just another track to me.
Not really fond of it. I'll race there if I have to.
Dammit I hate that track! *****
Kyoto GP Long
It's simple enough. I love this track. Most people I talk to hate it. Where do you fit in?

You can even post a reason if you like, you know, to prompt conversation.

Personally, I really like this track, it's nice and long and sweepy, with technical corners and some nice bits, and a few slow corner to keep you on your toes. A good mix of left and rights too, which can't be said of some tracks. Hard on front tyres too so makes setups a bit more of a challenge. All it needs to be perfect is a wet surface.
the corners are too long for me, the tyres get knackered too fast. great in an FO8, the detail on the track is very good, the track is too, but i dont think the cars that we have are suited to it, for example the dodgey bumps unsettle the FO8 a little too much, and the FOX is just too slow. UFR is too slow, aswell as getting worn tyres too fast.

the first time i met this track was in quali for the 5th ESL round a few days ago, and i was absolutely nowhere, its pretty hard to learn.

i voted just another track, but thinking about it, i should have put enjoy (if driving in an FO8).
Not really fond of it. I'll race there if I have to.

The long left hander coming into the oval part really pisses me off. It's the same with the oval exit. They just don't feel natural to me. The track is fantastic before the oval bit, not much to say about the rest of the track. What's with the off camber (at least it feels like it) tight left hander in the end huh?

:arge:
Its ok mostly, not 'awesome' but cool. I particularly like the back section area where the 1st split is... up until.. like Huru says... the oval entrance turn and exit turn. Other than that it is pretty cool.

I like Kyoto National and all South City & Fern Bay courses... and I don't really like Aston that much... it seems like Aston is made for cars faster than what we have right now actually.
Quote from Bob Smith :It's simple enough. I love this track. Most people I talk to hate it. Where do you fit in?

Your talking to the wrong people!

I cant get enough of it, doesnt even matter what car, tho favorites are FXO, RB4, FOX and XFR.

Cya Bob!
#6 - nism0
Good track for racing the faster cars, FZR, FOX, etc
I love it. I've done more than a few 1 to 2 hour races there in F08. I can almost get a full tank on Bs. A few more tweaks to the setup and maybe...
#8 - Gunn
I love it. In reversed format I love it twice as much. It is definitely one of the best tracks in LFS and easily the best at Kyoto. Long live long!
Love Kyoto GP Long. Problem is I never see it with folks on in the US. Lately I have, but it's been the FOX and I hate the open wheelers. The FZR is my car. GP Long along with Aston GP are my 2 favorites. I'm not fond of Historic because I don't like the corkscrew thingy. Aston National is nice for evening racing when I'm not on long because you can get many quick races in instead of spinning and waiting half an hour for the next race. I guess that is a little more that the "GP Long, love it or hate it" topic. Wish I saw more GTR's at GP Long.
I am learning it now in the FOX. It is a good track, but except for drafting on the long (semi) straights, the passing opportunities are few.

I do hate the chicane that comes off of the oval and back onto the road course. It is too easy to cut and jump over it. I can take it at 125mph when I am hot lapping but only 110mph if I want to be consistent. It either needs to be a tighter turn with higher curbs, or it needs to be opened up into a sweeper.
Quote from XCNuse :if the devs released the track qurpiz showed everyone a month or so ago
(here: http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1292 )

then i think i would fall in love with KY, and probably feint

Wholy crap that'd make a great endurance track!!!!

Would love to see that configuration to be honest.

Because Kyoto National Reversed is one of my favorite configs, and that combined with Kyoto Long normal would totally rock!
Quote from Tweaker :Wholy crap that'd make a great endurance track!!!!

Because Kyoto National Reversed is one of my favorite configs, and that combined with Kyoto Long normal would totally rock!

Definately agreed. It would be the Fern Bay Black of S2 (Certain people will get me there)
Its a great track, although I think I marginally prefer Aston GP, just because it less irritating corners.
I like it. I like it a lot actuelly, it reminds me of Suzuka, which isn't too bad track either.
I find the tracks in LFS as a whole make for great variety, technicaly, aestheticaly, speed-wise and also for a nice range of different kinds of fights; Kyoto GP's no exception.
If there's a track I don't like much, it's KYnat., it's a bit too flat and featureless.
I voted "its good", I like it dont hate it and it has some nice corners but I may start to love it if I master it someday...I hope that day is today :P
i like it alot. i would like some more medium/lowspeed technical courses but the ones in lfs are good. the more challenging the better.
Wow, that GP long + national is a pretty good config . But please dont put that instead of GP long, just an extra track...

I really like GP long now, except for the chicane exiting the oval part, as mentioned before. I think it should be a really slow chicane, that would provide an extra overtaking spot.
It's awesome, maybe the most GFX detailed also. But I don't master it because I never needed to learn it really - because no one plays it on the servers!
like that track very much also - a shame it isnt used so much on puplic servers. XRR is doing very well there
I chose "It's awesome! I could lap there until I die."Because I, well, could

Quote from XCNuse :if the devs released the track qurpiz showed everyone a month or so ago
(here: http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1292 )

then i think i would fall in love with KY, and probably feint

That track has my UNDIVIDED attention
Quote from Tweaker :Wholy crap that'd make a great endurance track!!!!

I would really like to see this combination. This would get rid of the two parts of Long Huru-aito mentioned and that I don't like either. And such an extra long combination is missing in S2.
Wow...
When I mentioned that combination (would be 12-14, maybe 15 kms long), I thought that it could never happen, and that no-one would even like it...
Good thing to see that there are other ppl too who would like it
It would be my favourite track (EDIT:sry, wasn't thinking straight :P) if it wasn't that frustrating final section with the ice-like tarmac. That part of the track needs to die! :P

Kyoto GP Long
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG