The online racing simulator
Car Suggestions
(50 posts, started )
Car Suggestions
Alright, so i already read through the Sticky.

The Trucks and Dune Buggys, i was gunna sugest. Those would be REALLY fun with the offroad and mudboging tracks.

There is FF, FR, and AWD cars currently avaliable. What would be pretty cool, would be to mabey have a few MR and RR cars avaliable. Just a suggestion
#3 - bbman
Buy S2, and you get 2 RR, 1 MR and your oval with it... Seriously have you ever looked at www.liveforspeed.net and saw what's already in S2?
Quote from bbman :Buy S2, and you get 2 RR, 1 MR and your oval with it... Seriously have you ever looked at www.liveforspeed.net and saw what's already in S2?

Well spotted that he is S1, didn't see that so I didn't bother continuing.
i would like the trucks tho they could b fun
Nvm, i just noticed they have some in S2. Anyways, theres a lot of REALLY good suggestions here, and they should really be taken into consideration. Is S2 where ALL the action is at? because i see way more people in demo, than i do in S1. I take it, most people skip the S1 step, because when looking above peoples avatars on this forum, pretty much everyone has S2
If all of the great suggestions were taken into account then the dev's will never get time to work on what they have planned to work on.
#8 - joen
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Nvm, i just noticed they have some in S2. Anyways, theres a lot of REALLY good suggestions here, and they should really be taken into consideration. Is S2 where ALL the action is at? because i see way more people in demo, than i do in S1. I take it, most people skip the S1 step, because when looking above peoples avatars on this forum, pretty much everyone has S2

Yep, S2 definitely has the action. There will always be more demo racers, because it's free after all. But every new demo racer is a potential licensed racer
Quote from joen :Yep, S2 definitely has the action. There will always be more demo racers, because it's free after all. But every new demo racer is a potential licensed racer

More like 2/5 are to be licensed within two weeks. 1/5 within two days. 2/5 within three months.
But almost every one treated like shit / an outcast by S2 licensed people.. it's a really sad state of affairs.. I'm surprised any demo user visiting these forums buys a license.. hostility is a massive understatement.

Ironically, I'd guess at 95% of the people here were at one point, just "measly stupid demo users".. I certainly was, but have had the game for over 2 years.. does that make me special in some way? not a chance. It's quite sickening to see the response most demo users get, especially when they come up with a legitimate suggestion for a future update.. remember kids, it might just be what sells them the license.. but then someone, already S2 licensed will feel they missed out on "converting" that demo user so won't be able to stroke their cock in satisfaction :rolleyes: How many S2 licensed users here have made suggestions for what they want to see in S3? How many of those same people have pre-paid?

Regards,

Ian
It's not the fact they are demoers I don't think, though of course some of us are wary of people who haven't paid a dime to be here. What is more... annoying (for want for a better word) is when a demo racer signs up, and within seconds is posting improvement suggestions that have been on the cards for years or asking for cars that would require a licence anyway.

There are/have been some demo racers that have been extremely helpful to the community, stick around, and learn the ins and outs of LFS, but are just too 'poor' to afford a licence - we like those people just as much as a paid up user.

The trouble is, it's the demo users that try to crack the game, so the demo racers get tarnished with the same brush. Having said that, people like Phlos (a paid up user) cause trouble too, but go relatively unnoticed (because we know he's got no friends/life and forgive him his childish ways).
Quote from Ian.H :bla

What forum have you been visiting? I've only rarely seen hostility towards demo users without reason... And some of those cases the hostility was even shown from demo users themselves! Yes, there are some paranoid people on here who like their personal witchhunt for crackers... On the other side, go to any forum, don't bother with searching, post something that is so obvious it had to come up quadrillion times, and watch their reactions... It will be no difference to here... Or watch the reactions of the people of an official forum when you admit you cracked their software...

Look how much advice and help they all get if they can be arsed to post nicely... Do you see that? Of course not, you only WANT to see the hostility...

I'm sorry not all of us are do-gooders... No wait, I'm NOT sorry we're do-gooders and have to pamper everyone... And I'd be very disappointed if it would change in any way...
Quote from tristancliffe :It's not the fact they are demoers I don't think, though of course some of us are wary of people who haven't paid a dime to be here.

Please explain why? Why should you, I or anyone else not directly involved with LFS give a shit whether someone paid for it or cracked it? No one seems to jump up and down and criticise people's renders knowing full well half the people creating them are using a bent copy.. why is LFS any different?

Quote :What is more... annoying (for want for a better word) is when a demo racer signs up, and within seconds is posting improvement suggestions that have been on the cards for years or asking for cars that would require a licence anyway.

Hence my use of the word 'legitimate' in my post above.

Quote :There are/have been some demo racers that have been extremely helpful to the community, stick around, and learn the ins and outs of LFS, but are just too 'poor' to afford a licence - we like those people just as much as a paid up user.

There are indeed.. but please point me to a few of these threads.. so far all I've seen is crap like "buy S2 and I'll help you learn to render"... "it's in blah/blah/blah dir.. now go buy a license".. why can't people just offer advice / knowledge _without_ some kind of catch? I wouldn't mind, but no-one that I'm aware of gets a bunce from being a fanboi and religiously trying to force a license down a demo user's throat.. so really, what's the point in trying so damn hard? Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not against the LFS devs making a few quid, they need to for LFS to continue.. but seeing as LFS is so perfect in many fanboi's eyes, there really is no need for them to be so rabid about promoting it... surely the demo user will notice perfection when they see it?

Unfortunately you can't register on the forum without creating a new demo account within LFS itself (via LFS' main site).. I was hoping to get banned the other day by being a demo user as the other thing I've noticed here is that people are guilty until they prove their innocence.. and that's complete bollox!

Quote :The trouble is, it's the demo users that try to crack the game, so the demo racers get tarnished with the same brush.

Again, please explain to me how that affects me, you, Mr Bean or anyone else except Scawen, Vic, Eric and their families... aren't you sick enough of the PC do-gooders in this country without being part of the statistical count?

Quote :Having said that, people like Phlos (a paid up user) cause trouble too, but go relatively unnoticed (because we know he's got no friends/life and forgive him his childish ways).

Again how does that affect you or me or any other general member of LFS / this forum? If there's one type of person in this world I hate (and I do mean hate, with a great passion) it's a grass... and there's waaaaaaaaay too many of them on this forum.

I have an S2 crack lying around on some HDD here somewhere, does that make me some kind of outcast now? even though no-one here is aware why I downloaded it?

If someone registers and shouts "I'm using a cracked copy".. sure, I expect the moderators to do their "job" and deal with the situation, I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to start PMing / mailing people grassing them up and least of all, poking your nose in and making comment as it has sweet FA to do with any general LFS member.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from bbman :What forum have you been visiting? I've only rarely seen hostility towards demo users without reason... And some of those cases the hostility was even shown from demo users themselves! Yes, there are some paranoid people on here who like their personal witchhunt for crackers...

This forum is full of it!

Quote :On the other side, go to any forum, don't bother with searching, post something that is so obvious it had to come up quadrillion times, and watch their reactions... It will be no difference to here...

Naturally, I'm not talking about people that can't think for themselves... again, hence the word 'legitimate' in my post.

Quote :Or watch the reactions of the people of an official forum when you admit you cracked their software...

Exactly! their being the operative word.. not your software, not my software, not tristan's software, Scawen, Vic and Eric's software.. now tell me how you fit in amongst those 3.

Quote :Look how much advice and help they all get if they can be arsed to post nicely... Do you see that? Of course not, you only WANT to see the hostility...

Of course I see it.. but there's at least a 50/50 split of genuine advice only and advice that comes with some kind of prompt to buy a license.

Quote :I'm sorry not all of us are do-gooders... No wait, I'm NOT sorry we're do-gooders and have to pamper everyone... And I'd be very disappointed if it would change in any way...

I pity you.. that you feel you have to be involved in other people's lives. I can only assume your own doesn't satisfy you enough

Regards,

Ian
So why don't you stick to your advice and care about your own things rather than telling us what to do? Why do I even bother, when you clearly can't tell a humorous phrase apart from a prompt...

The world is no fluffy cuddling place, get on with it or die of depression and shattered world view, I don't care...
I do get on with my own life.. I was just curious as to why demo users are treated so inferior to licensed users by the same people who were once in that situation too. You brought up the part about being proud to be a do-gooder, thus meddling in others lives.

As for all cuddly n crap, if you _knew_ me at all, you'd know damn well how much I already know that

Regards,

Ian
Quote from xWolFx :More like 2/5 are to be licensed within two weeks. 1/5 within two days. 2/5 within three months.

I was one of the people who within two days purchased a licence. unfortunaly, i have the ever popular S1 licence, basicly still forcing me to race online in demo, because NOBODY is online in s1
There's the STCC Bronze 1a server, that's S1 and always seems to have people in it. Sure it's hardly a selection, but not quite nobody. Although this is during European times, the server could well be empty when the US players are about, I read a lot of them complaining they struggle to find good racing even in S2.
if there was going 2 b ny new cars on LFS, id like to see mabe a classic F1 car (1980's) turbo at 900-1000 BHP no traction control ect just a proper machine where drivers actuly had 2 drive, not reliy on tc or abs ect, that would be fun and show who are actuly the drivers that can handle, o and of course none of those fancy aerodynamics, just the plain old wings that they had,

ny 1 agree or am i just babaling on about some s***?
Quote from James Montgomery :[ snip ]

ny 1 agree or am i just babaling on about some s***?

I'd agree with the latter part.. until you learn to type with correct English, not some illiterate "txt spk"
Quote from Ian.H :Please explain why? Why should you, I or anyone else not directly involved with LFS give a shit whether someone paid for it or cracked it?

Mmmh, because i paid it?
I hope that this example helps my bad english:
You speed.
You get a speeding ticket from police.
Fair, you were speeding!
The car behind you was also speeding.
Police let him go.
You start yelling at police "why i have to pay and the other guy not"?
Why i have to pay for LFS and others not?
Am i idiot then?

Im also tired of this bash the demo user attitude, of course they dont pay but the have less content! If they need more they will buy it, if they just like to make a race once in a while or are not car fanatics or whatever i dont see the point in buy LFS.And i dont see the point for criticize them for that.
My 2 cents.
Again sorry for bad english!
ok im only going 2 say this once,

i am dyslexic, (do not call me a tosser coz im not sure if thts how u spell tht, know how 2 say it but spell no) some words r harder then others so i use txt lingo, to speak.

Plz dont take the p***
Quote from Rubenz81 :Mmmh, because i paid it?

Nothing to do with it. I write code for a living.. sometimes, I do things voluntarily, does that give my customers a right to shout "hey.. you did that for free for them!!".... of course not, it's down to me.. there's a price I charge, if they want my services, they pay, if not, they go without.. just like it's down to the LFS devs, not you or me. There's a charge for LFS, we've paid it.. it matters not whether Scawen et al decide to give 5000 copies away as prizes, someone else cracks it, whatever... we've done what's required, end of story.

Quote :I hope that this example helps my bad english:
You speed.
You get a speeding ticket from police.
Fair, you were speeding!
The car behind you was also speeding.
Police let him go.
You start yelling at police "why i have to pay and the other guy not"?
Why i have to pay for LFS and others not?
Am i idiot then?

And that's happened to me. I was "casually" cruising home in my old Cossie one evening and a friend happened to spot me and gave chase in his little Mini.. went flying past me like I was going backwards.. low-n-behold, he was spotted by police.. who was pulled over? I was... why? because my car was "different" and young "kids" don't drive Cossies (at least their own) apparently. What would kicking up a fuss have gained me other than a visit from traffic coppers to give my (perfectly legal) motor a serious going over? nothing.. there's sweet FA I can do about it.. plus, I wasn't about to grass someone else up. You're not the "police", neither am I, neither is anyone else on this forum except the 3 LFS devs (and appointed moderators / staff).. whether people used cracked software has sweet FA to do with anyone here unless they happened to have written that software.

Seriously, how many go running to discreet to check whether people have legit 3DS licenses? I'd put money on no-one yet it's worth a damn sight more cash than LFS... and I bet only 5% of people showing off renders here have a license for it.

Quote :Im also tired of this bash the demo user attitude, of course they dont pay but the have less content! If they need more they will buy it, if they just like to make a race once in a while or are not car fanatics or whatever i dont see the point in buy LFS.And i dont see the point for criticize them for that.
My 2 cents.
Again sorry for bad english!

Totally agree with this. I really don't play games that often and in most cases, a demo would suffice for me as I get bored of them very quickly, so why would I pay for something I might only use for 3 or 4 weeks to pass the time? If I'm content with what's offered in the demo, then that's good enough.. but alas, most of the "speakers" on this forum don't see it this way.. they seem to see it like people are thieving straight from the dev's pockets.

Your English is fine btw and waaaaaaaaay better than anything I could say in Italian

Regards,

Ian
Quote from James Montgomery :ok im only going 2 say this once,

i am dyslexic, (do not call me a tosser coz im not sure if thts how u spell tht, know how 2 say it but spell no) some words r harder then others so i use txt lingo, to speak.

Plz dont take the p***

I can be a bastard sometimes, but I don't take the piss out of people with genuine difficulties, whatever they may be and you spelt it just fine

I certainly didn't mean 'illiterate' for the majority of your post, only the 'ny' and 'u' etc... I don't criticise people's spelling on forums.. christ, I make enough typos / grammatical errors myself when I type and I'm pretty good in the spelling / grammar department.. it's just that these days, it seems that kids don't get a proper education and it's all "u r t3h c00l".. and that really bugs me, the same as people using 'w/' for 'with' (I mean, htf did that come about!? ). It just shows a complete lack of education and laziness to me.

Anyway.. I definitely wasn't taking the piss and the spelling itself in your post I wasn't making a comment on, only the text I see associated with kids that have a mobile phone permanently stuck to their thumbs.

Apologies if I caused offence, but hope you understand I wasn't aiming my comments at your general spelling (just the "txt stuff") and obviously had no idea of the situation.

Regards,

Ian
Go Ian, i'm with you!
I said it noumerous times, that LFS really has this some kind of Cultish attitude, and i don't like that, because that makes me cultish automatically because i am a member of this community.
I think it's the case that people here have too much spare time, so they find really amusing to have a go on a demo user, and trying to get them on the S2 wagon, thinking that they will be on LFS credit's list or something like that.. and become Scawen's best virtual friends.
Guys, lay off of that, go have some real life, this internet is really a great thing, but come on, do you really have nothing better to do, than to "scan" for demo users posts, and try to convert them in the all mighty S2 world?
When you read someone's post, it may sound like it's some kid, with the cracked game, but it could very well be the case, that it is some guy, ~30 years old, that heard for LFS, tried the demo, and thaught maybe, hey, maybe i should suggest a Nurburgring track for this game, it has great physics...
Do you really think that a guy, who has a REAL life, really searched through "improvement suggestions", and that he knows about LFS history, that it's only 3 guys doing it, and that they really deserves the money, etc?
Probably not... and what can he see when he comes home and check the forum of that game with great physics??... comments like "NOOB you are suggesting Nurburgring, it was sugestted 1337 times!! Go buy S2, you have a Nurbugring there!!"
Think about it..

Car Suggestions
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG