The online racing simulator
Server problems?
(9 posts, started )
Server problems?
Guys, over the last maybe 3 days my LFS has had trouble connecting.

Symtoms are; VERY slow server update - like 1 per second. When I join a server chances are "Didn't receive track info" and other failures like that. I've just managed to join a server only for me to lag out 4 times - I gave up.

I'm not running anything in the background. I've also checked out BF2 online and it works fine and offline games are fine - it is ONLY with LFS.

Has anyone else seen his? It will be a problem for the first OLFSL race tomorrow!!!
havent had any of those problems in the past few days.
maybe ur isp is messing up?
Like I say, other online games are fine, just LFS. That would not point to my ISP.
tried redownload / install?
there are 5 similar threads associatted with this issue - see below in Technical threads.

As yo will see I have a long post regarding it.

Anyone who reffers you to your ISP, is probably giving the correct advice - however... I really dont think it is.

There was a server shut down yesterday, Scawen and Victor were onlnie - and they mentioned in passing that there was a technical issue with the server - which meant they had to shut down.

My impression is that they are aware of something amis - but if its related to your and my issue - then I hope they can fix it.

Other wise - thats nothing that can be done at this point in time until the Devs come out with a statement of some form that says - they have an issue of not.

Please bear in mind - no official statement has been made - and my comments above are assumptions based on what I have read.

Last bit of advice - read through the other threads and follow the checks that are emntioned.
Thanks, looks like a few people may be affected.
I really don't think it is a software issue, reinstalling won't solve it.
Quote from horrgakx :Like I say, other online games are fine, just LFS. That would not point to my ISP.

Sorry, but that is utter bollocks.

I sincerely apologise if that offends you, but you're talking utter bollocks.
You really ARE an angry angel aren't you?
I've found it to be a network (BT) issue;

Results for exchange: Whitehaven
Congestion status on this exchange is RED.

Your telephone line has been identified as being on a congested exchange. If you are receiving varying speeds between 400kbs - 2000kbs at different times of the day this is likely to be a result of the congestion issue.

A provisional date of Feb 16, 2007 has been set for upgrading this exchange.

I'm not offended, I think its sad you had to post that really.
Quote from horrgakx :I'm not offended, I think its sad you had to post that really.

Meh. Sorry I've been having a crap weekend and I'm taking it out on everyone, except those that should be getting a verbal beating. The problem is around here is that some people take me the wrong way, hence loads of apologising

Server problems?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG