The online racing simulator
Snow!
(105 posts, started )
A little bit snow here, but it's a bit too wet to be much use.
Here it's been snowing quite heavily again since 3 this morning, we've actually got more snow today than yesterday... jolly good
it's started to snow heavy here as well from about 5am, but it's settling great and coming down really fast, yay!

frenchy
Only like .5cm of snow here, -3C outside.

School has only been closed once during all the time I've gone to one, it's was late october 1996 I believe, about 30ish cm of snow came during one night. Way earlier than anyone had expected snow to come.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :maggot, i think trying to get to work, which going there is mostly up-hill, is quite tricky in a 470+hp RWD car? so what does this have to do with my dad being a bad driver? he just decided to take the range rover because it's 4wd and he does'nt want to wreck his cosworth? please at least ask me why i think it would be imposible to drive there in his cosworth before you criticise any of my family please,

frenchy

That was not a direct insult to your father, it was a generalization. Although, I suppose if you don't get much snow at all, it is a little different. Around where I live, despite the fact that we too don't get much snow at once, if you don't know how to drive (any) vehicle in poor weather, you don't deserve the privelage of having a license. That's just my opinion, though.

I realise the reasons your dad chose the range rover, I would have picked it, too, were I in his situation. That doesn't change the fact that you should be able to drive in conditions of light snow, in nearly any vehicle. Buddy of mine's father had a 911 which he drove all winter long for several years, never an issue with it, even in conditions of 8 or 9 inches of snow. But, like I said, you don't get much snow so I guess I can see the difference. Either way, I'm entitled to my opinion.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :it's started to snow heavy here as well from about 5am, but it's settling great and coming down really fast, yay!

frenchy

Yup, in Pershore, which is south of Redditch and its coming down quite nicely ATM. Its not settling tho ............yet!!
Quote from herki :no need for one if you have the internet
http://www.google.de/search?q= ... cial&client=firefox-a

I'm not an internet noob, only a dialup user at home. Didn't want to take the time to load up another webpage .

Again, about the cold and school closings. At the beginning of the week, schools closed for the -5 F temperatures. An article was in the newspaper about school closings and winter weather and there was quotes from Michigan (US) about how they don't close schools until they see -30 to -35 F temperatures (-34.444 to -37.222 C, I'm at work and have my conversion proggy ).
#83 - JTbo
I have ever got day off from school because of snow or cold weather, when it was enough cold we were allowed to stay indoors while between lessons, but that had to be really cold weather, normally it was not allowed to stay inside.

But of course here everyone has to be prepared for cold and snow as at normal winter we have snow for 5-6 months, this winter however has been bit shorter and temperature changes have been more extreme, global warming issue that is not so much of warming, but making changes of weather being more extreme.
Still snowing in Oxford...getting heavier now...
Biggest problem is that I'm halfway through having my house renovated and have only got 50% of my walls!

(see attached piccy )
Attached images
01080001.JPG
Snow is goood!!!! :lovies3d:
3ft of powder I just hope winter never ends...
Attached images
DSC_1463.jpg
DSC_1522.jpg
DSC_1540.jpg
We had quite a bit more snow here today, so I had to go taking more pics!

Click to enlarge this one... it's too wide, breaks the forum, hehe.

#87 - mr_x
weather for Consett, nr Newcastle, UK.

4-5 hours of heavy snow still falling, 2-3 inches fallen so far, busses going sideways down hills, car accident outside my house, all roads pure black ice with a blanket of snow over it.
Well in here, the snow unfortually didint come yet, but instead we got this awfull worm weather, with a horrible blue sky, and a sun that is so ugly, and those togheter with the bea(bit)ches, makes a letal combination... so i guess you guys are lucky fellas....

Pics to come....

Sorry couldnt resist
Picture from my garden. Im quite amazed at how much snow has settled.
The table shows how deep the snow is lol, i measured it and it was 5.5 inches, but then within about 30 mins it had snowed enough to cover my foot prints so who knows how deep it is now. lol.

N.B. If you look half way down the picture on the very right - can yous see the car
Attached images
Garden.jpg
#91 - JTbo
Funny this global warming, you guys at UK get similar amounts of snow as we.
I'm bit worried, in 30 years if weather goes even wilder at this rate we need to go to bunkers when there is storm etc.
#92 - Davo
Gota say I prefer having a 40c degree day than snow. I like my snow in small doses preferably on weekends and when I've got a snowboard strapped to my feet.
Snow was on the big cable news channels tonight. Wife was watching so I had no choice in the matter (I don't normally watch TV). I saw something like areas of northern New York state here in the US was buried under like 8 feet of snow!!!
#94 - JTbo
Quote from mrodgers :Snow was on the big cable news channels tonight. Wife was watching so I had no choice in the matter (I don't normally watch TV). I saw something like areas of northern New York state here in the US was buried under like 8 feet of snow!!!

We got snow 2 months late, maybe error was found out and extra snow was tossed to UK and New York

Link to CNN story about snow in New York, then there was also this pic, that shows well how lot of snow at once can be a problem
No snow here - Pissed off and too wet! as its been pissing it down here for hours. but not a sign of snow at all.

Atleast i get a fivver though, I bet my boss it wouldnt snow
#96 - mr_x
Quote from The General Lee :No snow here - Pissed off and too wet! as its been pissing it down here for hours. but not a sign of snow at all.

Atleast i get a fivver though, I bet my boss it wouldnt snow

if it makes you feel any better it hasn't stopped snowing here since about 4.30pm... that's almost 10 hours straight without it stopping! Got well over 6 or 7 inches here and the worst isn't due until the end of tonight
#97 - JTbo
mr_x - Really? Nothing outside my window (except rain).
same... small bit of snow left, but it's sleet/rain now - in blaydon btw
Ditto.

Just horrible slush, and it is just raining non stop now.

Snow!
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG