The online racing simulator
Snow!
(105 posts, started )
Hmm, only had a little snow the other night, much less today/last night than there was the night before. Perhaps it's moving down the country.

On the whole the lack of snow this year has been disappointing. Really must go on holiday to Finland or something.
It has just started to snow here, but it is so light it'll never settle. :/
Bit more rain, still no snow. Not expecting any at all now. Bit annoying really, had to cancel a trip because the stuff, and yet I get none to play with down here Although theres been that much rain there's some minor water damage to the ceiling in my bedroom, bit concerning.
The snow keeps on falling here, been 9 hours with only two ten minute brakes between snow showers . At the rate things are going, it'll freeze tonight and be here tomorrow.
I'm still waiting for my boss to pick me up, that's the last I heard anyway. Only 2 hours and 15 minutes left of work time.
#55 - Vain
Currently it's just wet. But two weeks ago there was a small patch of snow a few hundret meters from here.

... Winter's on vacation this year. Don't know where it went though.

Vain
Not a GREAT deal of snow around here (maybe an inch or two), but been out taking a few photos:

#58 - CSU1
Ok my neighbour is an ASSHOLE!!!, what pranks could I use with His car + snow??? anyone ??? IT'S A SNOWING WeeehAAAY>>>>
somehow, unlock his car and throw lots of snow into his car so its cold and wet when he gets in it

p.s, someone crashed into my dads car when he was coming home from work, NOOOOOOOOO

frenchy
Quote from thisnameistaken :Nothing yet here in York, but it's still cold as a witch's tit. Brr!

hahaha, I like that expression. It's frickin freezing here, too. -31 Centigrade with the windchill last night. (-23.800000000000004 Fahrenheit for you non-metric heathens!) We've got a little snow strewn about, maybe an inch or two.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :it would've been impossible in his cosworth or something. but it is very deep here, when i stick my feet in the snow, it goes past my ankle by about the length of my middle finger

6 inches of snow, and it's impossible in a cosworth? I thought southern Ontario had bad drivers illepall

Quote from danowat :Just goes to compound the utter stupidity of this country, we get 2 inches of snow and they close hundreds of schools, people start phoning in work "I can't get in, I am snowed in", and the travel system grinds to a halt.

Same here; Our drivers suck so at first sign of snow or rain we get several crashes. There are some legitimate incidents, though, which are definately due to the conditions. A few nights ago, there was a 30 car pileup not to far from here as a result of snow-squals (whatever the hell that is.. LOL) and a tanker truck blew up.

Quote :Pathetic, good job we don't get the weather in Eastern Canada , Finland, Norway or Sweden get isn't it......

It's funny... this particular part of Canada (Toronto area) gets almost no snow. We have about 2-3 inches max usually, the problem here is the damned cold! It's freezing!

Quote from mattupson :What's it like where you live? We have about 2 inches of the white goodness

College closed, as are most of the schools around here. God, im such a child at heart.

Matt

2 inches and the college is closed! WTF!? We could have 6 feet and everything be open still. My college will only close after 2pm, no matter the conditions. If they close sooner than that, they don't get paid by the government for that day. In all my life, we have only had one snow-day here, and it only applied to the stupid catholic school board. School busses are frequently cancelled in the winter, but there's no snow days to speak of.

Bah! ... 2 inches. Pansies!

I can't wait till it warms up, though. The heck ever happened to that whole global warming thing anyways? Why do i still have to freeze my nards off while walking accross the parking lot to Tim Horton's on my lunch breaks every night?

What I can't understand is why we get hit so hard on both extremes. With windchill, it'll drop as low as -40 at times (Both C and F apparently equal out at -40 according to this site...) and in the summer, it'll hit 45 Centigrade (113 Fahrenheit)!! I hate the Southern Ontario climate so much, I wanna move out to BC or Calgary.
Had about 4 inches here, first time it's snowed properly where I live for about a decade. Train was an hour late even with its snow plough
Quote :It's been around -31 to -26 while walking to work for the past couple of days. People jogging, going to school, not much of a hassle except our national railroads are in chaos causing much grief to business travelers.

Heek!

Here in south-western Siberia I enjoy a warm winter. Averagely -5..-10 since the end of november. Never saw such a weather in winter. This year, it has only once been -20 or below. Just a few degrees sub-zero is perfect!

Some photos. This is SNOW!
1. In the yard. Piles 1+ metre high.
2. Someone skidded here, made quite a hole
3. Snow in the wood.
Attached images
IMGP2027.JPG
IMGP2033.JPG
IMGP2043.JPG
So Siberia has really moved west, how nice
Quote from Bean0 :You just reminded me of this...

Don't know which one is the original but here is another version

Quote :+15 C This is as warm as it gets in Finland, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Finns are out in the sun, getting a tan.

+10 C The French are trying in vain to start their central heating. The Finns plant flowers in their gardens.

+5 C Italian cars won't start, The Finns are cruising in cabriolets.

0 C Distilled water freezes. The water in rivers in Finland gets a little thicker.

-5 C People in California almost freeze to death. The Finns have their final barbecue before winter.

-10 C The Brits start the heat in their houses. The Finns start using long sleeves

-20 C The Aussies flee from Mallorca. The Finns end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-30 C People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth. The Finns start drying their laundry indoors.

-40 C Paris starts cracking in the cold. The Finns stand in line at the hotdog stands.

-50 C Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole. The Finnish army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-60 C Korvatunturi (the home for Santa Claus) freezes. The Finns rent a movie and stay indoors.

-70 C The false Santa moves south. The Finns get frustrated since they can't store their vodka bottles outdoors. The Finnish army goes out on winter survival training.

-183 C Microbes in food don't survive. The Finnish cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273 C ALL atom-based movent halts. The Finns start saying "it's cold outside today".

-300 C Hell freezes over. Finland wins the Eurovision Song Contest.

the last joke kind of doesn't work anymore
The Finnish one is the original one
LOL I like it! Although I must say, the Aussies would have deserted Mallorca the moment the mercury dipped below +20 C

As usual in Melbourne in February, it's sunny and delicious with every chance of hail, hurricanes or plagues of locusts - which will last for five minutes before reverting to sunny and delicious. Snow? Don't make me laugh. With our reservoirs at less than 40% full, we're glad if anything wet that falls from the sky doesn't evaporate before it hits the ground. The nights have started to cool noticeably though - last night I actually wore jeans. Dead-set, no kidding, long pants! Didn't need socks or a jacket, but jeans in February! Bloody El Nino. Bah!

I've seen snow once. It was about 1996 in the Adelaide Hills (several decades after the last decent snowfall, apparently). Mum came running into my room early one morning, where my friend and I were happily hungover, and started screaming excitedly about something. To shut her up I got out of bed and saw there was perhaps an inch of snow on the ground! Very exciting. We wrote our names (well, the assembled males did), built an 8 inch snowman on my brother's car, threw some grey, gravelly snowballs at each other and by lunchtime it was all gone. Super :up:
maggot, i think trying to get to work, which going there is mostly up-hill, is quite tricky in a 470+hp RWD car? so what does this have to do with my dad being a bad driver? he just decided to take the range rover because it's 4wd and he does'nt want to wreck his cosworth? please at least ask me why i think it would be imposible to drive there in his cosworth before you criticise any of my family please,

frenchy
Just got 6 cm of snow here, and temperatures have been hovering around -10 to -20 C for the past week. We may see a sweltering -5 C on Sunday. Bleh. This is cold for my part of the world.
#69 - JTbo
Quote from mattupson :What's it like where you live? We have about 2 inches of the white goodness

College closed, as are most of the schools around here. God, im such a child at heart.

Matt

Last time I did go past my car there was snow up to top of rear bumper, can't see tires anymore, well maybe bit top but it is pretty well covered to snow.

Only -33C tonight, weather getting warm again, had -38C earlier here :P

Lot of modern cars frozen also, can't stand proper winter weather I guess again more reasons to prefer older cars
Heh, the only time I've come close to experience such temperatures was at the meat locker at Tesco but that was bearable in nothing but a shirt for a few mins.
#71 - JTbo
Quote from Bob Smith :Heh, the only time I've come close to experience such temperatures was at the meat locker at Tesco but that was bearable in nothing but a shirt for a few mins.

It is not too bad, at day time there is only around -20C so no problems getting outside, yesterday I had too much clothes on, it was getting quite hot after 1 hour walking to shops. Of course we don't have this kind of weather too long, just few weeks in a year at max.
Quote from Bob Smith :Heh, the only time I've come close to experience such temperatures was at the meat locker at Tesco but that was bearable in nothing but a shirt for a few mins.

As it's been -5 F the past few mornings (what was that, -15 or -20 C? don't have my conversion proggy here), thus I go outside every morning before jumping in the shower to start the car. My shoes are outside in the unheated enclosed porch which I slip my bare feet into, and all I usually have on is a t-shirt and shorts. Of course, there is usually a little snow I need to knock off the car, then get in the car and crank her sloooooowly as the battery is about done for. I do get a bit chilled as this takes 5 minutes or so....

The best part is after getting it started, jumping in the shower with only the hot water running, yea!!!!!
Was talking to couple of friends last night, one from Missouri, the other from near Luton, and the one from Luton was saying that schools and businesses had closed etc just for a few inches of snow, then the guy from Missouri said, School closures etc etc just for a few inches? we still have stuff open for business even with a few Feet of snow, I just couldn't stop laughing at that... made me laugh like crazy lol...

Because he is very right, Britain comes to gridlock because we aren't equipped for it (let alone dont expect it) and people don't know how to drive in adverse conditions such as this (or even when its dry).

Hardly got any snow here in Essex, (well i did wake up at 1:30 in the afternoon) my mum said the road was covered, but by around 4pm it had almost gone. Although I reckon there will be alot of Black Ice today due to the fog.
Quote from Blaeza :Here in Thamesmead, London, it's snowing a bit, but I don't think it'll last very long. The Missus left about half 8 and I couldn't resist launching a snowball at her! However, I missed

Now it's all gone!:cry:

post 400!:boing: :yikes:

Snow!
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG