The online racing simulator
STCC New and Bronze Server constantly won by Gold holders?
I am very new to LFS and have recently started racing on the fantastic STCC New and Bronze server, however it would appear that the top field always seem to be silver and gold licence holders.

I was wondering is this what is supposed to happen? I would have thought that silver and gold holders would be on the silver and gold servers. Can these licence holders still progress their silver and gold licences when racing on the new and bronze server? If they can i can see why they race on there, its easy pickings with the newer and slower racers making up the field.
Personally i nip into the new & bronze server for a race now and again if the silver & gold is full,
Correct me if im wrong but silver & gold holders cant get points if they are in the mini server, but can in the xf/xr server??.

So in theory if you a copper or bronze racer its best to race in the mini server as silver and golds will tend not to race in there as they cant get any licence points,

Please step in if my information is misleading,
#3 - Bean0
Oi, what about us Platinum licensed ones

Points for silver and above licensed racers are severely reduced on the bronze servers, you even get a warning when you join.

I pop in every so often, especially if I can't get onto the Silver/Gold server. Even if the points scored are minimal, they're still points
Sounds like an exploit if you ask me
If the system worked the way it was supposed to, that would mean the higher license holders were almost guaranteed a win against lower license holders, therefor essentially making it a competition split between 2 classes.

I'd prefer it if the upgraded license holders couldn't go backwards the same way lower licensees can't go forwards.

I don't mind the N&B server too much, but there are some absolute morons on there sometimes. I have yet to see a T1 where there's not at least one person spun off the track. Several times I've wondered if my car is the only one with brakes.

I always thought if the car in front of you slows down, so should you. Obviously that's a noob mistake
I wouldn't say contantly won by silver or higher. I think if silver or above licenced racers enter the new and bronze then they have a better chance of winning as would assume they are more experienced.
I spent a night on new and bronze and got bout 70%-80% of my bronze to silver licence as i was fast enough against the others to get the fastest lap on some races and usually finish in the top 3.
Quote from Dajmin :I'd prefer it if the upgraded license holders couldn't go backwards the same way lower licensees can't go forwards.

i think this should be the case as well really, otherwise like you say, the competition isnt fair, and you end up being able to score more points when the gold and silver racers arent in the field, meaning its a bit of a lottery.

And i know what you mean about the banger racers, plenty of times i have been deliberately, and theres no other word for it, forced off the track, only for the offending player to disconnect before i can type an angry smiley lol
#7 - Jakg
Quote from dynofiend :I am very new to LFS and have recently started racing on the fantastic STCC New and Bronze server, however it would appear that the top field always seem to be silver and gold licence holders.

I was wondering is this what is supposed to happen? I would have thought that silver and gold holders would be on the silver and gold servers. Can these licence holders still progress their silver and gold licences when racing on the new and bronze server? If they can i can see why they race on there, its easy pickings with the newer and slower racers making up the field.

erm, last night i was on the New & Bronze (both 1a and 1b) and won almost every race, it was in a car i enjoy, and although i earnt points, it didn't earn me many, i had some good battles, and was driving the XRG@FE1R, a track which the XFG dominates - i helped people and had fun myself, i love the XRG (and UF1!) and i'd be VERY annoyed if i couldn't race on one of my favourite servers!
Well if your platinum licensed you cannot make any points on the bronze server I think this also goes for Gold and possibly silver, not 100% sure on that though.
#9 - Jakg
you do make points on any server (even though it tells you that you don't), you just dont make that many
Even though it says 'Warning: Your license will not progress while driving this car' (or something like that)?
#11 - Jakg
yup, becky put that in, but it stil gives you points - try it for yourself if you want
what about still allowing access to all licence holders, but discounting anyone higher than bronze holders from the points scoring? is that possible or is that not fair?
The system should stop scoring points if you are 'too high' for a particular car/server. I dont recall the cut off from the top of my head, but basically the feature never really has worked as intended and despite several re-codings it always seemed to allocate points anyway. After the last revision nobody mentioned it again, so I assumed it was working but i'm not 100% on that.

To be honest, I am not that bothered as on the scale of things the points available on those servers make very little difference to the higher licenses.

The purpose of the STCC system is to make available higher servers to drivers who the system feels is appropriate (and only an admin can take that away if, after a Human review, they feel it is not appropriate you drive there). It isn't the intention of the system to deny content, so removing the ability for drivers to play on lower servers after going through the system would be a little harsh.

If this means that drivers on lower servers cannot progress their licenses because they are beaten by silver (and above) license holder playing with the slower cars for a night - then they will find themselves beaten by the same driver when they reach the silver and above servers too. So remind me again, why should the system give them points?

I dont mean that in a harsh way, anyone who races within the rules and doesnt act like a spoilt brat is welcome on the STCC servers in the general sense, but the 2 higher race servers are a privalege you earn by proving yourself worthy rather than something you can expect to get. That would even apply to Scawen & co if they decided to show up. It applies to me too, i've not yet spent the time to earn platinum - I only set my own license to platinum status for event weekend, it's back to Gold now. I've not earned the right to race on the top server, even though I set it up.
I do agree what Becky has written. I'm new to LFS, as well as to STCC. However, I'm a racer in real life, kart and formula. I know how to race, though not the best ones. I earned by bronze license in a day or two, and I'm now around 70% to silver license. I cannot say I am always on the podiums in the server, but I am competitive to stand on the podium. I've raced those silver and even gold license holders, and still I manage to have a close fight between them.

I think that many of the guys who participating in the STCC servers are working their best to be one of the STCC drivers in one day, right? At least, I'm one of those, impressed by the movies of the STCC. How clean those guys are, and how fast those guys are... reminded me the feeling of real-racing when I was in my home country. I missed that feeling, I'm now in Seattle studying in a uni. LFS has occupied all my time in my leisure time.

So guys, practice hard, and beat those silver or gold license holders. They are fast, but not the fastest. You can keep up with them, if you can't, how can you be a STCC driver or a platinum license holder?

BTW: Still havent seen a single platinum license holder racing in the bronze and copper server thro. Would like to meet with them Hope that I can get my silver license in a day or two, and proceed to the next server.
#15 - Jakg
keithano - you might spy "UKCT..Jakg" in the bronze servers a fair bit
Platinum means nothing, anbybody with lot of free time can level up
Quote from tiagolapa :Platinum means nothing, anbybody with lot of free time can level up

Well you are right in a way but it would take something like 3000 races in bronze server then another 4000 or so or more depending on what car you use so it could take you as many as 7000 races or more. I don't know the exact figures for attaining a new license though so I cannot be exact.
Quote from tiagolapa :Platinum means nothing, anbybody with lot of free time can level up

Really? Maybe.. but well
Quoted from the license website
There are many factors involved in calculating points awarded at the end of a race, including but not limited to: participation; finishing position; total racers in a race; car driven; fastest lap in a race; fastest lap in relation to the track record; server

So if the racer is getting the last position for every race, I think he will only get points in term of participation. This will indeed cause him a whole lot of time to get a platinum license.
tbh im not all that bothered if higher licence holders race in there, its the muppets who cut corners and tap your ass on cornering making you spin out, then dont say sorry that does my head in..... yeah i can tell when higher people are racing cause i cant get higher than 4th and 5th LOL but it adds excitement too the race know that for one corner i was winning..

shame theres no wreakless driver monitor or warning system... 3 rams or cut corners and your automatically kicked.....

but apart from the muppets that spoil it for everyone, the servers rock
Quote from Jakg :keithano - you might spy "UKCT..Jakg" in the bronze servers a fair bit

lol.. I will hook up onto the server to seek my silver license today later an hour.
Quote from niffer022 :tbh im not all that bothered if higher licence holders race in there, its the muppets who cut corners and tap your ass on cornering making you spin out, then dont say sorry that does my head in..... yeah i can tell when higher people are racing cause i cant get higher than 4th and 5th LOL but it adds excitement too the race know that for one corner i was winning..

shame theres no wreakless driver monitor or warning system... 3 rams or cut corners and your automatically kicked.....

but apart from the muppets that spoil it for everyone, the servers rock

Exactly, sometimes it's better to see ppl holding higher license over there. That means I am gonna enjoy a fair race. I was somehow pissed when sometime those guys don't brake at T1, and made me spin or even wrecked my car. Also, I've raced some racers that dunno how to leave room or overtake, some hit my rear when I'm turning to make me spin to overtake me, and some others dun leave me room especially in SO when we are side-by-side...

..well..
Quote from niffer022 :shame theres no wreakless driver monitor or warning system...

Quote from licence.ukct.net : Please use THIS FORM to report wreckers and breaches of sporting conduct to the STCC Admins.

But I guess you were already aware of that..
oh yeah i know about that, but its sometimes hard to read the players names... i was thinking like a auto system, yu know like in toca where if you hit someone it warns you..
Quote from niffer022 :oh yeah i know about that, but its sometimes hard to read the players names... i was thinking like a auto system, yu know like in toca where if you hit someone it warns you..

Just press '2' to save the replay and watch it back to get the name, you need the .mpr file to report an incident anyway
oh right i never new that bit, cheers for the info

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG