The online racing simulator
Quote from jegorchangai :Best psychics NKpro? Time to buy a s2 License instead of the one you have now

To my knowledge s2 has the same physics engine as s1 (with the physics update). Tried the demo with the new physics and dont like them enough to buy s2.
Quote from marcjs :To my knowledge s2 has the same physics engine as s1 (with the physics update). Tried the demo with the new physics and dont like them enough to buy s2.

You haven't even tried the FOX (Formula Renault clone) or FO8 (F3000 clone). Or the brilliant S2 tracks.
Forget S2, Burnout has the best physics ever.
My oath. Where are the "signature takedowns" in LFS? Bring 'em on
#30 - JTbo
LFS

NkP

rFactor

1nsane

RBR

In order from best to need some more work to come to same level.

None of these are bad really.

Now, when we say realism that is always bit funny, we can say that 'omg this sim feels just like I was driving real car' and we do this when we are looking screen that is smaller than side window of our car and we are sitiing in our cheap office chairs while holding tightly from very small plastic wheel that looks like kid's toy.

Of course we can then perform different tests and see how car reacts, which one comes closest overall should have best physics then, so we perform slalom, skidpad, handbrake turns, drifting etc. test and we forgot completely about realism as real car steering wheels turn 3-4 turns from lock to lock while our wheels 0.75-2.5 turns from clock to clock, but happily we found out performing these test that some sims act better than others and therefore have better physics.

Anyway, I really do like from sim racing
rFactor Looks yum, saw some youtube vids. illepall

I'm thinkin of gettin it, it's got pure oldskoolness.

I tries 1nsane, there was a free download for it. But Just wasn't me.

I forgot to mention, Rigs Of Rids.

Truck simulation, also has a rock crawler. It's well good.

http://rigsofrods.blogspot.com/

free as well.
Anybody remember "The Need For Speed"? That was my first racing game. I had the PlayStation-version and remember that I felt it sucked quite badly, because I couldn't drive the cars. Looking back at it now, I think it just might have been the most realistic racing game ever for PS1 as far as physics go -- but I might be wrong, maybe it was just bad and I'm now thinking because the cars were hard to handle, it must have something to do with realism. Anyway, I soon resorted to the more arcadish games like GT, GT2 and wipEout (which had incredibly great physics, I'd imagine, but can't really prove it, as it played sometime in the future and featured very quick antigravitation jetlike "cars").
Just looking on Ebay, is RBR worth getting?? Its only a fiver but is it worth the hassle????

Cheers

H_Heywood (Jack Bauer)
Yes it is. Needs quite a bit of tweaking to make it passable, but worth the effort.
Tweaking??? Are there updates for it??

Cheers Tristan
bhmotorsports website (I'm not even sure if that's the name of it, let alone the link) is apparently the place to go for mods and physics/sound updates. Various controller config files need a bit of a tweak too. And the latest patch (which is still quite old) is a must.

But like I say, it's worth the effort. Mr Deggis is one of the most knowledgeable on RBR, so if you're REALLY nice he'll pop in with a synopsis of what you need. Not long ago there was a thread on RBR, and it might be worth looking at too
Thanks v much,

Ordering it now....

There are some good RBR guides floating around on the net, will post a few later if you want.

Just got me a new graphics card (ATI X850XT Platinum Edition) and i'm loving nKpro even more now.

Matt
RBR and NKpro are in a class of their own.
Closely followed by LFS.
Quote from Forbin :IMO, nothing on any console can come close to the better sims on PC (i.e. LFS and RBR). A lot of it has to do with the nature of consoles as mainstream gaming devices. Racing games developed on them must appeal to the mainstream (NFS, GT, Forza, PGR). There has been at least one exception in the form of a bike sim, though. TT Superbikes* on PS2 is really good as far as bike sims go, though of course it also has its quirks.

*not to be confused with Superbikes II or Superbikes: Riding Challenge which is arcade crap

Toca 1 and 2 on PSone were pretty good for their time!
Quote from squad_e :rFactor Looks yum, saw some youtube vids. illepall

I'm thinkin of gettin it, it's got pure oldskoolness.

I tries 1nsane, there was a free download for it. But Just wasn't me.

I forgot to mention, Rigs Of Rids.

Truck simulation, also has a rock crawler. It's well good.

http://rigsofrods.blogspot.com/

free as well.

Wow very good potential of a dakar-like rally game. Physics seem to be too much bouncy to me..It has basic tyre deformation too!!
Rigs Of Rods can simulate land, air and in the next installment sea vehicals. But in order to use Rigs of Rods to it's full potential you need a fairly powerful computer due to the nature of the sim.
You can also make your own truck, plane, whatever as long as you can get to grips with the node and beam system it uses which can prove tricky at times.
It's still in a early stage of development so there is the odd quirk here and there, but that's just part of it being at a early stage in development.
One of Rigs Of Rods forums is located here:
http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1073
I have a dual core amd. So it runs fine on my machine, I get 90FPS. With the latest version it supports dual core.
Quote from FOGlegsy :

WOW this group B rally mod looks good

It looked good... but it will never see the day light because RBR is just too unfriendly for physics modding to create accurate enough Group B physics (mainly differential, RWD, transmission and downforce). Too bad. The team has stopped working on the mod a long time ago and they had only one car ready (MG Metro 6R4), we'll see will they even release that separately as a single addon car at some point.
I just got Rfactor.

Does anyone know any good site's to download mods?..

I saw cool looking HRC mod. I'm about to download .
I tryed GTR2, rFactor and RBR + LFS wons... best physics
To me, LFS and Gran Turismo 4 seem to have the best, and most realistic physics.

I honestly cant see how playing a game, where you can make a 90 degree turn going 100mph, and bouncing off walls when crashing can be fun.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Gran Turismo 4 seem to have the best, and most realistic physics.

Oh great, now I have to rinse the tea out of my shirt and trousers, having just spat it over myself!
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :To me, LFS and Gran Turismo 4 seem to have the best, and most realistic physics.

I honestly cant see how playing a game, where you can make a 90 degree turn going 100mph, and bouncing off walls when crashing can be fun.

Stop a powerfull car and try to do 180 degree in GT4. You will notice example of bad physics

which car racing game has the best physics
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG