The online racing simulator
which car racing game has the best physics
The only good ones i can think of are lfs and rbr
Enthusia is definately up there, but you can't tip over, or have damage...
Racer is a good one, its not the best of games, since its a 1 man band, But its fun is most ways.
IMO, nothing on any console can come close to the better sims on PC (i.e. LFS and RBR). A lot of it has to do with the nature of consoles as mainstream gaming devices. Racing games developed on them must appeal to the mainstream (NFS, GT, Forza, PGR). There has been at least one exception in the form of a bike sim, though. TT Superbikes* on PS2 is really good as far as bike sims go, though of course it also has its quirks.

*not to be confused with Superbikes II or Superbikes: Riding Challenge which is arcade crap
rFactor or NFS:Most Wanted imo!

:haha:
I wish you could have that extra smiley and all the spaces pop up only when someone tries to quote you
Quote from DejaVu :rFactor or NFS:Most Wanted imo!
:haha:

LOL.. Couldn't resist.

Yeah LFS all the way mate ..

GT4 looks good tho' But it's for console only, shambles.
Bah, NFSU FTW!
From what i can remember - stcc2 was ok

*edit* although i didn't have a wheel back then :|
The Grand Prix Series is not bad
Grand Prix Legends should be in the list.
Quote from Forbin :IMO, nothing on any console can come close to the better sims on PC (i.e. LFS and RBR). A lot of it has to do with the nature of consoles as mainstream gaming devices. Racing games developed on them must appeal to the mainstream (NFS, GT, Forza, PGR). There has been at least one exception in the form of a bike sim, though. TT Superbikes* on PS2 is really good as far as bike sims go, though of course it also has its quirks.

*not to be confused with Superbikes II or Superbikes: Riding Challenge which is arcade crap

isnt richard burns rally on ps2?
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/dr ... hardburnsrally/index.html
Forza isn't bad as a semi-sim. It certainly feels like the fundamentals are physics based.
Forza struck me as Gran Turismo with an extra spoonful of physics, but hardly touching the boundary of 'realistic'. Having said that, console driving games are designed to be played by drunk students at 3am in loud, vocal competitions on who can control the craziest car for the longest amount of time - realism doesn't actually matter.
Quote from tristancliffe :Having said that, console driving games are designed to be played by drunk students at 3am in loud, vocal competitions on who can control the craziest car for the longest amount of time - realism doesn't actually matter.

At least they serve their purpose well. Ah, the memories *thinks about college* Great times
LFS, RBR and i'm quite liking nKpro at the moment

Matt
Well, you sure won't see LFS missing from anyone's list at this forum
LFS is right up there with Grand Prix Legends for me. GPL is still a legend in this genre thanks to its awesome physics and the community tracks (500+, mostly RL too) & mods which are, quite frankly, amazing. I can't really compare them though, because the approach and the cars modelled are so different. They both rule :up:

netKar Pro is a fantastic sim as far as driving goes. Really immersive, really rewarding, a great driving experience all round. Unfortunately it's plagued by bugs and a developer team who aren't all that great at communicating with their customers. If you get into it, be patient because it has the potential to be the king of sims once it's sorted :up: They recently announced new content: a hillclimb stage with a RL hillclimb prototype car (up to now it's just been open-wheelers). Sounds pretty sweet (although I would have preferred some tin-tops ). Linkage.
Quote from Krane :IIRC the physics are different on the PS2, for the worse that is :jawdrop:

Odd, I have both versions and can't seem to recall any such difference.
Pit Stop 2
Quote from Jertje :Odd, I have both versions and can't seem to recall any such difference.

thats what i was thinking. i can't imagine some one developing a game like that and changing it significantly. i searched for evidence but all i got was hear say.
LFS of course, but on the console Enthusia has the best physics IMO. All the non-driving stuff was poorly done but once you get into a race it feels very nice.

rFactor feels pretty realistic with the lupo mod IMO. Have to try some more that were suggested on here a few weeks ago.

I'm quite liking Forza at the min, its not LFS-level realism but its a very good game and feels a lot better than GT4. Has a pretty version of the 'ring too, and the damage is nice.
hmm.. most of these games are console though..

Although I have a PS2, but i never play it. It's my sisters.
best physics rally (and overall for me): RBR

best physics circuit racing: netkar pro
Best psychics NKpro? Time to buy a s2 License instead of the one you have now

which car racing game has the best physics
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG