The online racing simulator
Shifter option for FOX
(14 posts, started )
Shifter option for FOX
Since the Patch V i can't use my G25 H shifter for the FOX. I really had a lot of fun using the H-shifter with the FOX and got great lap times. I hate being forced using the paddles, even though it is more realistic. The H shifter helps me choose the gear i want faster going around the curve than with the paddles. All i want is the option to choose shifter instead of sequential at least for the FOX and maybe the rest of the single seaters, but mainly the FOX. So please bring that option back it will make me alot happier and best i won't complain anymore. And hopefully there are more people that agree with me about this. Thanks
#2 - FL!P
This option already exists. Have a look in the script directory. You'll find a file named FOX.lfs. Open it, replace "run paddle" with "run road", and save it. Voilà.

Edit: On second thought, you'll have to edit also the file named road.lfs. I'm not sure what you'll have to use for H shifter, as I don't have one, but for sequential mine is set to:

button 8 shift_up
button 9 shift_down
Ok i did that and its still not working.
I think I remember reading something about disallowing H-shift in the single-seaters in one of the recent patch update logs, but I could very easily be wrong with that. Even if it isn't disallowed, IMO it should be because those kinds of cars wouldn't have an H-gate.
Quote from Lateralus :I think I remember reading something about disallowing H-shift in the single-seaters in one of the recent patch update logs, but I could very easily be wrong with that. Even if it isn't disallowed, IMO it should be because those kinds of cars wouldn't have an H-gate.

Yep, Scawen disabled shifter for all single seaters as they wouldnt have shifter in real life. By the way, why youre making another thread about the same thing? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=18994
Ugh... this sucks! So there is no way to override this??
Anyway i don't get why the FOX should have paddle shifter in real life? Its not very fast and doesn't need continual gear shifting (as much as the BF1). What happened to the good ole H shifters for formula 1?? Paddles just take the fun out of driving, IMO.
Quote from Honda_TypeR_VTEC :Ugh... this sucks! So there is no way to override this??
Anyway i don't get why the FOX should have paddle shifter in real life? Its not very fast and doesn't need continual gear shifting (as much as the BF1). What happened to the good ole H shifters for formula 1?? Paddles just take the fun out of driving, IMO.

It does not matter how fast the car is, it's the fact that the shifting is faster. If you were in competition in racing IRL, and someone switched from h-gate shifter to a sequential shifter or paddle shifter, then you would to whether it was less "fun" or not simply because of the fact that the guy who switched to sequential/paddles would be faster in laptime than you.

Thus how rules are created. Someone finds something new that makes him faster and the majority follows. Those left behind cry like babies how it isn't fair, thus the sanctioning body creates a rule that the cars must have that which is the issue. In this case, sequential shifting. That is all hypothetical of course, just used as an example.

Cars such as the FOX and F08 would have sequential shifters because the IRL cars that they are based on have sequential shifters, thus Scawen made them sequential. That's the end of the story. Doesn't matter what would be more fun or not, it's based on how it is IRL.
FOX is based on a car that has a sequential stick. G25 can do that. Though I do agree that the H-shifter would be great fun to use in the FOX, it just doesn't have it in reallife. This kind of limitation is realistic, though maybe a bit TOO realistic for the sake of G25/shifter owners

Sequential mode for the G25 shifter is still fun to use in the FOX. It's how it should feel at least
I actually get better times with the FOX using the h shifter than with the paddles. I usually place in the top 3 on redline racing. And the shifting isn't faster compared to most of the road cars, its not difficult AT ALL to shift the FOX's gears with the H shifter. I would defeintally get why the BF1 would use paddles, it redlines very quick so you must shift quick, i won't argue with that. But i will argue about the FOX, it needs the h shifter option. It reminds me of the old school F1s with the h shifters, that are long gone. Anyway if someone using an Hshifter wasn't as fast as someone using paddle shifters thats there problem. I can beat many people even though i use the h shifter.
#10 - JJ72
when we have properly simulated sequential gearbox, H pattern won't stand a chance. Why the FOX in realism terms should have a sequential, is now that even the entry level formula renaults are running sequentials, actually all race cars will use technology to go as quick as possible when their budget and the rules allows, even for the tinest advantage.

again maybe we now need a F3 or so from the 80's.
#11 - Gunn
I'd enjoy a h-pattern open-wheeler in LFS for sure. But I'm a fan of open-wheelers so maybe I'm biased. I enjoy using the h-pattern shifter very much though, and the FOX specs don't really make this suggestion look rediculous. I wouldn't complain if the FOX had a choice of h-pattern and I would use it too (but I still want another open-wheeler!:shy.
Quote from Honda_TypeR_VTEC :I actually get better times with the FOX using the h shifter than with the paddles.

What about when using the sequential shifter? which is what you're "supposed" to be using.
IMO paddles just suck all the feel out of driving anyway.
You mean the sequential on the h shifter? If thats what you mean: my sequential doesn't work.
Do you know how to properly put it into sequential mode? A lot of people don't know how to do it. (You might need to assign new controls in the menu for it too, I'm not sure...)

Shifter option for FOX
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG