The online racing simulator
Formula 1
(65 posts, started )
Me and a couple of my teammates have been running FO8's on Aston National.

It takes lots of skill but it becomes a lot of fun to drive this car on the other tracks (ie. not KY Oval). If we can get enough serious and skilled racers we might be able to start a league with it.

It just takes practice.
There are some players that mostly play offline, and for them something like an F1 would be nice. I found the formula car in rFactor to be fun, and F1C99-02 has been around a long time.

Regarding the F3000 class, it's no longer a supported FIA event. F3 and F2 classes are considered the replacement.
Quote from JeffR :Regarding the F3000 class, it's no longer a supported FIA event. F3 and F2 classes are considered the replacement.

No, F3000 is still running, it's just called GP2 now and has a different format.

The FO8 could also be compared to the new A1GP cars, although it is not nearly as radical looking as they are. (airbox/wings!!!)
hah wow.. i keep hearing about A1 GP and when you said radical looking i decided to check them out to see how radical looking they are, and i have to admit.. they are VERY neat looking
http://www.formule2.com/data/media/11/dmc0424no18.jpg

very futuristic and smoothed out F3000/formula nippon
they almost look like they have some IRL in them

looking at some of the stats on these things.. they can pull 3.5G's .. amazing stuff, but i guess we wont see those in LFS as its basically has the same makeup as the FV8 (engine and such wise)
Quote from al heeley :A real F1 car, in the hands of a young untrained amateur, is a deadly thing. If LFS is to remain true to its reality core, then by definition, an LFS F1 car sim will be beyond the ability of many people, to control and race safely and competitively.

Unless I'm very much mistaken... that's the reason why we don't have the LX8 GTR yes?

sorry... a fan...
no one is really sure why we dont have hte LX8, but im pretty sure we will get it back, the devs just wanted something to be matched up with the XFGTR, instead of another car by itself so.. lets wait for S2 full and hope we get the LX8 back
Quote from al heeley :A real F1 car, in the hands of a young untrained amateur, is a deadly thing. If LFS is to remain true to its reality core, then by definition, an LFS F1 car sim will be beyond the ability of many people, to control and race safely and competitively.

This is an awful argument against implementing F1 cars into the game. However true this is, you cant deny the good racers and people that want faster and more powerful cars their right to have them cos some noobs cant get to grips with it.

This is where the Kick and Ban voting comes in very handy.

I like the idea of F1 cars in the game, and hope that the devs decide to implement them, with some decent sounds, unlike all current cars

And with regard to the A1GP cars, the FV8 is pretty much the same car. Just not as fast, good, or neat looking. And A1 is pretty awesome to watch... I was at Brands Hatch to see the inaugural A1GP.
A1GP = Yawn. Second rate drivers (mostly) in ugly cars, with passing aids. Sounds like real fun to me (not).

I want F1 cars in LFS!!!! but only if noobs can't get them. Perhaps if you needed 20000 LFSWorld (online) credits to use (assuming LFSW isn't prone to hacking). As long as it's made VERY clear that the F1 car is NOT available to people until they have played a LOT, then no-one can complain.

Oh and the 20000 figure was just a quick figure. 10000 might be more appropriate. But I guess the amound could be varied in S3 Alpha.
i think they SHOULD ad an f1 style car but i'd probably never use it online. i can't even handle the f08 at racing speeds.

but i'd LOVE to watch a race full of guys who know how to handle 900 hp in a 600kg car!!!!!

speedfreak227
Quote from al heeley :I have nothing to prove, XCN, but I'm continually disappointed by the chaotic driving of a lot of people in FO8 cars, who clearly cannot handle them, and just ruin other people's races.
If F1 cars are introduced, can you really see this improving?
To be honest, your reasoning about people not handling it 'deciding to give up' is the most ridiculous argument ever for justifying why LFS should have even more powerful cars. The best races are still UF1's!

I kinda agree with you. The thing is that the FO8 is a tempting car to try out when you are a noob. And is posibly the most dificult car to race. So there you have it. It takes time to master. Once we all were noobs you know.
#61 - jmkz
including a F1 car would just add more DEPTH to the game, as you can have yourself a F1 racing simulator as well as a road car racing sim.

I remember my first time with F08, trying to control the power was a thrill all on its own,

I would never think of joining an online race if I did not at least be able to lap the track with the chosen car in a decent amount of time without crashing, pratice offline and than go online to find races. F08/F1 races are possible, but as said by others, they require more skill than FOX, GTR and all the others thrown together; knowning that real F1 racers have the "best trained body" in the sports world, you'll know that racing such a car, even in a sim, will be far from easy.

it's the challenge of being able to pull it off which attracks people (well most), and just because some people in online public races like to crash does not mean the F1 has no place LFS
Yeah, I don't get the whole "F08 is too hard to handle to be allowed online." mentality.

Should we lose all the cars in the game except the XR GT? No lag problems, fewer unskilled (or unpracticed) driver problems. It's a golden world in the one car sim.

Sure, I see a lot of races online with people struggling to keep the F08 wheels down. You know what? Great! That's what they should be doing if it interests them. Pass out setups and get in the fray.

We have spectator mode in LFS. With it I have recieved and given excellent training. I have decided whether or not to stay on a server and race.

I have had so many excellent F08 races online there is no point in trying to count them.

Can you say "leagues"?
I think an F1 car would be very nice, but I think for the sake of those who can't handle the power, there should be some proper TC.
I Want F1 Cars, and from the era of highest levels of Ground Effect XD (70s, 80s)

Ehm, a noob question: Does LFS simulates Ground Effect?¿?¿?¿?
Quote from Colin_Chapman :I Want F1 Cars, and from the era of highest levels of Ground Effect XD (70s, 80s)

Ehm, a noob question: Does LFS simulates Ground Effect?¿?¿?¿?

Just look at the average Kyoto Oval setup, then you'll se that the Ground-Effect is not (yet) simulated...

Formula 1
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG