The online racing simulator
New User, controls?
(12 posts, started )
#1 - loomx
New User, controls?
Hey, iv justs bought the S2 licence after being amazed by the demo.

What do most people find best for controls? I really like the mouse, but dont like the on/off accelertor and brakes.

Also what kinda mods are there that are actually worth while and you dont end up wishing you hadnt installed them.

Any other tips and... See You On The Track!
#2 - ZORER
Hi!
Wish you happy races with your new s2 license.

I recommend you to buy a wheel. And to use ghostcar mod to improve your laptimes.
Welcome to S2.

Well, i'd recommend a Logitech wheel.
Be it a Momo, a DFP or a G25 i think you"ll be pretty pleased.

I've got a momo and for "mods" i use "momoleds", "pitspotter" and that's it.
Really useful stuff. Kegetys is king.
I'll say the same thing everyone else is gonna say: Get a wheel. Other controllers may work, but you'll never have the control or immersion you get with a wheel.
If you don't have space for a wheel, a gamepad is miles better than KB.
#6 - Woz
LFS really comes into its own with a wheel. I have been through aa few now and have now got a G25. Well worth it
Quote from duke_toaster :If you don't have space for a wheel, a gamepad is miles better than KB.

Even better is a joystick. I started off with a flight stick back in .1 (S1 was .3, S2 Alpha is .5) before getting a wheel 6 months later. Modulating the throttle and brake is difficult but you have a much better feel for the steering than a little thumbstick on a gamepad.

Also, when playing on a gamepad, people have a tendency to just knock the thumbsticks back and forth lock to lock. This causes massive understeer and heavy overheating of the front tires.
#8 - loomx
Im getting an xbox 360 this week, I might give the 360's controller ago on it
#9 - ZORER
Quote from loomx :Im getting an xbox 360 this week, I might give the 360's controller ago on it

get a wheel instead of that
A good wheel (Logitech DFP or - if you're flash - Logitech G25) makes all the difference.
If a wheel isn't an option Xbox controllers are probarbly your best bet, I've found that with Forza the Xbox controllers give much better precision and allow balancing the car on the throttle much better than any other gamepad I've tried.
#12 - ste_
Real Men Use Mouse!

New User, controls?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG