The online racing simulator
Freeware word processor?
(12 posts, started )
Freeware word processor?
Bah! M$ Word.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here used or knew of a good free word processor. It doesn't have to be very blinging or special but I would just like a decent alternative to M$ Word.

Cheers :up:
#2 - amp88
I use open office and works well for simple documents and spreadsheets.
Not sure what it's like for advanced users.
It seems a lot less bloated than the MS suite too. i.e. No stupid dogs and paperclips talking to you. Where was the option to stab the dog in the eye with the paperlip?
Thanks guys! Much appreciated :up:
#6 - Jakg
Don't forget Abi Word!
#7 - ZORER
#8 - Lible
Thanks for the link, ZORER.

I suggest to stick with Open Office.
Thanks again guys. Open Office is working great so far and not a single annoying bastard paper clip in sight!
One word of warning about Open Office.

I was all for using Open Office full time and ditching MS Word. However, I still needed the word format for compatibility reasons, i.e. to send it to others.

However, Open Office couldn't format .doc files correctly, either that or it plain old couldnt use them. I forget exactly, suffice to say that I had annoying compatibility and formatting problems when I either tried to send or recieve documents to other people.

Just a heads up. Otherwise it is a great package. Unfortunately I resorted to Word in the end to stop needless faffing about. Ive never had any bother with that bloody paperclip/dog anyway. Turned it all off ASAP.
Quote from mrbogeyman :I still needed the word format for compatibility reasons, i.e. to send it to others.

OpenOffice isn't your problem, Microsoft (and the above) is.

Quote from Wikipedia :Since the format is the de facto standard, many word processors such as AbiWord or OpenOffice.org Writer need file import and export filters for Microsoft Word's document file format to compete [...] Most of this interoperability is achieved through reverse engineering since documentation of the file format, while available to partners, is not openly available.

Freeware word processor?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG