The online racing simulator
Internet Going Off For 3 Weeks :((
(28 posts, started )
Hi,

Whilst we are changing from Orange Broardband to Sky Broadband ive been told its going to take 2-3 Weeks . So that means ill be off LFS and internet for abit. I dunno how im going to survive but all i can do is play with the AI's. Ill try and get on the forum at school tho.

Seeya in a few weeks,

Dmwright
Maybe you can go outside and kick a football?
#3 - Davo
What's a football?
#4 - ajp71
Quote from farcar :Maybe you can go outside and kick a football?

Do what now?

Seriously though changing ISP should be pretty much instant assuming you aren't changing the physical connection. Maybe you could pay for an extra month on your existing contract?
Quote from Davo :What's a football?

Like a footy, but round.

Bummer dmwright! But this could be a good thing. I had two weeks off over Chrissy and hardly touched a computer at all. Tell ya what, I didn't miss it one bit! I've barely touched my PC since I got back either. Haven't even re-clamped the Momo. Of course, I've started drinking a lot...
Quote from Davo :What's a football?

Lol, I was trying to use the universal term for 'footy'.
Europeans get all touchy when you say 'soccer', and they have no idea what Aussie Rules is.
Aussie what? It has rules?
#8 - Gunn
Quote from farcar :Lol, I was trying to use the universal term for 'footy'.
Europeans get all touchy when you say 'soccer', and they have no idea what Aussie Rules is.

I don't think anybody has much of an idea what Aussie Rules is, including those who play it.
Quote from Gunn :I don't think anybody has much of an idea what Aussie Rules is, including those who play it.

...and least of all those guys who run around the paddock in hot-pants blowing their whistles and shouting and throwing the ball in the air. How many of those guys do they have on field now, eight or nine or something like that?
i was 3 weeks off due isp change too! from 28 december to 18 january.
bit boring, but aint that bad
so u can take (more) care of ur RL
Have fun with higher pings and lag
Bye my ex fellow teamate.. See ya in 3weeks...... Go play LFS over and over in Single Mode and u WILL get better somehow... I hope u can read this or is ur internet gone.... Oh and forums are usually blocked at schools.. I tried lol..
See ya later
Coincidentally, I'm going to be up to 3 weeks without a connection as of next Tuesday, since we're switching from cable back to good old BT (for Sky Broadband as well). Physical connection change = the suck.
Physical change I can understand, but going from 1 ADSL provider, to another shouldn't require a 2-3 week offline time. Simply request a MAC (Migration Authorisation Code, which will shortly be mandatory from all ISPs using the BT openreach system) from Orange and then give that to Sky, and you'll be changed over on a date that they give, with no loss of service.
Mine is off till 30th Jan, new BB install at my new place.........AI FTW
Hey, I was without Internet AND Steering wheel for 5 weeks (november - > january)!

It doesn't kill you as long as you have enough booze or drugs to cover that
Quote from Hankstar :Like a footy, but round.

Bummer dmwright! But this could be a good thing. I had two weeks off over Chrissy and hardly touched a computer at all. Tell ya what, I didn't miss it one bit! I've barely touched my PC since I got back either. Haven't even re-clamped the Momo. Of course, I've started drinking a lot...

Hahahaha! Hank!
Hi,

Dont worry its not blocked at school .

But i have to watch my teacher tho

Thanks for replys

Dmwright
Just got estimated time of 5-7 days now. Also got router

EDIT: BTW SINGLE PLAYER IS SOOO BORING
Damn that topic scared me...
Shockingly there is life beyond the Internet you know. I moved house not long ago and it was off for a good week or two. Didn't bother me much TBH, just spent a bit more time in the pub or on the Xbox.

Btw, ISP's often connect it up early and not tell you - try wiring that router up and seeing if you can connect. BT have done this every time I've moved.
Quote from Hankstar :run around the paddock in hot-pants blowing their whistles

Hot-pants! :banana:
I got some good news switching from crappy NTL to SkyBB - they cancelled the phone line but not the connection, so we have that until the end of the month. It's a bit unreliable, but better than nothing. And our new connection goes live in a few days.

I know there's life outside of the internet, but I feel really isolated when I'm not connected. No idea how I survived before I was online 24/7
Quote from dmwright :Hi,

Whilst we are changing from Orange Broardband to Sky Broadband ive been told its going to take 2-3 Weeks . So that means ill be off LFS and internet for abit. I dunno how im going to survive but all i can do is play with the AI's. Ill try and get on the forum at school tho.

Seeya in a few weeks,

Dmwright

I'm doing exactly the same thing although my internet should only be off for a week. I'm also cancelling Orange broadband as it constantly disconnects. They said i had a fault on the line. Three weeks later i rang back and said there wasn't actually a fault on the line. Bizarre!

Probably the worst customer servie in the world

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG