The online racing simulator
STCC open hosts and TBO class
(95 posts, started )
#26 - Davo
OMG!! My wish came true!! THANKyou THANKyou THANKyou THANKyou THANKyou THANKyou
#27 - SamH
Racers on Platinum aren't able to use any of the driver aids. If they ignore the red warning message, they'll only be able to race a total of one race every 24hrs.. it's an automatic server-administered ban for ignoring the rules.
Quote from SamH :Racers on Platinum aren't able to use any of the driver aids. If they ignore the red warning message, they'll only be able to race a total of one race every 24hrs.. it's an automatic server-administered ban for ignoring the rules.

Which it should be, by then you better know the rules and heed server messages sent to you.

We can use autoclutch and manditor Cut on upshift. Yes it makes the cars a tad harder to drive but the races are that much better because of it. More driver errors =)
i like the idea of adding passenger(s) in fxo to make it less dominant but i have no idea if it needs some coding or something to make it work. i doubt that fxo drivers would voluntarily add extra weight.
I'd drive a lot more on the STCC servers (and TBOs in general) if the XRT was competitive. Being a roadblock isn't always that fun. With the tools we have now I think it is just impossible to balance the cars so that equal drivers in each car could have chance of winning.

I wouldn't mind even if the FXO was over corrected on the next incompatible patch making it the slowest, would make a change at least

Iirc in XRT you get 6 times more points and in RB4 you get 7 times more points than in FXO on STCC servers. Too bad it is harder to finish 7th in XRT than winning in FXO. Still STCC is doing good job with the limits given by LFS.
#31 - SamH
Quote from Hyperactive :Iirc in XRT you get 6 times more points and in RB4 you get 7 times more points than in FXO on STCC servers. Too bad it is harder to finish 7th in XRT than winning in FXO. Still STCC is doing good job with the limits given by LFS.

Other way around.. more points for the XRT than the RB4, and more points for the RB4 than the FXO.
#32 - vari
Quote from SamH :
We've decided that this evening, we're going to turn things on their head a bit. The RB4 and XRT are going to be the only cars available to silver licenced drivers. The full TBO class will be available to gold licenced drivers. Hopefully this will encourage more driving of the lesser two cars. They are great cars to drive, but everyone tends to drive the FXO because they prefer to win.

I would have changed it so that FXO is the only car available for silver drivers and for them only but oh well Eventually the amount of gold/platinum drivers will grow and then we're stuck with FXO's dominating the field again but I guess it helps a bit, for now, sort of Never really thought about what license's people have on the server at any given time.

In any case it's good that something's being done and it's interesting to see how this works out.
#33 - Davo
Quote from vari :Eventually the amount of gold/platinum drivers will grow and then we're stuck with FXO's dominating the field again

Hopefully the incentive that the XRT and RB4 give more points towards your licence keeps drivers in those cars instead of jumping to the faster but less rewarding FXO.
The only reason I drive the XRT is I like the way it handles and feels on track ,never really tried it much before STCC, its great fun trying to up to speed with it and still keep everything feeling smooth and easy ( that slow is fast feeling) still nowhere near that point yet but it's a pleasure to drive.

Even if it got half the points of the FXO I would still be driving it.
Quote from JohnPenn :The only reason I drive the XRT is I like the way it handles and feels on track ,never really tried it much before STCC

Huh? I remember seeing you pwning everyone on demo-servers on a daily basis back in 2004. Maybe that was some other John Penn ...

#36 - SamH
He used to pwn me in an XFG, on demo
And me in the XRT, his was blue iirc.
Quote from SamH :He used to pwn me in an XFG, on demo

He pwns me now in S2 =)
#39 - SamH
#40 - MR_B
Quote from frokki :We used passenger penalties in CRC Mini League, didn't work too well with UF1's and a minimum penalty of 80kg (a passenger), but it gave a nice preview what to expect when we really ARE able to put weight in the cars

To equal out the cars you need to weigh that FXO tart down with a few passengers! In last years CRC Stock Cup we had the same problem with the FXO whooping the other two cars.

I'm bringing back the Stock Cup this year without the FXO so it'll just comprise of the RB4 and XRT
#41 - robt
^^ and on that note MR_B check the team forum
#43 - SamH
I'll pwn ya both on GTRs
Quote from vari :...I would have changed it so that FXO is the only car available for silver drivers and for them only...

Thats by far the best idea in my opinion!
Quote from SamH :I'll pwn ya both on GTRs

Only if its speed drifting =P

I donno, Limiting like that wouldn't be nice. Once you open a car you should be able to keep driving that car no matter what license.
#46 - SamH
I have a secret weapon
Quote from Viper93 :Only if its speed drifting =P

I donno, Limiting like that wouldn't be nice. Once you open a car you should be able to keep driving that car no matter what license.

I think its the only way to even things out AND to get people learn more driving skills. For instance, a lot of danish drivers only drives fwd cars, thereby missing a great aspect of racing. illepall
Quote from MZWiZard :I think its the only way to even things out AND to get people learn more driving skills. For instance, a lot of danish drivers only drives fwd cars, thereby missing a great aspect of racing. illepall

I do agree that people should always try new cars. It might be worth atry, depends on what Sam wants to do with it really.
-1 from me for that idea.

Wasn't the point of the tiered servers to get good, fast racers onto the higher servers for STCC entrants to practice against?

The STCC itself has all 3 cars, so you want a mixed field to race against.
What about STCC drivers who use the FXO in the series?
Quote :Huh? I remember seeing you pwning everyone on demo-servers on a daily basis back in 2004. Maybe that was some other John Penn ...

Back then XFG was my car of choice there, still isI remember trying the XRT and at that time it was MUCH harder to control than it is now, that first chicane at BL in the XRT.. ohhh man I still have fond memories of going into Basil Fawlty mode after once again spinning out on the exit

Quote :I used to pwn him on AS nat

yes you do...please stop it

STCC open hosts and TBO class
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG