The online racing simulator
LFS Slogan Suggestions
(174 posts, started )
Live for speed; extra speed, hold the rice.

Live for speed, live for skill, live for the thrill
Quote from KiDCoDEa :anyone should feel free to do their own stuff. just like snewham. here's a couple links on the hundreds that exist on the subject.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/

http://www.spreadshirt.net/?lang=en&locale=GB

merging efforts in 4sight shop is nice but remember personal initiative is not castrated around here and other options will always exist. help, but never blindly. good luck

this thread is only for suggestions. Our shop will be payed for, therefore we achieve better service and lower prices for customers. Our shop has rights from the Devs to use the LFS logo and all the money from the shop will be pumped back into LFS in a number of different ways.

Please keep this to pm's in future.
#28 - ysu
Slogans are for simpletons. LFS is for us
thanks alot for all of your suggestions. We will be reviewing all of the submissions tommorrow and posting the slogans selected for productions.

Thanks
Scotty
Live For Speed: Online Racing Simulator just works for me...
Quote from snewham :this thread is only for suggestions. Our shop will be payed for, therefore we achieve better service and lower prices for customers. Our shop has rights from the Devs to use the LFS logo and all the money from the shop will be pumped back into LFS in a number of different ways.

Please keep this to pm's in future.

keep what to pms? my sugestions for people who wont see their motto/slogan win?

this thread is to be used by the users of this game.
i posted about the topic.
anyone here can use the lfs logo as they ****in want personally.
thats one of the options these shops give anyone the ability to, personal use.
anyone can grab their fave motto, without it needing to be approved by a 3rd entity and do their own stuff. thats what those links are about. DIY.
in fact your current shop is powered by one of those.
a couple dollars per month can turn ya free shop into a premium shop where prices will be lower etc. both cafepress and spreadshirt support that. if thats what you mean, anyone can do that also.
thats what my post was about, possibilities and options for everyone.
glad u got permission from devs to sell stuff , beyond the personal usage, and going commercial. again, anyone can attempt to get that.
you didnt even start and acting this way u seem afraid of competition?
the more shops the better if ask me.

and NO, NOT "ALL THE MONEY WILL BE PUMPED BACK INTO LFS". there is no harm in admiting it wont.
all the money will be, a percentage will be going to the Devs and the rest will be going towards paying for the LFS-Links website and also my racing team's website and servers which have proved to be useful to community on a large scale.

I'm not sure what your problem is? if you want to talk about it further please can you contact me on msn: [email protected]

thanks
Scott
my prob is none. thats exactly what i told ya. i dont have a prob with u stating that you do a profit and apply it in whatever u want. people will feel free to believe you. just dont say "all money goes to lfs" coz it seems something else. no harm in saying its for ya server, ya computer your glasses your sister thats sick etc etc. where it goes? its all your right to apply it where u want. just please dont say it broadly goes to lfs. coz it might or not. its not a dedicated fixed amount. the percentage youll get off the profits can and i hope for you they will, exceed simple server rental cost.
in the end, people will have to trust you. stating things clearly , makes it easier for them.
I dont' understand what point you are trying to make. I am not trying to do this to get rich, not even to make any profit at all. i spend so much money on LFS related ventures every year that it would never cover the cost of everything.

I am trying to do something for the community as i have tried to do with many other of my ventures like my team, lfs-links website and other things that I have embarked on. When you try and make some kind of contribution to the community on that scale then your opinions about matters like this may be valid but for now, please keep them to yourself.

Admin please lock this thread.

thanks
To summarize, I think KiD just doesn't want to see the slogan he made up (NFS? SFTU! one I think it is) on LFS memorabilia... simple as that. And I can agree with him that it wouldn't be the best thing on a shirt.

Now... just ignore that slogan, and get on with it. Just don't use it. You are getting deeper into it than KiD ever wanted too, and it is too late now, unless it can be ignored.

On with more slogans please!
its not "for the community". if it was for community there would be no profits at all. when u do something for A you dont charge A.
when u sell something to A you charge A.
what you are doing, at best is, work for a profit that can cover your ventures to the community. also noble, but way less. if true. and i shall assume it is.
its a slightly different thing. both valid.
you are trying to make a profit else you wouldnt offer to share it. and whats wrong with that? nothing.
i just like things clear. especially when it involves money of others and a game reputation. and most especially since i have the racing legends shop and the dE experience...

speaking of shop is not something this forum should hide from and lock threads. people are burned from past experiences and deserve to be treated correctly.

i aint hunting anything, no need to be on defensive. i wish u all the luck and i hope u can buy whatever u need to be happy.
Quote from DodgeRacer :Live For Speed: Online Racing Simulator just works for me...

Indeed. Maybe slapping a "The" in front of it.
Quote from Tweaker :To summarize, I think KiD just doesn't want to see the slogan he made up (NFS? SFTU! one I think it is) on LFS memorabilia... simple as that. And I can agree with him that it wouldn't be the best thing on a shirt.

Now... just ignore that slogan, and get on with it. Just don't use it. You are getting deeper into it than KiD ever wanted too, and it is too late now, unless it can be ignored.

On with more slogans please!

i sent a pm to him this morning telling him that if he wasn't happy with us using it then we wouldn't use it so I have already removed it from the shop however he keeps going on about this money issue. If you like I will make all profits from the shop every month public so that everyone can see where the money is going. I don't have anything to hide.
snewham, for the sake of personal sanity some people are best left ignored

I like:

Live For Speed: Online Racing Simulator

But L(Oo)ney's Live For Speed : Not Need For Speed would hopefully stop all those morons thinking you've made a typo
yes I think so too lol
i think he's just trying to wind my up for the sake of it.

I have already put the wheels in motion on the "Live For Speed : Not Need For Speed idea which should be one of the ones which will be in production
look man im not responsible for tweak posts.
i know u said "Basically i thought that this was a suggestion from you for LFs products and I understand now that obviously you do not want to contribute to the LFS community at all." and although very innacurate thats enuff for me. that thing is settled. took a while to respect my simple plea. i asked couple times or even three in thread and then in pm once. i dont wanna be involved in something i wasnt asked to in the first place. nor do i want to be offered profits percentages.
what im talking about in this new thread (you should rethink why oldone was deleted), is of common sense. i aint after you nor your profits. having the previous thread cleaned was a dialogued decision. you prolly dont know me, nor do you have to.
if you cant see, my posts in this thread are about options, do-it-yourself, respectability and expectations, all in the shop thematic.

Quote from snewham :
i think he's just trying to wind my up for the sake of it.

-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa
Just use NFSTFU. I came up with that and you can use it if you want. Kidcodea's happy, Snewham's happy.
Live for Speed - When you really have the need for speed :P
I'd really rather not see any mentions of NFS -- or really any associations with it on a t-shirt or whatnot... doesn't really bring out the true description of what LFS is, and you are better off with using something else. The names are similar yes, but keeping them so closely focused by using those phrases is just a bad idea in my opinion. Good for a joke, but not a permanent 'advertisement' on clothing. The last thing we need is NFS noobs coming into LFS (sorry if there are any here, and I am sure there is)....

You guys could get a lot more creative than just using these NFS ones, come on now
Live for Speed: When life is secondary.

or maybe

Live for Speed: Where life is secondary.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :look man im not responsible for tweak posts.
i know u said "Basically i thought that this was a suggestion from you for LFs products and I understand now that obviously you do not want to contribute to the LFS community at all." and although very innacurate thats enuff for me. that thing is settled. took a while to respect my simple plea. i asked couple times or even three in thread and then in pm once. i dont wanna be involved in something i wasnt asked to in the first place. nor do i want to be offered profits percentages.
what im talking about in this new thread (you should rethink why oldone was deleted), is of common sense. i aint after you nor your profits. having the previous thread cleaned was a dialogued decision. you prolly dont know me, nor do you have to.
if you cant see, my posts in this thread are about options, do-it-yourself, respectability and expectations, all in the shop thematic.

the first time you said that it wasn't a sugestion and you didn't want it included, I sent you a pm saying that we wouldn't use it and I removed it from the store straight away and that was at most 15 minutes after you posted.

I would like you to stop replying now as you seem to of destroyed another usefull thread.
Quote from snewham :you seem to of destroyed another usefull thread.

Not if people can keep it up with suggestions. Just pick out the ones people mention and we will hold some voting like you said. I am probably going to think of a few tomorrow, but for some good ones, it might take some time.
yeh ok thanks mate
I think we have enough suggestions so I will put some kind of poll up later.
I like the "LFS, the online racing simulation". Please, no NFS related slogans for advert LFS.

And is KiD trying to say the products should be allmost free for the commynity? Thats mad, if you selling something there should be profit, common sense. And if there is going to be LFS mercendise bying that would support the devs. If you dont want devs make "profit" dont buy.
Quote from Blackout :And is KiD trying to say the products should be allmost free for the commynity?

No. Just read his first post. He was just pointing out that anyone should feel free to do their own T-shirts as well. In later posts he said that he'd like it to be very clear, where the money goes, rather than just being told "it will all go into LFS". Remember there have been some quite bad shop experiences in recent times.

Quote from Blackout :...And if there is going to be LFS mercendise bying that would support the devs. If you dont want devs make "profit" dont buy.

Please don't anyone buy a T-shirt to support the devs. The only reason you should buy a T-shirt is because you like it and you think the price is right. The LFS developers have almost nothing to do with this, and will receive a tiny percentage of the cost of a T-shirt, because in fact, as i understand it, most of the cost will be to cover production. Of what remains (the profit) most will go to the 4Sight team and a small percentage of that profit comes to us.

The reason we asked for the small percentage is because we think that's simply the right thing to do, when our name is used to sell goods, and it sets the right precedent for the future, when more shops may sell LFS goods, perhaps with a higher profit margin, and the percentage becomes more significant.

LFS Slogan Suggestions
(174 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG