The online racing simulator
What can I update without locking the game?
Hi, Ive got 2 computers. In one of them I practice during the week so all new setups, skins etc are in that one, but the race day I have to play in the other computer, a 32Bits one, coz the other computer runs on Windows XP 64bits (necesary for my job). Since everytime I update the game from one computer to another it seems to lock the game and I have to spend 1 credit to unlock it again, I want to ask wich folders inside the /data folder can I copy from one computer to another without loosing the unlock.

Thanks in advance
Just back up your whole lfs folder, no need to discuss the rest.
Quote from Vendetta :Just back up your whole lfs folder, no need to discuss the rest.

Wont help, when i was away from my PC @ school someone copied my LFS gamedir, but it wasnt unlocked on the other pc.

Be advise, listen to the goat!
So presumably at the moment, you are copying the whole LFS folder from one machine to another each time you synchronise. Which means that the license files are waking up, finding themselves in a new machine, and locking.

I'm not sure which folders contain the license data, but the only ones you actually need to copy are:
/settings - for setups and colours
/raf - for any telemetry data you've output
/spr - replays
/mpr - multi replays
/skins
/skins_x - autodownloaded setups
/knw - are ai files if you've trained them
/layout - any autocross layouts

If you just copy those, you shouldnt have any locking probs.
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you could unlock LFS on 2 computers ?
so you can play LAN races , I understand that either of these can be used to play online but not at the same time . if you only need skins and setups just copy these files (or whole folders)from the relevant folders Col mentions above .

SD.
when i recently bought a new computer i just copied my lfs folder to an extra hard drive, popped it in, made a new shortcut to the exe file and whammo! didn't hav to unlock anything. it was all set to go as if i had never changed anything.

speedfreak227
save the misc folder for every pc
and no new unlooking is needed.
Thanx a lot guys, very quick replies in here
What I was asking I think is what Colcob answered, but BTW, Mounthy, is this about the misc folder correct?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG