The online racing simulator
#liveforspeed geting out of hand
(82 posts, closed, started )

Poll : should Vrooom and Zeeall be unbaned?

Closed since :
No
Yes
#51 - Don
if you consider posting few DIFFERENT urls (to different pics) as spam, ok.

what i consider spam is 10 same rows of text posted in 1 sec etc
Quote from Don :if you consider posting few DIFFERENT urls (to different pics) as spam, ok.

what i consider spam is 10 same rows of text posted in 1 sec etc

Agreed.

And/or spam is like I mentioned before, people trying to sell you Alienwares or get you to goto some site that gives you a virus .

I don't see any problem with Don's rally pics or videos, something to look at And not every link on the net to a picture or video is absolutely cool (like the stupid cars), so you can't make that a requirement in the channel .
Levi used the word spam, so I did too. He's obviously never been in the channel though.
#54 - thd
Quote from Levi1 :I think DoN is only trying to say you guys should be consequent. If you don't ban people who spam the song they're playing, you shouldn't ban vrooom or zeeall for talking/spamming links about cars.

We are pretty consequent. The channel activity of these two have no comparison. If anyone else had been behaving the same, he/she too would be forced to leave.

Nice Gilles Villeneuve avatar btw
Quote from CasseBent :last I checked, spamming links to the same shitty cars all day isn't talking

Quote from CasseBent :Levi used the word spam, so I did too. He's obviously never been in the channel though.

I used the word spam the same way as you did (posting alot of links to stuff). What DoN does with his rally pics.
If we use Tweak's definition of spam, then there's nothing wrong with Vrooom, Zeeall or DoN.
Quote from thd :We are pretty consequent. The channel activity of these two have no comparison. If anyone else had been behaving the same, he/she too would be forced to leave.

I don't know too much about Zeeall, but on Vrooom I have to agree with DoN. Vrooom wasn't more annoying than anyone else, just brought life into the channel. Pity that being too active is forbidden.
Quote from thd :Nice Gilles Villeneuve avatar btw

Thanks
o0 this is odd, having ppl talking about me in a positiv way (mostly)
/bump

Zeeall is the most nicest dude from Sweden who actually owns a volvo!
#58 - ekze
Quote from Messiah :/bump

Zeeall is the most nicest dude from Sweden who actually owns a volvo!

:iagree: ^_^
To avoid this kind of enjoyable threads on a forum for a game of which the channel seems to be manually (or maniacally to some) moderated, someone invented... EggDrop...

Rules are static and can be programmed... Problem solved... Close thread
#liveforspeed it quite a fun place to talk at the moment... I don't see any problems to be honest

Problem solved
I remember some guy spamming a link to his webcam showing his cat sleeping on the couch... He posted the link every couple of minutes. It was pretty boring, all his cat did was sleep, we all thought it was dead

He never once got a warning for that (or so I assume, as he didn't stop posting it and wasn't banned). I posted a link once (whilst watching a "dead" cat) and it was the only link I've ever posted in that channel and got an instant threat of ban... Anywho, that was a year or so ago and I've never been in the channel since because it's as boring as watching a "dead" cat.

Edit: So yo can post links and still not be classed off topic, try this:

"I love LFS, the UF1000 is fun. Here's a link to my Mini."

Or

"Some cars in LFS are so slow, just like this Volvo in this link."

Not only are you on topic, but you comparing LFS to real life stuff which is what LFS is trying to simulate but in a fictional way

Edit 2: And if you want to get real tricky, try this:

"I love the background imagines of the LFS tracks, heres a link to a mountain that looks similar."

or

"Smashed my RB4 up huge the other night on the Blackwood rally track, just like this rally car did in this link."
Maybe you should of fed the cat or maybe talked to him or her ,maybe then the cat could of had some fun and a laugh at the same time.
It wasn't my cat, someone else's... would have taken a fair effort for me to feed a cat on the otherside of the world!

Hey, that would have been interesting...

If it was my cat it wouldn't have been sleeping on the couch, it would have been ripping it up with its claws then running away as I told it off.
#64 - Don
WARNING! you CANNOT have conversation with someone who has different opinion in this channel. I disagreed with caporegine in something about LFS, so we started discussing and got kickbanned for 1h for that. wtf is wrong? there were hundreds of such discussions, not even about lfs and noone banned anyone...

also nice behavior from op...
(23:50:01) (@Moonclaw) DoN^^ & caporegime, go FU*K yourselves. <- in original its not censored
#65 - ekze
LOL. Nice log, Don ^_^
In this matter I agree with DoN...
Don, you should listen to your Kidk more.
Quote from Don :WARNING! you CANNOT have conversation with someone who has different opinion in this channel. I disagreed with caporegine in something about LFS, so we started discussing and got kickbanned for 1h for that. wtf is wrong? there were hundreds of such discussions, not even about lfs and noone banned anyone...

also nice behavior from op...
(23:50:01) (@Moonclaw) DoN^^ & caporegime, go FU*K yourselves. <- in original its not censored

Don it wasn't and hour I kickbanned you for, it approx 5 minutes. You can discuss whatever you like from cameras to other aspects of LFS and non LFS and you have done so for a number of years. The reason why I briefly kick banned you was that I asked you to stop the conversation, as it was barely a discussion and more like a silly argument, you both kept using the same viewpoint over and not actually getting anywhere. I pm'd you just after I did this and you never replied Carporoxx.x.x.. whatsit did and he returned soon after I removed the ban (your bans where both removed at the same time). As I also said in PM it wasn't personal I just didnt want the only topic in the room being a silly argument that was drawing more people into either side for what I felt was nothing more than just trolling.

Now please don't be so melodramatic and say that you cannot say what you feel, just PM if you disagree with the KB. I can't recall the last time I kicked or banned anyone except for spammers. If I didn't believe I could talk about any aspect of the game or other items I wouldn't visit #liveforspeed.
#69 - vari
Quote from Don :I disagreed with caporegine in something about LFS, so we started discussing and got kickbanned for 1h for that. wtf is wrong?

EDIT: blah, <snip>

Advertisement: Feel the wrath of evil and unfair OPs and get banned in an instant, join The Official Live For Speed channel #liveforspeed in irc.gamesurge.net!
#70 - Don
EDIT: i didnt receive any PM, because you pmed DoN and my nick was DoN^^, so that explains....
Oh SNAP!!! :Eyecrazy: :chair:
Well I do appologise don if you didnt recieve any. I thought it was odd that you never said anything I thought you must be ignoring me. I can understand now why you felt you where kicked without warning. I think I just realised what I did, I message don.... not DoN^^.. Well I do appologise don.
Quote from J.Gent :Well I do appologise don if you didnt recieve any. I thought it was odd that you never said anything I thought you must be ignoring me. I can understand now why you felt you where kicked without warning. I think I just realised what I did, I message don.... not DoN^^.. Well I do appologise don.

you need a silly-slap! now unban me
Me too!!!!!!! It has been while now.
Me too
This thread is closed

#liveforspeed geting out of hand
(82 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG