The online racing simulator
skinsX folder size
(32 posts, started )
skinsX folder size
Wondering if there's a way to help control the massive size of the SkinsX folder. There's a lot of skins of all sorts of qualities, maybe some only used a few times then ditched to lie rotting quietly in the darker corners of the skinsX folder.
Can they be time-stamped in some way? Maybe if they are not used for 3 or 6 months they get auto-deleted?
In this way, the skinsX folder remains a reasonable size and filled only with players skins that are still actively used on-line.
How often do people go through and purge their skinsX folders?
I just go through, click on the image and get this. I have Windows XP. Anything 3 month or older is deleted. I used the "date modified" as a time stamp, as a reference.
Attached images
sreenshot.jpg
I clear mine out every 6 months or so to keep the files down.
2898 files.

185 mb.
I regularly mod and play around with the LFS files anyway, so anytime I`m in there, I just blank them all.
#6 - SamH
272MB, 4,098 files. Needs attention, I think! My MPR directory is nearly a GB in size, as well, and it doesn't seem like 2 minutes since I moved 4GB of them to DVD!
Attached images
skins_x.gif
215 Mb. I never ... what's the word... *checks dictionary* ... clean

Oh wait, that's bad
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Will the "date modified" property update each time the skin appears in game? If not, it's not a great way to filter skins.
#9 - Jakg
Im beating ya all!
Attached images
Grabby1.jpg
I've added Skins_X as a custom folder in CCleaner, so this really isn't a problem for me. I would like to see LFS do this automatically. Just get rid of all the ones that haven't been used for 2 weeks(?)
I cleared it out not too long ago, as it made the explorer pause for a second or so each first time I opened my LFS folder. So I checked out the size and... apparently I'm leet

(This was not prepared)
Attached images
skinsx.gif
i believe i win :
Attached images
i win.jpg
good job you blanked your username I might have hacked you
......lol ok.
Quote from Vendetta :i believe i win :

Each of the files in your skins_x folder would have to be an average of 613KB for that to be true. The largest in my skins_x folder is 253KB and the average is 110KB. I don't see the point in you 'cheating' to 'win' this 'competition', if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I delete all files last modified more than 2 months ago every couple of months. Keeps the size down to around 200MB or so.
He probably just renamed his pr0n directory to skins_x
mines only 240mb, which has no impact on my tiny hard drive so I don't really see it as an issue really
I just delete everything in that folder every so often.

Mine is currently only 215mb after a new install several months ago. But I've had it up to 1 GB, and around there is when I usually clean it all out
Quote from amp88 :Each of the files in your skins_x folder would have to be an average of 613KB for that to be true. The largest in my skins_x folder is 253KB and the average is 110KB. I don't see the point in you 'cheating' to 'win' this 'competition', if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I delete all files last modified more than 2 months ago every couple of months. Keeps the size down to around 200MB or so.

i just did a quick simple photoshop..at first i was gonna do a rediculous number but then i tried to see if i could fool anyone :P
Quote from Vendetta :i just did a quick simple photoshop..at first i was gonna do a rediculous number but then i tried to see if i could fool anyone :P

No offence intended, but your skills are severely lacking. Leave it to the pros!
Attached images
skins_x pic.PNG
lmao
#22 - SamH
Quote from amp88 :No offence intended, but your skills are severely lacking. Leave it to the pros!

ROFL!!! Excellent!! That made me burst out laughing!!!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#23 - Gunn
44.3MB here. Time for a clean out.
800 files -- 50 MB. I emptied it a few weeks ago.
I would probably win for dialup. I don't auto download, I do it from replays. 3315 files and 232 mb. Oldest skin: 9/7/2004. I never clean it out because I don't want to lose anything that I may end up downloading later. It stinks being on dialup for skins.

skinsX folder size
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG