The online racing simulator
Signature.. Sizes!
(42 posts, started )
I seriously hope sig pictures never get enabled. Those are far more annoying than 10 line sigs.
+1 for 5 line maximum :up:
If you're only going to do a short, one-liner "+1" type of response, for example, your post should be no bigger than the avatar panel on the left (see Android's post above).
And please, no signature images, ever (smilies excepted, natch). I keep sigs on because I like to follow people's links sometimes, plus we already have avatars. If you add sig images to the mix this place would get very cluttered very fast...

+1 for 1 line sigs with forced size 1 text and light gray color, no bolds, no italic, no underline except in links, no all caps and no images. Maybe then I would enable signatures again..
Now that's way too harsh. I rather have you sigs disabled then enforcing these ridiculous rules
i noticed something with my computer where for a period of time random sigs and sites had really small print, thus i thought it was some new thing and i made mine small.

It would be good if sigs and two lines of type was the size of the light blue box(with the avatar and personal info) on the left of each post, after two lines it would expand.

a good resriction size???
#31 - SamH
There really haven't been many signatures that I've found offensively large, or offensive in content. Sometimes they're a minor irritant, but I just spin a little harder on the mousewheel and they zoom on by.

I'd already been thinking that it might be nice to have the ability to add a few hyperlinked userbars instead of a signature, though the more 56k-afflicted members might suffer that badly.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Heh, I was just looking his previous posts and found some classics. Just for tonite I'll make my sig large!

(I'll remove it tomorrow, I swear )
Personally, I cannot see what problems people have with the signatures here. I honestly see none that are disruptive to the forums.

If it bothers you, just disable signatures because there are no limits that would work well, someone would always be bitching "ZOMG, I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ROOM" or "ZOMG, THIS NOOB'S SIG IS LARGE!!".
#35 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :I just clicked a link in your sig and found a page that basically had no content, other than a link to another page that is already linked in your sig! Grr! It's a good thing it's all on one line! *shakes fist*

You clicked a link in MY sig?? Wotchadoodatfer? I need to sort out my sig, definitely.
-
#36 - SamH
Ooh kewl! I've not had a new stalker in 2 years.. and she's still stalking me
-
Yes, then you go to a corner store, get another 12 pack... :P
Signatures are quite useful, I've clicked several . 4, 5 lines are enough to fit useful links and a quotation or two in a signature. Forum emoticons and text only should be plenty for that, anything else such as images and vertical text are overkill.
I just think that a signature is not a CV, or an auto-biography
When you sign any document you don't write 5 lines.

If people want to know more details about somebody on the forum, they just go in their profile...
#40 - Gelo
Please help me
why I cannot put images in my signature (img is not active)
I would want to put my little copper STCC userbar
Quote from Gelo :Please help me
why I cannot put images in my signature (img is not active)
I would want to put my little copper STCC userbar

For the STCC bar, just use [stcc] BB Code, with your LFS name between the tags.

#42 - Gelo

Signature.. Sizes!
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG