The online racing simulator
STCC Licence Userbar
(242 posts, closed, started )
My nifty blue bar is making me FLACCID WITH RAGE!!
Quote from Becky Rose :10,000 is the highest ms score for a ping without getting into command line parameters, it's more likely a mild exageration ...

Ive told you a thousand times dont exagerate! (spelling sorry)

No its not that bad,but bad enough to be a major problem to others.
Are you on dialup? I don't have any problems in online play with a ping of over 400 to some servers. The disadvantage is for us really and sometimes theres lag crashes.
No i,m on 1500/something adsl, but the warping and lag delays makes its pretty ordinary..

Plus i dont want to ruin ppls races by punting them off due to lag..

Il stick to MNR and AAL leagues

Still STCC sounds like a sweet setup
Really strange you experience that, maybe your ISP throttles high ports or something. Luckily we do have MNR and AAL, should be fun in the open wheelers this season
Yer really looking forward to some F08 action,even if the aliens make me feel like i,m going backwards
little ot: theye changed the rules for signatures, only 3 lines :X
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :little ot: theye changed the rules for signatures, only 3 lines :X

THANK YOU VICTOR!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :bowdown:
A sensible decision, methinks

You could ad-unban us now, Android, knowing it's not gonna get that bad afterall
Haha, no. Sorry but ANY image in a sig is too much image for me. Emoticons are borderline, but I can't really be arsed to write a script to remove these from sigs
New siglet
Nice option, I like it
You know, as a "casual racer" (LOL), I really just don't give a hoot about your licensing system. That being said, I still think Y'all have a good idea with this.
I also think that the Bronze server is a great place to learn how to make set-ups on the fly. I'm sorry but forces view and replays don't help. I need to know what the car does in performance by it's performance (do that make sense?) and your server fills that need perfectly for me. I also never really used the GTi or whatever it's called after S-2. It's a fun little car.
But I'm really glad that this concept is limited to just y'alls servers. If everyone decided that the whole LFS community needed to operate this way, my wheel would go in the garage and never come out again
I don't like the idea of being dictated by pasty outta shape Schumi wannabes
what car I can or can't use and if EVERY server started doing something like that, then that's what would happen. Plus, I bet it would be very frustrating for newbies that bought the full license expecting to tear it up in the new cars and tracks, only to find they are stuck in the same ol demo cars for like forever until they get their color changed. So that would ultimately be detrimental to the game* (calling it a racing-sim is just soooo geeky)

But like I said, as long as this license thingee is limited to your servers, then
it can actually be a blessing for the game in disguise. It can help people note their progress and hooks them up with people that are about their skill level.
Also, with this license system an unintended consequence is you can tell who has an active social life or lack thereof by what color they have ROFL

Oh yeah, If I was to get a titanium license (yeah, right) and win the server, does it have to be used for LFS? March madness is around the corner and I would really love to make some extra $$$ booking bets
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Racer Y :Oh yeah, If I was to get a titanium license (yeah, right) and win the server, does it have to be used for LFS? March madness is around the corner and I would really love to make some extra $$$ booking bets

You could use it for whatever you can use an LFS S2 23 slot server for! I'm not sure how you'd turn it into a bookies.. but I'd like to see it
Testing....
EDIT: Today or tomorrow it'll be platinum. :P
Quote from Kid222 :Testing....

testing...
wasn't sure if it still works, I can't trust earlier posts and the preview function
[/spam]
Testing!!
Quote from Kid222 :Testing....

Way to go! You've definitely worked for it!
Since this allowance of images in sigs is supposed to be a test in league promotion, why not have the userbars automatically act as links to the STCC website?
I don't think a userbar is specifically intended to be a promotion for the thing it shows as MUCH as they are intended to make a statement by the person, about the person. I've linked my userbar to my STCC licence status page, using:

[url=http://licence.ukct.net/licence.asp?lfsuser=SamH][stcc]SamH[/stcc][/url]

..but if the userbar were linked by default, I do think it would tamper with what userbars are about, as a concept in itself.

I could be wrong.. it's my grasp of the concept of userbars in general
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Did you just get here? Vic's thrown it open to any league organizers (and maybe teams?), if they want a userbar for their events, he'll create the bbcode so that they can. So I got there first. So what. I'm not apologizing for that.

Incidentally, if anyone wants a userbar template and a freeware font to get creating their own, send me a PM.
Quote from LFSn00b :Check my sig XD

Looks good apart from the fact your using Bean0's bar.
Quote from Victor :You could disable signatures.

Thanks for the hint, Victor, I forgot about that. Done. :tired:
This thread is closed

STCC Licence Userbar
(242 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG