The online racing simulator
Linux for Speed
(35 posts, started )
Perhaps you could make a version designed specifically to work with Linux.
@Chris758: I do have a copy. I've copied misc\f*.xxx as well. All files have a proper mode (rwxr--r--).

As for copying the registry, I don't see any changes to system registry upon unlocking LFS. (Used regmon)
i actually used crossover office beta for unlocking not wine and then copied the system.reg in /home/..../.cxofficebeta/Your_Bottle_Name to /home/.../.cedega/Your_Profile_Name
Anyone tried patch V under wine? I managed to get it working pretty easily

ubuntu 6.10 desktop (very impressed with it so far)
wine package installed

LFS seems to work more or less couple of issues:

- no sound (maybe vista stuff thats been added)
- shadows issues (minor)
- no real dial display
Quote from detail :Sales agent?

I've written already up there, it supports 32 bit.

dude im 15 i got no job

and i know its a crap card ... thats why i upgraded but for playing LFS its ok .. BLEH
Quote from Mikey :Anyone tried patch V under wine? I managed to get it working pretty easily

ubuntu 6.10 desktop (very impressed with it so far)
wine package installed

LFS seems to work more or less couple of issues:

- no sound (maybe vista stuff thats been added)
- shadows issues (minor)
- no real dial display

I tried it under Fedora Core 6. Under Wine I get similar problems, though I do have sound. Under Cedega I only have the shadow issue, dials work fine. Getting about 25FPS at 1280x1024 16bit (24/32 was like 5 fps slower and didn't fix shadows), XP2500, Geforce 6200 (not TC!!), Audigy2 ZS. So while it's nice to know it works I think I'll keep playing on my A64/X1900XT
Unlock in Linux/Cedega
Here is the post for the entry in system.reg that will fix the unlock problem.

Here is a post in the screenie section that will give you linux guys some happiness.

I have been using cedega 4.3.3 and Ubuntu linux for awhile now. I would not have it any other way, except to have a native client for LFS.

P.S. I have just updated to patch V, the Unlock system must have changed. I am now back to demo mode. I don't have a net connection at the moment for the desktop so I can't unlock. FPS went up some, and I like the new menus.
tecwizrd, thanks for help! I oversaw those threads. Will try a bit later.
LFS works like a charm under plain Wine for me. Using Ubuntu dapper 6.06 i386 I selected Wine in synaptic and it worked right away. I have no existing Windows installation on that drive: Wine is not piggybacking on an already working installation.

Cons:
no shadows (no big deal)
dials mess up on dash if I use shift-f4
problems getting to full-screen with LFS on top
joystick range and/or deadzone
no force-feedback

Now the last 2 are what make me have windows installed still. I realise that the deadzone and joystick range problems are due to Wine's joystick mapper because in Ubuntu my joystick range is fully detected. So I am needing basically the logitech profiler in Wine.

For the force-feedback, I think it should work, I'm just too lazy to compile the code I found that sends the force messages to the controller. Certainly LFS is already generating these messages

Performance is 80fps+ running on Athlon 64 2Ghz + geforce 7600GT.

hth
Quote from Execution Style :
---schanipp---
For the force-feedback, I think it should work, I'm just too lazy to compile the code I found that sends the force messages to the controller. Certainly LFS is already generating these messages
---schanipp---
hth

Could you elaborate a bit on what code you found? For about two years now LFS is the only reason for keeping windows. Working Force Feedback under windows to be exact. So please don't be lazy

Linux for Speed
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG